• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

4 Corners fight likey in Punggol East GE

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
6 Corners fight likey in Punggol East GE

PAP Dr Koh Poh Khoon 52%
WP Lee Li Lian 38%
SDP VW or TP 5%
RP KJ 2% (Lost deposit)
DPP Ben Pwee 2% (Lost deposit)
SDA Desmond Lim <1% (Lost deposit)

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
6 Corners fight likey in Punggol East GE

PAP Dr Koh Poh Khoon 52%
WP Lee Li Lian 38%
SDP VW or TP 5%
RP KJ 2% (Lost deposit)
DPP Ben Pwee 2% (Lost deposit)
SDA Desmond Lim <1% (Lost deposit)

ben pwee already said he not contesting
I dont think desmond will contest, never heard him doing walkabout

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
PAP Dr Koh Poh Khoon 52%

in multi cornered fights, me just like to see PAP's vote going below 50% mark.
last PE saw TT & TCB with 30 odd points, TJS 20 odd points, shows hardcore PAP supporters around 30 odd point, moderates 40 odd points, hardcore opposition supporters 20 odd points.
me welcome a multi cornered fight, better send all the best candidate! HUAT AH!!!

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
last PE saw TT & TCB with 30 odd points, TJS 20 odd points, shows hardcore PAP supporters around 30 odd point, moderates 40 odd points, hardcore opposition supporters 20 odd points.
me welcome a multi cornered fight, better send all the best candidate! HUAT AH!!!

TCB was half PAP.....and president cant do fuck...

I will not read too much into it...

TCB is not a proxy for WP.... TJS also not a direct proxy for SDP...

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are right. In an MCF each party had better send in their absolute best candidate, or risk getting mauled so bad they won't see 2016 at all.

The oppo will not win an MCF, but at least give the PAP a black eye by forcing them to win with a less than simple majority. Would be really bruising if PAP won by 45% only

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
My six sense tells me it's a 3 corner fight in Punggol BE,
but without SDP.

PAP - 51%
WP - 44%
RP - 5%

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My prediction is based on looking at the results from GE2011 and predicting the swings.

PAP's 54.5% from GE2011. Based on Hougang BE2012 results where there was a swing of 2.7% against the incumbent party towards the incumbent losing candidate, I estimate that the swing against PAP will be about 3.5% taking into account other factors like AIM. All 3.5% will go to WP, being the moderate opposition party.

WP's 41% from GE2011. Most of the voters will stick with WP. There will be some that may be unhappy with WP's supposed quietness, but they will do the math and know they should stick with WP. Around 2.5% would be unhappy enough to switch to SDP.

SDA's 4.5% from GE2011. About a third (1.5%) of them will see the light and know to support WP this time. The rest hate WP enough to randomly vote for another opposition party (split 1% each)

So this is my estimate for now:

PAP: 51%
WP: 43.5%
SDP: 3.5%
RP: 1%
SDA: 1%

player26

Alfrescian
Loyal
shaping to be straight fight between PAP and WP...

SDP 50-50 to contest in my opinion...CSJ as usual very unpredicitable..

RP.. just making sure noone forgets about them.. he aint got the guts or charm like his dad

the rest should consider if they can get their deposits..

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TCB is not a proxy for WP.... TJS also not a direct proxy for SDP...

The first sensible thing I've seen you write.

TCB is a PAP man through and through, but in the 'other' camp. He was, and will never be, a proxy for the opposition, despite the wet dreams of some WP supporters.

TJS has broken ranks with the SDP ... right from the beginning he was more independent than people gave him credit for and he's never tried to hide the fact that he's his own man ... not beholden to any party but to his own convictions about opposition unity.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My six sense tells me it's a 3 corner fight in Punggol BE,
but without SDP.

PAP - 51%
WP - 44%
RP - 5%

3 corner too risky. Should be 4 corner. After all PE had proven that 4 is a good number.

This BE appears to be a distraction, a training session for their new generation and an experiment to find out :

1. how people will react to a new incumbent (with qualification) against an ex-contestant (i.e. the current values of the respective brand names)
2. To find out the effectiveness of Haban Singh type of wayang in present day.

I think they are pretty confident of a win. It is the actual % score that they are more interested. However, I must say that the strategy of their new team is not too sound. The use of strategies like "it is me", "do not give me sympathy vote" and "I was once poor"... is not what many would buy now. With internet, it is a new ball game. If they don't change tactic, the result could be a shock to them.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A 4-corner fight involving the incumbent and 3 major opposition parties does have its merits:

1. It shows how much support for the PAP has slipped (or increased) since the promises of GE2011;
2. It is a good indicator of the relative strengths of the various opposition parties vis-a-vis voter support.

Both have ramifications for GE2016: the former on PAP's strategies (including tilting the playing field even further); the latter on the prospects of opposition collaboration/horse-trading.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A 4-corner fight involving the incumbent and 3 major opposition parties does have its merits:

1. It shows how much support for the PAP has slipped (or increased) since the promises of GE2011;
2. It is a good indicator of the relative strengths of the various opposition parties vis-a-vis voter support.

Both have ramifications for GE2016: the former on PAP's strategies (including tilting the playing field even further); the latter on the prospects of opposition collaboration/horse-trading.

Not sure if you realize the possibility that in a 3CF, SDP will take the non-WP votes. Whereas in a 4CF, the non-WP vote will be split between SDP and SDA/RP increasing the chances of them all losing their deposits.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure if you realize the possibility that in a 3CF, SDP will take the non-WP votes. Whereas in a 4CF, the non-WP vote will be split between SDP and SDA/RP increasing the chances of them all losing their deposits.

Realize that. But if it shows the relative strength of SDP/RP/SDA vs WP, it would have served its function. If all three lost their deposits, it simply means that they'd have less leverage to co-opt WP into any alliance, and would have to form their own separate alliance (with NSP and SPP), or buck up an go it alone for GE2016.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If all three lost their deposits, it simply means that they'd have less leverage to co-opt WP into any alliance, and would have to form their own separate alliance (with NSP and SPP), or buck up an go it alone for GE2016.

That's why I find it puzzling that SDP has not approached the rest but only WP. That made me wonder if he was trying to have the best opposition candidate forward because it sounded more like having parties stronger than SDP step aside for SDP.

If he is sincere, he should start doing that after this BE. A SDP-NSP-DPP link up will be nice. Forget RP and SDA because they are what they are.