• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

4 Corners fight likey in Punggol East GE

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the contrary, I believe it. PT against LLL, more than even chance. Without the events of the past few days.

There's still a chance. Chee doesn't show up during the campaign. Same for Jufrie. The same effect resulted in an improved result for SDP in 2011.

Let VW, PT and JG run the campaign jointly. Can get all the Indian and minority votes in PE.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the contrary, I believe it. PT against LLL, more than even chance. Without the events of the past few days.

Naturally WP supporters can't see beyond their fan base to gauge non-partisan opposition voters' sentiments.

Hang on, are you predicting that PT and LLL will get around the same number of votes?

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unlikely. Even without the PR disaster, they would still be losing their deposit.

Most people don't care which opposition party it is they are voting for - they just want to vote for the frontrunner non-PAP candidate. This is apparent from the past few MCF by elections we had in Anson and Marine Parade. PE2011 was different because most people couldn't see for themselves that TCB had a far better chance of unseating TTT than TJS. This BE is different - WP is the obvious frontrunner opposition party here. Only the extreme WP haters will be voting SDP/RP/SDA.

Incidentally, anyone remember the youtube videos of SDP supporters cheering WP's Aljunied win at the SDP gathering at Quality Hotel during GE2011? Seem to have been deleted and unsearchable now. I wonder why.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most people don't care which opposition party it is they are voting for - they just want to vote for the frontrunner non-PAP candidate.

Precisely why I think people will vote for the vastly stronger candidate – PT – despite WP's stronger party branding in this BE.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have to be seriously delusional to think that the voters themselves see PT as the frontrunner just because he has a PhD. No matter, you won't be convinced how wrong you are until the results come out and PT loses his deposit by a large margin.

Last edited:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have to be seriously delusional to think that the voters themselves see PT as the frontrunner just because he has a PhD. No matter, you won't be convinced how wrong you are until the results come out and PT loses his deposit by a large margin.

He does not have a PhD. He has a medical degree. That is a significant notch higher than a PhD.
Still, I concur with your last point.