• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

365 days evil Scripture Reading ;)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bible Quote for June 21

God Brings Evil

"But to the king of Judah who sent you to inquire of the LORD, thus you will say to him, 'Thus says the LORD God of Israel {regarding} the words which you have heard, "Because your heart was tender and you humbled yourself before God when you heard His words against this place and against its inhabitants, and {because} you humbled yourself before Me, tore your clothes and wept before Me, I truly have heard you," declares the LORD. "Behold, I will gather you to your fathers and you shall be gathered to your grave in peace, so your eyes will not see all the evil which I will bring on this place and on its inhabitants.'" And they brought back word to the king. (2 Chronicles 34:26-28 NAS)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bible Quotes for June 23

Rape and the Spoils of War

They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil. (Judges 5:30-31 NAB)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bible Quotes for June 24

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bible Quote for June 25

Lightning is God's Weapon

He covers his hands with the lightning, and commands it to strike the mark. Its crashing tells about him; he is jealous with anger against iniquity.

"At this also my heart trembles, and leaps out of its place. Listen, listen to the thunder of his voice and the rumbling that comes from his mouth. Under the whole heaven he lets it loose, and his lightning to the corners of the earth. After it his voice roars; he thunders with his majestic voice and he does not restrain the lightnings when his voice is heard. God thunders wondrously with his voice; he does great things that we cannot comprehend.

For to the snow he says, "Fall on the earth'; and the shower of rain, his heavy shower of rain, serves as a sign on everyone's hand, so that all whom he has made may know it. Then the animals go into their lairs and remain in their dens. From its chamber comes the whirlwind, and cold from the scattering winds. By the breath of God ice is given, and the broad waters are frozen fast. He loads the thick cloud with moisture; the clouds scatter his lightning. They turn round and round by his guidance, to accomplish all that he commands them on the face of the habitable world. Whether for correction, or for his land, or for love, he causes it to happen. (Job 36:32 to 37:13 NRS)

(Note that this passage also talks about a flat earth, "the corners of the earth".)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bible Quote for June 26

Mediums Can Talk to the Dead

Saul then said to his advisers, "Find a woman who is a medium, so I can go and ask her what to do."His advisers replied, "There is a medium at Endor." So Saul disguised himself by wearing ordinary clothing instead of his royal robes. Then he went to the woman's home at night, accompanied by two of his men."I have to talk to a man who has died," he said. "Will you call up his spirit for me?" "Are you trying to get me killed?" the woman demanded. "You know that Saul has expelled all the mediums and psychics from the land. Why are you setting a trap for me?" But Saul took an oath in the name of the LORD and promised, "As surely as the LORD lives, nothing bad will happen to you for doing this." Finally, the woman said, "Well, whose spirit do you want me to call up?"

"Call up Samuel," Saul replied. When the woman saw Samuel, she screamed, "You've deceived me! You are Saul!" "Don't be afraid!" the king told her. "What do you see?" "I see a god coming up out of the earth," she said. "What does he look like?" Saul asked."He is an old man wrapped in a robe," she replied. Saul realized that it was Samuel, and he fell to the ground before him. "Why have you disturbed me by calling me back?" Samuel asked. "Because I am in deep trouble," Saul replied. "The Philistines are at war with us, and God has left me and won't reply by prophets or dreams. So I have called for you to tell me what to do." But Samuel replied, "Why ask me if the LORD has left you and has become your enemy? The LORD has done just as he said he would. He has taken the kingdom from you and given it to your rival, David. (1 Samuel 28:7-17)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Peace !

Fishy,

I am a man of lowly education.....I couldn't understand what on earth you are writing and I wonder whether other readers here do.

you dont need education to tell you a snake cant talk ...you just needed a brain and logic thinking ...in your case , you have none ...whahahahaha

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Keep it up ! You're continually reaffirming that you're far better at insults than at bible exegesis (not that this was ever in doubt ... lol). Facts ? You're only interested in stuff that fits your blinkered world view. And you think that you're so smart ... sigh

Attention readers (drifter excluded): If you're interested in a different perspective on all these so called 'evil' passages of the bible, do read what I have written in post #144 of this thread.

you dont need to be smart to be able to tell a talking snake dont exist :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bible Quotes for June 27

POWs Thrown off a Cliff

Then Amaziah summoned his courage and led his army to the Valley of Salt, where they killed ten thousand Edomite troops from Seir. They captured another ten thousand and took them to the top of a cliff and threw them off, dashing them to pieces on the rocks below. Meanwhile, the hired troops that Amaziah had sent home raided several of the towns of Judah between Samaria and Beth-horon, killing three thousand people and carrying off great quantities of plunder. (2 Chronicles 25:11-13 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bible Quote for June 28

Jesus Doesn’t Want to Save Everyone

And when he [Jesus] was alone, those present along with the Twelve questioned him about the parables. He answered them, "The mystery of the kingdom of God has been granted to you. But to those outside everything comes in parables, so that 'they may look and see but not perceive, and hear and listen but not understand, in order that they may not be converted and be forgiven.'" (Mark 4:10-12 NAB)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bible Quote for June 30

Murderous Fire from Heaven

Then he (King Ahaziah) sent an army captain with fifty soldiers to arrest him (Elijah). They found him sitting on top of a hill. The captain said to him, "Man of God, the king has commanded you to come along with us." But Elijah replied to the captain, "If I am a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and destroy you and your fifty men!" Then fire fell from heaven and killed them all. So the king sent another captain with fifty men. The captain said to him, "Man of God, the king says that you must come down right away." Elijah replied, "If I am a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and destroy you and your fifty men!" And again the fire of God fell from heaven and killed them all. (2 Kings 1:9-12)

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Human Are Like Bacteria

Then he (King Ahaziah) sent an army captain with fifty soldiers to arrest him (Elijah). They found him sitting on top of a hill. The captain said to him, "Man of God, the king has commanded you to come along with us." But Elijah replied to the captain, "If I am a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and destroy you and your fifty men!" Then fire fell from heaven and killed them all. So the king sent another captain with fifty men. The captain said to him, "Man of God, the king says that you must come down right away." Elijah replied, "If I am a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and destroy you and your fifty men!" And again the fire of God fell from heaven and killed them all. (2 Kings 1:9-12)

8d47dfff9d81d972c78378077a70160c.jpg

Tsk, tsk, tsk ! Do you know that I envied him ! :cool: You have no idea what this kind of power can do. All 7 billions lives on earth will be ...

Those who have this power can command hegemony. But, you are so concern with some death ? Do you know what kind of disaster that a population of 7 billions or more can do ? Especially, ... ungodly ones ?

你的视线短浅。

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Human Are Like Bacteria

8d47dfff9d81d972c78378077a70160c.jpg

Tsk, tsk, tsk ! Do you know that I envied him ! :cool: You have no idea what this kind of power can do. All 7 billions lives on earth will be ...

Those who have this power can command hegemony. But, you are so concern with some death ? Do you know what kind of disaster that a population of 7 billions or more can do ? Especially, ... ungodly ones ?

你的视线短浅。

2222222222222222222222222222222.jpg

222222222222222222222222222.jpg

whahahahahahahahaahhaa...concern death ? who cares :wink: whahahahahhahahaa...only the weak like you need invisible comfort :wink:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Energy = Invisiible

whahahahahahahahaahhaa...concern death ? who cares :wink: whahahahahhahahaa...only the weak like you need invisible comfort :wink:

How can it be invisible ? Many things also invisible whard like energy. Then, why do people believe in something that cannot be seen and call it energy. Remember, must see it then can pass hor.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Energy = Invisiible

How can it be invisible ? Many things also invisible whard like energy. Then, why do people believe in something that cannot be seen and call it energy. Remember, must see it then can pass hor.

energy can be tested to proof it exists ...idiot . you are beginning to behave like your boyfriend kinana :wink: whahahahaha...but then again , i dont expect much IQ from a delusional christains ..whahahahahaha

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bible Quote for July 1

Be Good Slaves

Slaves are to be under the control of their masters in all respects, giving them satisfaction, not talking back to them or stealing from them, but exhibiting completely good faith, so as to adorn the doctrine of God our savior in every way. (Titus 2:9-10 NAB)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bible Quote for July 2

Slaves, Respect Your Masters

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse. (1 Peter 2:18 NAB)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bible Quotes for July 3

Conquest, Murder, and Plunder

So Joshua and his warriors traveled to the water near Merom and attacked suddenly. And the LORD gave them victory over their enemies. The Israelites chased them as far as Great Sidon and Misrephoth-maim, and eastward into the valley of Mizpah, until not one enemy warrior was left alive. Then Joshua crippled the horses and burned all the chariots, as the LORD had instructed. Joshua then turned back and captured Hazor and killed its king. (Hazor had at one time been the capital of the federation of all these kingdoms.) The Israelites completely destroyed every living thing in the city. Not a single person was spared. And then Joshua burned the city. Joshua slaughtered all the other kings and their people, completely destroying them, just as Moses, the servant of the LORD, had commanded. However, Joshua did not burn any of the cities built on mounds except Hazor. And the Israelites took all the captured goods and cattle of the ravaged cities for themselves, but they killed all the people. As the LORD had commanded his servant Moses, so Moses commanded Joshua. And Joshua did as he was told, carefully obeying all of the LORD's instructions to Moses. (Joshua 11:7-15 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bible Quotes for July 4

Christian Communism

The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. With great power the apostles bore witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great favor was accorded them all. There was no needy person among them, for those who owned property or houses would sell them, bring the proceeds of the sale, and put them at the feet of the apostles, and they were distributed to each according to need. (Acts 4:32-35 NAB)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bible Quote for July 5

More Christian Communism

Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand persons were added that day. They devoted themselves to the teaching of the apostles and to the communal life, to the breaking of the bread and to the prayers. Awe came upon everyone, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. All who believed were together and had all things in common; they would sell their property and possessions and divide them among all according to each one's need. (Acts 2:41-45 NAB)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bible Quote for July 7

Murder

At the customary time for offering the evening sacrifice, Elijah the prophet walked up to the altar and prayed, "O LORD, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, prove today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant. Prove that I have done all this at your command. O LORD, answer me! Answer me so these people will know that you, O LORD, are God and that you have brought them back to yourself." Immediately the fire of the LORD flashed down from heaven and burned up the young bull, the wood, the stones, and the dust. It even licked up all the water in the ditch! And when the people saw it, they fell on their faces and cried out, "The LORD is God! The LORD is God!" Then Elijah commanded, "Seize all the prophets of Baal. Don't let a single one escape!" So the people seized them all, and Elijah took them down to the Kishon Valley and killed them there. (1 Kings 18:36-40 NLT)