• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

32 years old considered old???

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
In my generation ( baby boomer's ), it is an expectation problem. Every good guys are expected to be promoted to manager within 3 years of starting in the workforce?! So, their technical skills, if they ever learn goes out of the window. It is compounded with our focus on MNC regional offices, and a large part of the skills is very administrative in nature.

So, what to do, either you climb fast and high to earn the salary for early retirement or if you are being replace later, and get found out with no skills whatsoever and un-employable, you're dead. :mad:

Btw, in other developed countries, 30 to 40 years old is a very sought after age group, where you posses the right experience and still relatively young for the job. Only in Singapore where you are look upon as old. :(

Last edited:

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Well to say you are old i dont tink so and to say you are young i dun tink so too...i would say you are not young and you are not old you just in between young and old:wink:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If u want to be an employee all your life, you will be at the mercy of employers. And somemore you are a Singapore, that means b4 u begin u are already a 2nd class citizen. At least this is the army... u still have a chance. If not the army, u think u got chance?

Be self employed. Or else when u get to 40, no one will hire u anymore.

My scholar friend in the army is trying to recruit me for a position. However, he says that despite my excellent track record and work experiences, my age of 32 is considered "old" and the HR may not call me up for interview...if 32 years old is considered old for a Singaporean male with 2 degrees and 9 years of working experiences in 2 different industries, I really wonder what is the future for Singaporean males? Must they take a pay cut everytime they try to switch a career or job? Comments please...

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
My scholar friend in the army is trying to recruit me for a position. However, he says that despite my excellent track record and work experiences, my age of 32 is considered "old" and the HR may not call me up for interview...if 32 years old is considered old for a Singaporean male with 2 degrees and 9 years of working experiences in 2 different industries, I really wonder what is the future for Singaporean males? Must they take a pay cut everytime they try to switch a career or job? Comments please...

They are actually hoping to employ prodigies who are 15 years old, have 2 degrees and 9 years of working experiences in 2 different industries, can speak fluent putonghua and have also finished their reservist dues and do not need back to camp anymore.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
In future people need to be younger and smarter. To start school at 2, finish their degrees by the age of 6 and have years of adequate experience in the working world by the age of 10.

Even gaikokujin tarento have to be young and capable in order to be job competitive. If they manage all these, at an old age of 20... they will still be employed, but, they will have the incentive to be paid at least 90% less and do much more work for even longer hours.

meburns

Alfrescian
Loyal
Army so many people by 40 years old will be "retired" to become PE teachers, desk clerks or intructor liao, you now 32 yrs old by the time finish course already 33.

Why will the SAF hire somebody who only have 7 years of "service life" left? Want to join army then should join when doing NS, now very hard lah....

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Duno if any of this is true but the new staff of the circle line were given double promotion to lur them to stay while those that had worked for mrt through thick and thin were given nothing. Heard it from a friend working there and was quite upset about it.

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
32 yrs old still very young to buy TOTO and strike rich.

If 32 yrs old is old, old fart is an antique for display.

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Duno if any of this is true but the new staff of the circle line were given double promotion to lur them to stay while those that had worked for mrt through thick and thin were given nothing. Heard it from a friend working there and was quite upset about it.

So ur friend must be from main line, many circle line staff are from SBST and they dun run one, they run no place to go liao.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

Depends on what sort of position u r looking at.

If its in the service line, the age is not a major issue.

BTW, quit blaming NS. Its all about Asian mentality.
In the west, 32 is consider the right age for many career. But in Singapore or some asian countries, 32 is deem "mature".

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
How could 32 be considered old when the Chairman of "Young" PAP is 40 plus ?

In Singapore, you can continue to work until 87 years old, and still working, and still collecting millions of dollars in salary, on top of your pension.

Singapore is easily the last place on earth to practise age discrimination. Trust me.

BTW, at 32 you can still complete your 2.4 run under 9 minutes ? You are better than John Terry and Fandi Ahmad.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
queenie, i am very curious about you! singaporean lady residing in Bangkok, if i am right? tell us how old are you if you dun mind,please!:p:smile:

Yes, in most Asian countries, if you're a female, you will be given the title "MILF" if you're 32.

jw5

Loyal
queenie, i am very curious about you! singaporean lady residing in Bangkok, if i am right? tell us how old are you if you dun mind,please!:p:smile:
Don't be so curious.
He's a man living in Taiwan, and he asks very strange questions sometimes.
A bit like you actually, except for the Taiwan part. :smile:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

32 years OLD!

45 years OLD expired! No job

55 years OLD really, CPF also don't want your money, No Job Offer.

85 years Young still get job paid Millions.

Got it?

You're now 32 never mind wait till you're 85 yrs gahmen will offer u a
job pay $3million /year