• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

28% pay cut for PM, 31% cut for entry-level ministers proposed

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Salary is just one individual component of the whole renumeration package.:rolleyes:

The cut was more than what we had expected. Many had thought it would be at the most 15% cut.

At least it is a start.

We can only blame the 60% who was okay with their salary, that is why they were still voted into Parliament.

Let's see next GE if people still KPKB, they will cut again or not.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After cut they PM and ministers still 3 time the highest paid from others country.
Thank to WP and TCB and TJS.
TJS said only $500k enough for President.
Hope that the pension scheme will take away. Sinkie cannot afford to pay pension 2/3 of the last salary until RIP.
Abolish pension all follow CPF if gov said CPF is good.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1) If WP didn't nab a GRC in GE2011, would the PAP be so scared shitless into slashing minsters' wages?

2) What happened to the 'high pay to ensure no corruption' reasoning, huh? Going by PAP's logic, it is only fair to expect more corruption in the government, right?

3) Why do you need to pay so much to the Speaker of the House? He's merely a ceremonial chiak liao bee presiding over debates in Parliament.

4) Lastly, the most logical question: where will all the saved money go to?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WTF? Which peasants will take a 37% paycut??? Only a MIW can afford a 37% paycut.

This also means these mother fuckers have been overpaying themselves for a long long time and no questions asked.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Minister salary effective on 21 May 2011. So does it mean ministers need for pay bay the extra salary and bonus.
KNN new bonus 1.5 month plus performance 6 month and national bonus 6 month that more than one year pay.
I very unhappy.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF? Which peasants will take a 37% paycut??? Only a MIW can afford a 37% paycut.

This also means these mother fuckers have been overpaying themselves for a long long time and no questions asked.

During the press conference telecast on Cna just now, one reporter asked whether the cuts mean they have been overpaid in the past since no change in job scope...of course the answer given is no lah, but Gerard Ee did mention in his answer the past is the past and now is moving forward...well guess just too bad for Singaporeans for the past overpayments lor...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
hell with the percentage,, why not cut all the pay to below $1 million.. i guess some pple just love to have million $ in their payslip.

Still million dollar salaries, not benchmark against the rest of first world govts. The only good thing is the pension is finally scrapped as it should have been.

This reminds me of the time when I was a student and temping in a furniture shop, they marked up the price 200% or 300% and then held sales of 30 % or 50% and the customers were happy.

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal
minitvi56olo56i56.com_1153841096_184.jpg
Many will be 面黑黑 at the next sitting of Parliament coming Monday, 9 January 2012. Especially the Speaker Sir, Michael Palmer.

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a good start but still less than the 50% I hoped for, so they will not have my support. I have decided that I will only support a party that advocates a PM's salary of less than $1M.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
sgpres-lwl.jpg

Nathan: Dey, they said you are the chicken colonel ah?
Tony: Yeah lah, we should join venture and create a parata filled with KFC

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Other alternative careers that those Scums In White can do should they decide to leave the Cabinet due to the drastic cuts to their Minister's pay...

Zorro Lim can become a circus clown.. He got the potential to be a good one..

Teo Ser Luck can become a Hungry Ghost auctioneer.. He can go far in this line..

Tharman and Shanmugam can together start a Prata stall... Another option for Tharman is becoming a model for Yun Nam Haircare..

Kee Chui Chan Chui Sing can be S League Cheerleader... His enthusiasm is infectious

Sissy Vivian can start a ponding farm where customers can do some prawning and fishing

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Under the recommendations that the Government has adopted:
- President sees 51% cut and Prime Minister sees 36% cut
- Minister’s salary will be cut by 37%
- Minister’s pay to start from $935,000 a year
- Pension scheme to be removed
- Speaker’s salary will see a reduction of 51%
- MP allowance with be reduced by 3%

So what now? Is pinky going to work 36% less and ministers working 37% less?

Next question, will we start to see corruption happening because these people are going to make up for their losses?

Final question, will there be mass exodus to the private sector?

:oIo::oIo::oIo:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Final question, will there be mass exodus to the private sector?

Robert Kuok can't be expected to be charitable all the time. One GY is enough for him. Maybe Peter Lim can take in another useless MIW. Who else? Chua Thian Poh? Our MIW office holders are simply not private sector material. We don't have our own circus to employ that clown - LSS.