• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 2005 Used Kia Picanto - Can Buy?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Considering to buy a second hand car for someone who just got his/her license.

Is the Kia Picanto a good car. Just need to get from point A to B in one piece and also spend as little time and money as possible on repairs, workshop visits, maintenance, etc.

These look like a good buy ........ on paper:

https://www.carlist.my/used-cars/2005-kia-picanto-1-1-hatchback-m/4940735

https://www.carlist.my/used-cars/2009-kia-picanto-1-1-ex-hatchback-a/4715000

For such an old car (manufactured 2005 - 13 years already) is it better to get a manual instead of auto. If the automatic transmission is or becomes ROSAK (spoilt, broken, etc), how much does it cost to repair and/or replace?

Everyone involved is not mechanically inclined and intention is to use the car for 2 years or so and then ditch it one way or another. Of course, better if it can last longer or has some residual value at end of 2 years. Most important is fuss free motoring for at least 2 years.

Any useful help or advice would be most appreciated.

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Either a used toyota or a chevrolet..drove a chevrolet for 10 years only aircon replacement and flat battery..safe and reliable however minimal scrap unlike jap cars..

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle say the idea of buying a kah tak (leg pedal) at lower upfront cost is wrong concept as you may just need to use the car for 2yrs+ from point A to B but there is no reason to do that. he say buy something like vios KNN end of the 2 year you get back the money KNN

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is the Kia Picanto a good car. Just need to get from point A to B in one piece and also spend as little time and money as possible on repairs, workshop visits, maintenance, etc.

For such an old car (manufactured 2005 - 13 years already) is it better to get a manual instead of auto. If the automatic transmission is or becomes ROSAK (spoilt, broken, etc), how much does it cost to repair and/or replace?

Everyone involved is not mechanically inclined and intention is to use the car for 2 years or so and then ditch it one way or another. Of course, better if it can last longer or has some residual value at end of 2 years. Most important is fuss free motoring for at least 2 years.

Sound like you poor cannot afford. Better not!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

fully agree, kia has one of the worst asian built, as bad as buying a mini cooper, high FC, high repair rate, high road noise, high vibration, its cheaper for someone to drive once in a while with those electric gimmicks park around MSCP

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you're thinking of buying the cheapest kia, forget the picanto. get the 2018 kia rio 5-door hatchback. reasonably good review plus many improvements from the old cheapo 4-door rio.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
In sinkieland, don't buy a car if you don't really need one. In other countries, owning one can be a money pit. In sinkieland, confirm it is an abyss.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In sinkieland, don't buy a car if you don't really need one. In other countries, owning one can be a money pit. In sinkieland, confirm it is an abyss.

In other countries, public transport sucks or is non-existent, so no car there means no life. The money one saves from not having to pay COE, ARF or whatever crap in SG is more than enough to pay for repairs, petrol, parking, etc in those other places. The only issue is time and hassle if have to always go to the repair shop.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A 13-year Picanto ??!!..........later become Picachu................

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kia Picanto is really very underpowered. We are talking about the engine roaring like a noisy bitch when u step up to 70km/hr. U will literally be pissed off driving and will rather take a Grab.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Confirmed you stupid
Smart people know
Not all assets are same
Some will rise and rise
While providing utility
Others will drop and drop
Smart people become rich
Stupid ones come to forums
Make sound bites and get high
Bye no time for scums like you :FU: