• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 2 sinkie Muslim men arrested in Abu Dhabi for crossdressing

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our local Mats are actually more liberal than many overseas Muslims. Najib cross-dresses all the time and no one bats an eyelid. Many LGBT Mats in the theatre & arts scene.

More like mats r tolerant of mats..but if it's other race.....they will condemn like no tomorrow

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually as Malay Muslims I expected both of them to be more aware of Islamic practices in the Middle East. They might be liberal but it shows great level of disrespect to the people of UAE. It is also not their first time so they would have seen the practice over there. There are a lot of Filipino LGBT in UAE working there and you see them in the malls but they dress appropriately.

Our local Mats are actually more liberal than many overseas Muslims. Najib cross-dresses all the time and no one bats an eyelid. Many LGBT Mats in the theatre & arts scene.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
$25,000 raised for lawyer fees for 2 Singaporean men arrested in Abu Dhabi

A fundraising campaign to help two Singaporean men jailed in Abu Dhabi has hit its target of $25,000 in just a day.

Freelance fashion photographer Muhammad Fadli Abdul Rahman, 26, was in Abu Dhabi with his friend Nur Qistina Fitriah Ibrahim, 37, when the two were arrested for dressing in women's clothes and for behaving indecently

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$25,000 raised for lawyer fees for 2 Singaporean men arrested in Abu Dhabi

A fundraising campaign to help two Singaporean men jailed in Abu Dhabi has hit its target of $25,000 in just a day.

Freelance fashion photographer Muhammad Fadli Abdul Rahman, 26, was in Abu Dhabi with his friend Nur Qistina Fitriah Ibrahim, 37, when the two were arrested for dressing in women's clothes and for behaving indecently

It's amazing how well singkies support each other financially .... Especially for rubbish causes like these...For the real important issues like pap running the country to the ground...Nothing is happening.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
$25,000 to save a pair of idiots who deliberately misbehaved in a conservative country despite knowing?

How about some money to save some cancer patients instead? Sinkies really stupid! Donate to such a stupid cause!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually as Malay Muslims I expected both of them to be more aware of Islamic practices in the Middle East. They might be liberal but it shows great level of disrespect to the people of UAE. It is also not their first time so they would have seen the practice over there.

The cardinal rule is: When in Rome, do as Romans do.

But Sinkies – of any ethnicity – are well-known for being culturally tone-deaf when they're in other countries. Those who go chirping 'cheap, cheap' when they're in neighbouring countries, or saunter into a Balinese temple in spaghetti straps, shorts and slippers, to those who pack their suitcases with cup noodles and chilli sauce to eat in their hotel rooms when travelling halfway round the world to ang moh countries.

Frogs in a well.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually as Malay Muslims I expected both of them to be more aware of Islamic practices in the Middle East. They might be liberal but it shows great level of disrespect to the people of UAE. It is also not their first time so they would have seen the practice over there. There are a lot of Filipino LGBT in UAE working there and you see them in the malls but they dress appropriately.

You were very hasty is squarely laying the blame on them - something was very fishy about this story in particular the speed at which they were sentenced. I did check in with some significant contacts on the ground and they were really shocked this has happened because there are plenty of effeminate Arabs from neighbouring states who descend upon the UAE and nobody really bothers because its not really a big issue (as long as they are not bonking publicly). It is not uncommon for them to marry young impregnate the missus and carry on with their preferred form of fornication.

After reading the interview below, it does cast a very different perspective on what happened and it is not as the media played it up necessarily.

Now bear in mind, the "policeman" was not necessarily a national. There is usually an assumption that just because someone is wearing the national dress they must be a local. Well it certainly is not true and you have overzealous non-Emirati Arabs doing it all the time. Only those who have lived there long enough or worked with these types regularly can tell the difference (just like tourists or expats will not be able to readily PRCs or Malaysian Chinese or Indonesian Chinese from local singkies). Other than Saudi Arabia and Yemen, none of the Gulf States have sufficient numbers to make up the forces they need and they import these from neighbouring Arab states who then take it upon themselves to be guardians of morality. The locals very rarely bother about such matters. I am willing to go as far as to guess than this policeman was either Egyptian or Sudanese. Sheer bad luck for these two but they are lucky to have gotten out just as quickly being they are not related to anyone significant. Really a case of wrong place at the wrong time. And it could happen to anyone whether you are a visitor or working there on the ground. The locals rule but they tend not to be abusive - its the self-righteous masquerading as local types that are the real assholes.

ScreenShot2017-09-01at9.55.24PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-01at9.55.33PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-01at9.55.45PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-01at9.55.55PM.png

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been to Abu Dhabi and I have seen effeminate Filipinos in particular going about their business but are cautious of how they they dress. This duo may not have done the full female regalia but must have done something ( maybe mannerism) that attracted enough attention. In this report the earrings are missing. In previous reports the family said that he was detained for wearing earrings. It boggles the mind that one policeman plus those in station and in the second station went out of their way to fix these 2.

What I do understand is the need by these two to down play any manifestation of crossdressing or behaving like a female to avoid any further recrimination. I have seen photos of him with feminine accessories and top.

Lets face it, the Caucasians get away a lot in UAE when their diplomats step in but the Asians do not get the leeway as politically they do not need us except to run their labour camps.

You were very hasty is squarely laying the blame on them - something was very fishy about this story in particular the speed at which they were sentenced. I did check in with some significant contacts on the ground and they were really shocked this has happened because there are plenty of effeminate Arabs from neighbouring states who descend upon the UAE and nobody really bothers because its not really a big issue (as long as they are not bonking publicly). It is not uncommon for them to marry young impregnate the missus and carry on with their preferred form of fornication.

After reading the interview below, it does cast a very different perspective on what happened and it is not as the media played it up necessarily.

Now bear in mind, the "policeman" was not necessarily a national. There is usually an assumption that just because someone is wearing the national dress they must be a local. Well it certainly is not true and you have overzealous non-Emirati Arabs doing it all the time. Only those who have lived there long enough or worked with these types regularly can tell the difference (just like tourists or expats will not be able to readily PRCs or Malaysian Chinese or Indonesian Chinese from local singkies). Other than Saudi Arabia and Yemen, none of the Gulf States have sufficient numbers to make up the forces they need and they import these from neighbouring Arab states who then take it upon themselves to be guardians of morality. The locals very rarely bother about such matters. I am willing to go as far as to guess than this policeman was either Egyptian or Sudanese. Sheer bad luck for these two but they are lucky to have gotten out just as quickly being they are not related to anyone significant. Really a case of wrong place at the wrong time. And it could happen to anyone whether you are a visitor or working there on the ground. The locals rule but they tend not to be abusive - its the self-righteous masquerading as local types that are the real assholes.

ScreenShot2017-09-01at9.55.24PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-01at9.55.33PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-01at9.55.45PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-01at9.55.55PM.png

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been to Abu Dhabi and I have seen effeminate Filipinos in particular going about their business but are cautious of how they they dress. This duo may not have done the full female regalia but must have done something ( maybe mannerism) that attracted enough attention. In this report the earrings are missing. In previous reports the family said that he was detained for wearing earrings. It boggles the mind that one policeman plus those in station and in the second station went out of their way to fix these 2.

What I do understand is the need by these two to down play any manifestation of crossdressing or behaving like a female to avoid any further recrimination. I have seen photos of him with feminine accessories and top.

Lets face it, the Caucasians get away a lot in UAE when their diplomats step in but the Asians do not get the leeway as politically they do not need us except to run their labour camps.

Like I said something just did not add up and even those I know were surprised - it is August and a slow month - and since they did not speak Arabic we wont ever know what was said between them. Sin-ga-fora does not mean much to the average Gulf Arab much to the consternation of proud singkies.

As for white people, its fair to say its the same everywhere.

P.S. Malays tend to be mistaken for Filipinos and the ones I have met always grumble about that - dingbats think that just because they profess the same faith they are automatically granted some kind of mutual recognition...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
My point is that as Malays being Muslims should be more aware of that part of the Muslim World where conservative practices are quite the norm. Not sure if they had been misled by the dichotomous glitter present at the same time.

I do agree that language and legal practices are difficult issues in that part of World and can cause misunderstanding but it that Policeman and subsequently his colleagues must have seen something that was a concern. My understanding is that UAE exercises tolerance when it comes to certain locations though it may be a matter of a few degrees but Yas Mall tend to be in that zone of tolerance.

Agree on the Whites, sad but true.

Like I said something just did not add up and even those I know were surprised - it is August and a slow month - and since they did not speak Arabic we wont ever know what was said between them. Sin-ga-fora does not mean much to the average Gulf Arab much to the consternation of proud singkies.

As for white people, its fair to say its the same everywhere.

P.S. Malays tend to be mistaken for Filipinos and the ones I have met always grumble about that - dingbats think that just because they profess the same faith they are automatically granted some kind of mutual recognition...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
UAE got no bapoks ?

They all covered up...how to tell one bapok from the 'real thing'...?? They were in UAA for business...what kind of 'business'.?? Near where I live, we have a resident BAPOK...who sometimes dress like a woman, other times...just normal wear, walking around with mascara & MAN WITH BREASTS...& a deep voice...

One day I was near to a children playground, this Man/WoMAN/IT?..gelek, gelek, by, this group of Malay kids...shouted, " BAPOK, BAPOK, BAPOK"...the Malay Bapok gelek even more... ha ha ha ha