• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2 free slices of Salmon Sashimi this Good Friday 19 Apr 2019 by telling us "Jesus Died for My Sins"

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
ulRIvSY.png

http://tinyurI.com/y2tnzp6a

PAP

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Bible, The Quran and all those religious scriptures, whether Jewish, Buddhism, Hinduism sounds more and more fictional in our digital and scientific age. Seriously, does it make any sense for God to send his Son to die for sins of humans so that we can be granted forgiveness? Why can't God just say, believe in me and do good to all humans, irrespective of creed, language, colour, religions etc, and thou shall be forgiven. Doesn't this make more sense than having individualistic divisive faith and cause acrimonious relationships amongst humans?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Bible, The Quran and all those religious scriptures, whether Jewish, Buddhism, Hinduism sounds more and more fictional in our digital and scientific age. Seriously, does it make any sense for God to send his Son to die for sins of humans so that we can be granted forgiveness? Why can't God just say, believe in me and do good to all humans, irrespective of creed, language, colour, religions etc, and thou shall be forgiven. Doesn't this make more sense than having individualistic divisive faith and cause acrimonious relationships amongst humans?

You are going to hurt the feelings of the PAP supporters, many of whom are churchgoers. :wink:

PAP

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are going to hurt the feelings of the PAP supporters, many of whom are churchgoers. :wink:
I haven't insulted anyone. I am just airing my personal viewpoint on religion. The PAP has done well in managing different religious sectorial interests and I am certainly glad that it has the foresight to pass the Maintenance of Religious Harmony Act.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, they all started as folklore, telling tall tales around a fire, so how to make sense of my uncle's (think in Hokkien) story? People can choose to believe in Santa Claus, tooth fairy. What's to stop someone with enought time and effort from making it a religion?

Reactions: PAP

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think that is the message God wanted to convey but it got lost in translation.
For example, where do priests and clerics come from? You can seek guidance from God directly. No need to go through brokers priests and clerics. These are the guys who corrupt the messages and harmony for personal gain.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, they all started as folklore, telling tall tales around a fire, so how to make sense of my uncle's (think in Hokkien) story? People can choose to believe in Santa Claus, tooth fairy. What's to stop someone with enought time and effort from making it a religion?
Nowadays they create ideologies.equally devastating.

Reactions: PAP

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We don't need religion ...all we need is the PAP. Believe in the PAP with total faith and we will have a good life and an audience with LKY in the after life. Hallelujah PAP.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think that is the message God wanted to convey but it got lost in translation.
For example, where do priests and clerics come from? You can seek guidance from God directly. No need to go through brokers priests and clerics. These are the guys who corrupt the messages and harmony for personal gain.

Cut out the middlemen and the world will become a more peaceful place for everyone; including the Atheists!