• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

15 bouncers arrested after St James brawl which left man in ICU

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you know a bouncer name Robert...around 6 ft...1 punch knockout doesn't matter ang moh US marine....from the 70's...last i heard he was security chief for a hotel in the 90's.

Another bouncer friend unlucky, send someone to coffin with just 1 punch was charge with man slaughter name M.H in the 80's, silver star niteclub boss try his best to get the charge against M.H drop, did not work out, visit him before his release at seletar....nice guy.......:smile:.

Bouncer job is to stop or break up fight and not beat up the patrons, most ss do give faces to bouncers and not cause problem.

Bouncers of old really can fight, most have compete in international martial art competition in Taiwan where broken arms and legs are normal.

Not familiar with Robert chap you mentioned. When it comes to flooring ang mos, I think Sa Bee is well-known. Silver Star at Kim Seng?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard most of the bouncers with heavy tattoos come from Highpoint lorong 23 Geylang , a friend of mind knows the Director Joshua Tan who has good connections with discos nightclubs sending the ex prisoners there . They are supposed to have rehabilitated after few months stay at Highpoint . Most of the trainers also ex convicts so they can connect better with them . Public donations also help them a lot since they don't work during "rehabilitation" programme . After morning service ,eat then go back barracks to rest so very difficult to find suitable jobs except bouncers .

Last time I used to donate to this yellow ribbon place but an incident at the Singapore Badminton Hall changed my view about Highpoint , a waste of my donation.

Correct me if I wrong....
I though highpoint was halfway house for drug addicts.
Also bouncers are considered as security staff? If just release from prison within 6 months or 1 year cannot pass CID security screening

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>Not familiar with Robert chap you mentioned. When it comes to flooring ang mos, I think Sa Bee is well-known. Silver Star at Kim Seng? <<

Yes, kim Seng, the boss is hainan.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bert won quiet a few champ titles gentle giant, same as his bro Joe pretty good fighter too with a few title under his belt too fight under the same association.....:smile:

Met Bert and saw him in action in Dai-Ichi when there was a karaoke joint at the basement (touted as the first karaoke joint in sinkieland) where he gently lifted few of the ah sia kias out of the hotel so that they could continue their action outside the hotel and later, many respected him and adopted the "gua kow kong" method but never inside the hotel.
After that particular competition, he seldom took part as most opponents heard about it and avoided him.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Correct, his son was in the 1st batch of NS commando, Ban Chuan coffee house was also run by Wee family back in the 70's, and the bar beside cathay was run by the youngest Wee, Vicent....:smile:

Family stayed at Bukit Timah area if I recall rightly. Greenwood area. They were also into the electronics biz?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not familiar with Robert chap you mentioned. When it comes to flooring ang mos, I think Sa Bee is well-known. Silver Star at Kim Seng?

This Robert / gentle giant had his fair share in flooring shipping crew angmos esp at harbour lounge in Dai-Ichi and was rather a low-key guy.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Family stayed at Bukit Timah area if I recall rightly. Greenwood area. They were also into the electronics biz?

The 2nd bro was the main guy for Akai, my dad and their granddad goes way back ....but me never bother with rich folk, they are not my cup of tea.....:smile:

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Met Bert and saw him in action in Dai-Ichi when there was a karaoke joint at the basement (touted as the first karaoke joint in sinkieland) where he gently lifted few of the ah sia kias out of the hotel so that they could continue their action outside the hotel and later, many respected him and adopted the "gua kow kong" method but never inside the hotel.
After that particular competition, he seldom took part as most opponents heard about it and avoided him.

He is my senior.......:smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard most of the bouncers with heavy tattoos come from Highpoint lorong 23 Geylang , a friend of mind knows the Director Joshua Tan who has good connections with discos nightclubs sending the ex prisoners there . They are supposed to have rehabilitated after few months stay at Highpoint . Most of the trainers also ex convicts so they can connect better with them . Public donations also help them a lot since they don't work during "rehabilitation" programme . After morning service ,eat then go back barracks to rest so very difficult to find suitable jobs except bouncers .

Last time I used to donate to this yellow ribbon place but an incident at the Singapore Badminton Hall changed my view about Highpoint , a waste of my donation.

The problem is that some ppl assume being a gangster automatically means good fighter. That's not it. Key word is gang in gangster. They will be brave in a gang like most ppl. what is most likely for a gangster especially sg gangster is an uncouth, lowly educated, quick to use violence in big numbers type of low life.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is that some ppl assume being a gangster automatically means good fighter. That's not it. Key word is gang in gangster. They will be brave in a gang like most ppl. what is most likely for a gangster especially sg gangster is an uncouth, lowly educated, quick to use violence in big numbers type of low life.

lee-kuan-yew.gif

You mean this gangster.