• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

133K reached liao in less than 2 weeks by uncle leong

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So nice every year we give arse loong money,and every year nothing has changed in the last ten years.activists continued getting sued into oblivion,exiled or quit....but we keep funding these jokers to continue the circus show,alternative sites site after site gets shut down.....wp is a shell of its former glory....its reputation worst than Michael Jackson after being accused of child molestation multiple times....opposition movement more or less dead after 2016,2017....spirit broken.

I can almost imagine ho jinx and loong laughing themselves to sleep every night....it's almost like the government knows they can do whatever they want as long as they find the reason or come up with the excuse to....the sheep will swallow it,the sychopants will spread the heresy and the 30 percent will bend over and spread those butt cheeks.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
A piece of shit who thinks he's as competent as his daddy, who thinks he's entitled to the throne on which he has been sitting comfortably on since 2004. :cool:

He will donate the money to charity to virtue signal about how little he cares for the money, and what a generous person he is. Those 61% fuckwits will lap it up. :biggrin:
The moment he announced he will donate the money, even more people will be cursing and pissed off because thousands pooled the money from their own meagre savings. If he really was serious about not enriching himself, he could have requested the judge to give him the minimum token of $1 and at least win a semblance of a moral victory.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The moment he announced he will donate the money, even more people will be cursing and pissed off because thousands pooled the money from their own meagre savings. If he really was serious about not enriching himself, he could have requested the judge to give him the minimum token of $1 and at least win a semblance of a moral victory.

I disagree,by donating the money will make his moral victory even more moral.

Last edited:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
So despite earning 2 million bucks a year the population has to further contribute to LHL's bulging coffers??

What sort of PM do you have in that sorry country?
KNN my uncle think there is a leemit to suing else every year he just need to play suing game and get a few hundreds of K as extra pocket money KNN

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very poetic style of writing, great reading... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So nice every year we give arse loong money,and every year nothing has changed in the last ten years.activists continued getting sued into oblivion,exiled or quit....but we keep funding these jokers to continue the circus show,alternative sites site after site gets shut down.....wp is a shell of its former glory....its reputation worst than Michael Jackson after being accused of child molestation multiple times....opposition movement more or less dead after 2016,2017....spirit broken.

I can almost imagine ho jinx and loong laughing themselves to sleep every night....it's almost like the government knows they can do whatever they want as long as they find the reason or come up with the excuse to....the sheep will swallow it,the sychopants will spread the heresy and the 30 percent will bend over and spread those butt cheeks.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is not our NSFed commander in chief anymore.... SAF chief shd intervene...

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So despite earning 2 million bucks a year the population has to further contribute to LHL's bulging coffers??

What sort of PM do you have in that sorry country?

The most gracious and benevolent one,by sueing the detractors and defamers a million dollars until teng kor,rather than sending them to jail or facing capital punishment,he is showing that he rules with an iron fist but with a soft heart.....if people like Leong hze Sian are willing to go to prison,he might be seen as a martyr,a rebel or worse a freedom fighter like Nelson Mandela, making people sympathetic and drawing them to the cause and even inciting extremist activity.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://singaporenewsnetwork.com/ma...ong-sze-hian-hits-133000-crowdfunding-target/

The internet was set abuzz yesterday when blogger Leong Sze Hian announced that he has raised enough money to pay off the damages he owes Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong for defaming him. Singapore’s mainstream media outlets, however, have yet to cover this major development.

The Straits Times, Channel NewsAsia and TODAY were among the first to report that Mr Lee had initiated a lawsuit against Mr Leong last year. Mr Lee had filed a defamation claim against Mr Leong for sharing an article that linked PM Lee to the 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) corruption scandal.

The article, which was not written by Mr Leong nor published on a platform he is affiliated with, was shared by others including anti-Government blog States Times Review. Mr Leong was the only person who was sued and the court ruled that Mr Leong “published” the article since it was part of his public Facebook post, included a hyperlink and was made accessible to others online.

While Mr Leong’s defense sought damages as low as S$1, PM Lee asked for damages in line with a previous lawsuit involving blogger Roy Ngerng, in which he was awarded damages of $150,000.

On 24 Mar, the High Court ordered Mr Leong to pay Mr Lee $133,000 in damages. The Straits Times, Channel NewsAsia and TODAY covered the outcome and published detailed reports of the trial proceedings.

Mr Leong said that he is possibly the very first person in the world who was successfully sued for sharing a Facebook post and expressed disappointment at the outcome. In just a week and a half, however, Singaporeans donated enough money for Mr Leong to pay off the sum he owes to the PM in full.

On Easter Sunday (4 April), Mr Leong updated his followers on Facebook: “It is finished. All paid for.” He also expressed his gratitude to his fellow citizens who rallied around him and helped him hit his crowdfunding target.

Prominent international publications like Reuters and Bloomberg have covered Mr Leong’s impressive feat but the Straits Times, Channel NewsAsia and TODAY have all remained silent even though the news broke almost 24 hours ago.

This is not the first time Singapore Press Holdings-owned (SPH) Straits Times and Mediacorp-owned Channel NewsAsia and TODAY have neglected to cover developments that may not be complimentary to the establishment.

Such instances have raised questions on mainstream media’s editorial independence, especially given the close ties between the Government and these media organisations which are often perceived to be the “mouthpiece of the Government”.

A US diplomatic cable leaked by WikiLeaks several years ago caused a stir after it quoted former ST bureau chief for the US as saying that SPH’s “editors have all been groomed as pro-government supporters and are careful to ensure that reporting of local events adheres closely to the official line”.

Interestingly, Warren Fernandez – editor-in-chief of SPH’s English, Malay and Tamil Media Group – has spoken about how Singapore’s media need room to operate to remain credible.

Mr Fernandez, who was once shortlisted as a ruling party candidate, acknowledged in a 2019 forum: “The Government engages us and we engage them, and we have debates all the time. But I think everyone recognises that the media need room to operate, so that we can be credible. If we lose credibility, it’s in no one’s interests.”

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
This start the downfall of PAPigs , ppl are angry n not happy with how things run, esp during the handling of covid situation

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
After this ....the gahmen will come out with a law that prohibits the collection of monies from the public for "criminal" cases . Just you watch this space.....

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now Pinky will fix this problem....pass a law to ban all crowd funding for legal matters.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They're propagandists, not journalists. They only cover a news story if they're instructed to do so. :wink:

Repeat after me: totalitarian shithole.

When Lee Hsien Loong dies, I will pop a champagne. I predict there won't be a massive outpouring of condolences similar to LKY's death in 2015. :cool:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is very easy for the gahmen....just push through the parliament with the full mandate given to them.
Like i said, he can try. He will then be removed from being a Prime Minister. I am not referring to how easy or difficult it is to implement anything in the parliament. I am saying if he do it, he will eventually be removed as being a Prime minister and the rest of the ministers who support it.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like i said, he can try. He will then be removed from being a Prime Minister. I am not referring to how easy or difficult it is to implement anything in the parliament. I am saying if he do it, he will eventually be removed as being a Prime minister and the rest of the ministers who support it.

Which dog will dare to remove it's master ?

They have manipulated TCB out of being the most likely president with the race card....they will scheme something up. Pinky and company is very vindictive since LKY days and they will want to fix the opposition or any dissent.