• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

100kg stingray caught at Pasir Ris

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal
To my surprise, he counter-offered the guy $100 and asked for the fish to be released back to the sea, which I am glad they did.

m&d usually brings the fish home, or just let it die at the shore. It's their common belief that releasing will spoil their chance of hooking fish again. (That's what some of them told me.)

The worst is localised tiong. If you let them know a good spot, they will be there 24/7 to get anything big and small, till they are sure that there are not a single living thing left in the water.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think lee kuan yew has been recycle into a stingray and that malay boys are so cruel to kill that fish

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When Ah RUN was young, he went for several fishing trips and the biggest fish that he witnessed being caught was a marlin near Tioman seas.

Here's why RUN is sharing the above article. On his last trip. RUN saw a big mother stingray struggling after being caught.
When the stingray was almost brought onboard, the stingray suddenly gave birth to 3 baby stingrays. Apparently, the mother stingray knew her time was up, and forced herself to quickly induce the birth of her babies. The baby stingrays just pop out near the mother's tail area.

It was a touching scene, I remember that the angler promptly removed the hooks on board and released the mother and remaining babies back to the sea.

RUN is not a saint. I am not a vegetarian and i still take shark's fins but since then, i also not keen to go for anymore fishing trips.

Think about this ....
If you see a female mosquito laying eggs would you feel touch ? :wink: why not ? Because our brain have been condition to believe that certain animals deserve the right to live :wink: this is hypocrisy :wink:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
m&d usually brings the fish home, or just let it die at the shore. It's their common belief that releasing will spoil their chance of hooking fish again. (That's what some of them told me.)

The worst is localised tiong. If you let them know a good spot, they will be there 24/7 to get anything big and small, till they are sure that there are not a single living thing left in the water.

There's 2 types of fisherman . Recreational fishing, also called sport fishing, is fishing for pleasure or competition. Those types will released the fish to the sea . another type which is fishing for profit, or for their own stomach Those type will bring the fish back .

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As an avid angler I practice catch and release especially if its juvenile fish. But kim bak lors, groupers, red snappers must bring back home to cook.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think about this ....
If you see a female mosquito laying eggs would you feel touch ? :wink: why not ? Because our brain have been condition to believe that certain animals deserve the right to live :wink: this is hypocrisy :wink:

Outstanding Tuayapeh,
You not only think outside the box, you take away the box
you are so enlightened
Ah RUN is a fan

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't use peta website to justify animals rights . PETA organization is bullshit !! They are just good at marketing and collecting donation like all religions :wink:

When Ah RUN was a soldier during weekend duty, the DOS found a little of new born puppies in army vehicle shed.
Immediately, we scrambled to find a box for the puppies and gave our indented lunch for the mother dog to makan.

Then RUN made contact with SPCA, thinking that they had good ways to help the newborns.
SPCA told us to call their subcontractors, who were super money face.
on the phone, subcontractors told us to pay them money to bring to SPCA.
When RUN and pals agreed to pay out of our own pockets and the subcontractors told us that SPCA would just hold the puppies for a short while before putting them to sleep

Chaocheebye SPCA chao your fahter mother and children Cheebye SPCA
you more interested in money and still wanted to eventually put these puppies to sleep
In the end, we did not give them to SPCA
We spent the next few days giving the puppies soft-food from our meals and took care of them until they fended for themselves.
very warm, I know pals who even brought paper boxes and newspaper to keep the pups warm in cold nights
I guess we were also lonely in camp, and the dogs kept us happy.

They were still in my camp until i ORD
Did we do the right thing? Maybe not 100% because we added a few doggies in camp
but life is so, whatever we do is wrong.
At least, we choose one a path that was less wrong.

Looking back, I think that SPCA should have been more enterprising
I don't mind people make money or greedy,
but just dun pretend to be a saint when you are not
back then, SPCA should have asked for kickbacks from these contractors for being appointed as authorized contractors.