• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$1000 Flat- The Math

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Statistics has revealed that the low income earners wages has remain stagnant over the years, middle income earners wages has lag behind despite strong economic growth.

last noted that the bottom 10% saw their household income rose some 14% over the last decade whilst the top 10% saw their income rose by some 75% over the last decade.

inflation over the last decade can easily erode what ever income increment for the lower rungs... scary...

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on pappies "tomorrow will always be better" assumption, rightfully when sinkies get older, his rate of pay increase should rise.
Why? Because as he gets older, his CPF contribution decreases. So he needs to earn more to cover the loss
of the CPF. And if they have children, they will need to earn more as their children will need spend more as they gets older.
But the hard truth in spore is, as you gets older, it becomes harder and harder to get a job if you are retrenched.
Most likely may have to endure pay cut due to Minister cheaper, better and faster theory and the preception that old is expensive and useless.
Unless steps is done to curb age discrimination, the probability of sinkies defaulting on HDB monthly payment will only increase and increase.
In summary, sinkies who took up many years of HDB loan are living in a time bomb.
This is akin to buying a high risk stock using your life savings.
Once a recession kicks in, we may see many jumping down from the windows of their flats.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Once a recession kicks in, we may see many jumping down from the windows of their flats.

with Mr Jasni's case highlighted by the media recently, me reckoned that the wife could have been working previously, and having secured the 99 year pigeon hole, she would be able to resume work.

coupled with the recent changes to the financial assistance scheme in schools, as long as their household income doesn't hit 2.5K, their children can benefit.

only hope that they can secure their busaries or scholarships to break out of their current financial state, or more assistance is provided to this family to make sure that they don't fail :eek::eek::eek:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
40,000 for a flat no good?
If its no good, then these BTO flats will have no takers. Don't you agree?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
then me beg you to be more specific in post 65 of yours. it's rather misleading :o:o:o

if you have been following the thread, it won't be misleading at all. Why join in the debate when you don't bother to follow the thread.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
if you have been following the thread, it won't be misleading at all. Why join in the debate when you don't bother to follow the thread.

but of course, if you looked at post 2 of mine, me have been following very closely. until your post 65, so misleading...

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read your post no.2 post the first time i came across this thread. It didn't not deal with the 40k sum.

So what do you advocate bro? 40k flat still no good?

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read your post no.2 post the first time i came across this thread. It didn't not deal with the 40k sum.

why should some pay 40k for a 2 room and others pay 400k for 2 more rooms for 4 room .... ?

the poor should pay the same as every1 and stop sucking $$$ because they are too lazy to improve.... if you keep subsidising they will only be glad to stay where they are

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
You complain 40k is too little, Zhizau complains its too high. Now who to believe?

Frankly I also very jealous they can pay so little and stand to gain so much, but what to do? We are becoming a welfare state.

In all, this 40k flat thing is a steal. They will be snapped up with no problem at all. If its really so bad, would ppl take it? If they think its bad like Zhizau does then what does he propose?

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

me reading post 1 and the example was set on a SGD$100,000.00 flat.

me did my calculations on which how much a person could save after paying for that flat.

it's pretty obvious it didn't deal with any SGD40,000.00 flat. that was the premise me was asking you where on earth did you find the SGD$40,000.00 flat.

what do me advocate? me beseech you to make your statements clearer or me would be confused by you.

SGD40,000.00 flat? now where is it?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
You complain 40k is too little, Zhizau complains its too high. Now who to believe?

Frankly I also very jealous they can pay so little and stand to gain so much, but what to do? We are becoming a welfare state.

In all, this 40k flat thing is a steal. They will be snapped up with no problem at all. If its really so bad, would ppl take it? If they think its bad like Zhizau does then what does he propose?

don't put words in my mouth.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal

since when must every1 have the same idea....

interestingly it s everytime where I voice a different opinion, that i get called clone,. but when I parrot others, then I am not a clone

look at this

http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?140-The-Political-Compass-Please-take-the-test/page3
zhihau is Economic Left/Right: 0.62
I am Economic Left/Right: 8.88

leftist will always complain too exp... you give them free, they also will complain...

the best judge is to look at what buyers are willing to pay in the mkt, not what they say, they will just forever complain too exp...
but not too exp to pay

me reading post 1 and the example was set on a SGD$100,000.00 flat.

me did my calculations on which how much a person could save after paying for that flat.

it's pretty obvious it didn't deal with any SGD40,000.00 flat. that was the premise me was asking you where on earth did you find the SGD$40,000.00 flat.

what do me advocate? me beseech you to make your statements clearer or me would be confused by you.

SGD40,000.00 flat? now where is it?

the 60k is given as a separate subsidy.... whye should we give 60k to reward them for being low income earners? is this Meritocracy or vote buying??

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess you are right broco.
Zhizau will find something to complain about the govt even if its free cos he hates PAP.

So what does Zhizau propose to help the situation he painted in post no.2? Free flat? complain w/o solution like kid?