• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

100 resumes to companies but has remained unemployed for four years!

zmonster

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to the pinoy who got a job here and spent spent and spent.. they need an account manager to serve them :smile:
=================
Account Manager (Tagalog speaker)(Job Number: 111541)

Description

Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.

Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.

Behind the Visa brand are more than 5,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.

JOB SCOPE

This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying and resolving issues of moderate complexity. This position is at an intermediate professional level and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. This role works independently and receives minimal guidance.

RESPONSIBILITIES

Manage the day-to-day operational support and fulfilling service support needs of moderate complexity for assigned Visa client institutions
Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support and system enhancement support
Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives, and ensure processing system performance standards are met and that the client perspective is represented within the organization
Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a working knowledge of Visa products and VisaNet services
Play a critical role in proactively working with the customer to identify operational cost efficiencies, manage moderately complex assignments that are diverse in scope, and search out appropriate courses of action
Identify and analyze processing problem with customer impacts; communicate ongoing situation status and resolution; reports SLA performance as appropriate
Prepare and present monthly and/or quarterly production performance results

Qualifications

Bachelors' Degree in Business Administration (or related subjects)
Minimum 3-5 years of relevant working experience in a customer support role in software, financial or information services
Candidate must be able to read, write and speak native Tagalog language, in a professional business manner
Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving
Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels
Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently
Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information and apply it to business solutions
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am jobless as well....147 applications as from today and still out of work for 8 mths..so ashame as well end my life.....

hey boy,

please dont ever think of killing yourself.... your parents will be devastated
uncle here out of job for 5 years still alive,

a lot of things in life is possible, u just need balls to do it.....

why should u kill yourself? kill those motherfuckers who brought in the FTs to take away our rice bowls.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow how u guys survive being jobless so long? No need to pay house, car, utilities, maid, parents, wife, kids and others?!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i dunno about you guys but i do love to be without jobs. Attached too much to jobs gives you problems.

Last edited:

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow how u guys survive being jobless so long? No need to pay house, car, utilities, maid, parents, wife, kids and others?!

lucky wife still working, no car, kids will have to live with the barest minimum, spend all my savings during the 5 years, lucky lived hunbly during the good years if not sure die.....

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i am jobless as well....147 applications as from today and still out of work for 8 mths..so ashame as well end my life.....

do you have any experience working with animals ? love exotic animals ? interested to work oversea ? PM me .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There's a saying....never work with babies or animals :biggrin:

if i never work with animals ..im not where i am today ...:wink: dirty job but return is good ..because nobody wants to or know how to work with these beautiful animals ...

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U want sample from NUS grad? Ok...here you go :biggrin:

4,300 applications ... and still no job
Is it my race? Is it my gender? Or is it my arts degree?

Today
August 2, 2005

By Leena Sathiya
28, Jobless Graduate

SINCE April last year, I have sent out about 4,300 applications for a variety of jobs. I have received 17 responses.

I am an arts and social sciences graduate of the National University of Singapore. It has been 13 months since I have held a job, permanent or temporary, and it is not for lack of trying.

Apart from the 4,300 applications I have sent out, I have also registered with online job portals, recruitment agencies and bodies such as the Ministry of Manpower and the Workforce Development Agency.

Knowing that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I have kept my options open and am even prepared to take up contract or temporary positions.

I have also been realistic about remuneration, job location, benefits, etc. Yet, I have not been offered a single position.

Yes, I have been to some interviews and taken psychometric tests. But each time, I received letters of rejection, all of which seem to be to be worded the same way.

They say, for example: "We are impressed by your excellent credentials and academic qualifications but regret to inform you that we are unable to proceed further with your interest at this time."

They sometimes promise to contact me within six months should something "become available", but they never do.

And it is not as though I have no work experience. I worked for more than two years as a marketing executive at a training consultancy, a job I managed to get through family contacts.

A
Meanwhile, I have been forced to ask myself some questions when it comes to finding employment in Singapore: How much of a role do factors such as gender and race play in getting a job here?

I ask because there are still so many "non-customer service jobs" where applicants must be bilingual in English and Mandarin, when most Singaporeans seem to understand enough English to do business with one another.

It seems as if my Indian female friends who were in the course I took have resorted to entering the teaching profession after failing to find jobs in other industries.

Many of my Chinese friends have found jobs in the customer service, telecommunications, journalism or banking industries.

Recently, a friend told me that I had three strikes against me because I am Indian, female and an arts graduate.

I do hope that he is wrong.

It's odd that she mentioned that only her indian female friends. What about her male indian friends?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He looks like a typical useless sinkie that the PAP want to get rid of as soon as possible.

>His tight financial situation is cause for worry. His parents give him $10 at a time for necessities.>

I have to half agree with that 'useless' remark, he has a grandmother living with him, who is paying for her upkeep?, at 35 years old, his parents occassionally give him $10, he still have not 'flown the nest'....useless would be an apt word.:p

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dunno about you guys but i do love to be without jobs. Attached too much to jobs gives you problems.

CB kia tonychat,

you are nothing but an OKT living off your thai prostitute ladyboy wife's earnings. :oIo::oIo:

every1 here knows u are JOBLESS! btw, thai red/yellow party going to start again. more riots coming:biggrin:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like being unemployed because I can keep myself busy with reading and such, but if it stretches over a year I get crazy from the social isolation.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
And people like u can survive by?

i also have some friends who is unemployed but they are living comfortable..this kind of ppl usually know many ppl and have many friends ...and can get good lobang to make hit and run business ...when i say hit and run does not mean illegal business ( of course some of them into illegal bisiness ) . these kind of ppl are street smart ....

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this kind of ppl live by their saving ...once a while got good lobang to make money which can last them over a year ..better then working for ppl and also have their own time ..
i also have some friends who is unemployed but they are living comfortable..this kind of ppl usually know many ppl and have many friends ...and can get good lobang to make hit and run business ...when i say hit and run does not mean illegal business ( of course some of them into illegal bisiness ) . these kind of ppl are street smart ....

Last edited:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
And people like u can survive by?

buy smaller property and save like mad during employment. only spend $20 a day inclusive transport and food.

CPF can pay mortgage for 10 yrs without employment. $15k cash can last me a year without job while supporting my mother.

If I rent out master and common room and sleep in living room, can survive on rental alone. when CPF runs out in 10 yrs, can downgrade to some lousy Woodlands flat.

This is worst case scenario, I try to keep myself employed in the meantime.

Last edited: