• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

10 most disgusting food in the world

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in no particular order:

Rocky Mountain Oysters
This is one of those weird and freaky foods that can be found in the United States. Pretty strange, considering Americans have very boring food choices in terms of the interesting and unusual. Don't let the name of this food fool you, however! Rocky Mountain Oysters are not oysters at all. Instead they are deep-fried bull, buffalo, or boar testicles. Yummy!

79924_Main.jpg

Blood Pudding
Who invents this stuff, anyway? What would make someone decide to make blood pudding to begin with? Could it come from the days of cannibalism? Who knows, but in some areas of England, blood pudding is a likely item on the menu. Bon Appetit!

9vzczr6s.jpg

Maggot Cheese: also known as Casu Marzu
Even the very mention of the word maggot can induce a pale green hue on the faces of the weak-stomached. But, hey! Cheese is alright, isn't it? Hmmm...I suppose you're right. Cheese is not alright when combined with maggots. What was I thinking? Don't ask the same question to someone living in Sardinia, however, where this food is most commonly found.

casu_marzu.jpg

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fried Brain Sandwiches
When I first discovered the existence of this tasty treat on the web, I was immediately drawn to the description of this foods texture: slightly mushy. Ya think? When I eat brains, I expect them to be mushy! (Just kidding...I don't eat brains.) Just thought I'd see if you were paying attention, there. At one time fried brain sandwiches were a staple on a few menus in St.Louis, Missouri, of the US. In El Salvador and Mexico, beef brains are even used in tacos and burritos. "Yo Quiero Taco Bell"?

brainsandwich.jpg

Hakarl
Anthony Bourdain, known for eating some of the strangest foods in the world, claims that hakarl is the most disgusting thing he has ever eaten. Made by gutting a Greenland or Basking shark and then fermenting it for two to four months, hakarl is an Icelandic food that reeks with the smell of ammonia. It is available all year round in Icelandic stores and often served in cubes on toothpicks.

Hakarl.jpg

Sheeps Head
Why, people, why?? Some of these foods are a little harder for me to understand than others, and this would be one of them. Sheeps head? Maybe I'm having such a hard time with this one because of all the tiny and precious little lambs I've seen delicately sewn onto baby blankets? Or the cutesy nursery rhyme about the lamb following little Mary to school? (I gave a nod to 'Mary' in the sub-title above.) Guess they've never heard of Mary or her little lamb in the Meditteranean, where you are likely to find this dish on the menu. That is just so baa-aad.

smalahove.jpg

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Balut
It's a dead baby chicken or duck...nearly developed inside the egg. And someone, somewhere, said one day: 'Hey! I wanna eat that!' What?! Surprisingly, this food did not originate in Japan. I'll bet they would eat it in Japan, though! Actually, this charming little delicatessen is most often found in Cambodia, the Phillipines, and Vietnam. Don't count...er, eat your chickens before they hatch, eh?
balut.jpg

Baby Mice Wine
Baby mice wine is a traditional Chinese and Korean "health tonic," which apparently tastes like raw gasoline. Little mice, eyes still closed, are plucked from the embrace of their loving mothers and stuffed (while still alive) into a bottle of rice wine. They are left to ferment while their parents wring their tiny mouse paws in despair, tears drooping sadly from the tips of their whiskers.

micewine1.jpg

Lutefisk
Lutefisk is a traditional dish of the Nordic countries made from stockfish (air-dried whitefish) or dried/salted whitefish (klippfisk) and soda lye (lut). Its name literally means “lye fish”, because it is made using caustic lye soda derived from potash minerals. Because of the lye content, overcooking can cause the fish to turn to soap.

pr_lutefisk.jpg

Jellied Moose Nose
The ‘jelly’ part makes it sound sweet, like a clear jelly you spread on a nice thick slice of toasted sourdough. But jellied is how the moose nose is prepared, not jelly as in bread spread. This is, after all the cooking is done, a traditional and time-honored Alaskan dish of real sliced moose snout. White meat or dark?

The list could go on AND even more interestingly be drawn from the perspective of someone well outside the American diet. A non-American list of most disgusting “delicacies” would probably begin with the All-American hotdog and a bag of pork rinds: “A ghastly, but clever disguising of cast off animal parts that do nothing for your health or virility.”

Jellied-Moose-Nose-300x200.jpg

Potted Meat
This inexpensive so called meat product is a popular one in North America. You can find out the foulness of this product by just having a look at the ingredients list on the label. The ingredients are partially defatted cooked pork fatty tissue, mechanically separated chicken, beef tripe, partially defatted cooked beef fatty tissue and other artificial preservatives.

c13179df0c82.jpg

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BONUS

Human Placenta
Those who advocate placentophagy in humans, mostly in modern America and Europe, Mexico, Hawaii, China, and the Pacific Islands, believe that eating the placenta prevents postpartum depression and other pregnancy complications. A variety of recipes are known to exist for preparing placenta for eating in spite of the extended taboo against eating human body parts. Because a placenta is a temporary organ, it is considered by some to be excluded from the classification needed for cannibalism. Here is just one recipe I found on the Internet for placenta – it is a placenta cocktail: 1/4 cup raw placenta, 8oz V-8 juice, 2 ice cubes, 1/2 cup carrot. Blend at high speed for 10 seconds and drink. Or not.

350px-human_placenta_baby_side.jpg

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
2.1199360520.07_kho_phangan_4800.jpg

Fried maggot, caterpillar, grasshopper and some more I don't know what. Available in Thailand pasar malam.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not mean to classify the following as 'disgusting' at all. In fact, I hope it would help to explain why some foods we consider disgusting are eaten. Indeed, honey really is bee vomit.

[video=youtube;SJlO0aifJxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJlO0aifJxA[/video]

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Human Placenta
Those who advocate placentophagy in humans, mostly in modern America and Europe, Mexico, Hawaii, China, and the Pacific Islands, believe that eating the placenta prevents postpartum depression and other pregnancy complications. A variety of recipes are known to exist for preparing placenta for eating in spite of the extended taboo against eating human body parts. Because a placenta is a temporary organ, it is considered by some to be excluded from the classification needed for cannibalism. Here is just one recipe I found on the Internet for placenta – it is a placenta cocktail: 1/4 cup raw placenta, 8oz V-8 juice, 2 ice cubes, 1/2 cup carrot. Blend at high speed for 10 seconds and drink. Or not.

You should have include this in your thread title.

"Come in here only after your meal"

:biggrin:

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go Ah Tiong land where Guangzhou is at. Go to the shop next to hospital and get yourself a whole double boiled fetus.

jw5

Loyal
Last time in Farrer park hawker centre they used to sell goat's penis.

Dunno still have or not........................... :o

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Watch the rude bastard Gordon Ramsay try the balut in Cambodia.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qgiuBXT9LK4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>