• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$1.7k/Mth PRC Workers Kena Pay Cut Doo Lan & Openly Whack MOM!

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a joke !!

I have hired Locals at my foodcourts. As compared to Foreign workers, they are a real joke !! As if, I owe them a living like that, with attitudinal problems, lazy, etc etc. My foreign workers are much better !!:smile:

Please tell us where are your foodcourts. Are your work permits above boards? Now they will jail you if you lied in your FTs application.

By the way I hope your children will not get an employer like you for your sake.

Have you heard the saying "What goes around, comes around" Budha is watching you.

wanker10

Alfrescian
Loyal
These PRC work as construction worker. U think Sinkkie Polygrads willing to work the same? Under hot sun, climb up & down the storey building & with many safety hazards?

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please tell us where are your foodcourts. Are your work permits above boards? Now they will jail you if you lied in your FTs application.

By the way I hope your children will not get an employer like you for your sake.

Have you heard the saying "What goes around, comes around" Budha is watching you.

For your info, I treat my foreign workers very well. I always reward them for their hard and conscientious work for me. I do not ill treat them as you claim.:smile:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
These PRC work as construction worker. U think Sinkkie Polygrads willing to work the same? Under hot sun, climb up & down the storey building & with many safety hazards?

I do not see why not. 1st world cuntries like japan, canana, Usa, Oz and others hire their own people as construction workers. Put in place proper wages ane benefits, people will come and work for you.

You don't notice the singapore zoo meh? Alot of local people work there under hot sun and clean up sai. The zoo pay like shit but got overtime and some benefits.

You underestimate sinkees. Go an travel out more my friend.

wanker10

Alfrescian
Loyal
FYI, i do travel often. Back to the topic, i had tried to recruit locals as Engineer or A.Engineer but not many turn up for interview. Managed to get a few locals (fresh U Grads) but all throw in the towel after a few months citing can't take the harsh environment. They all prefer to join consultancy firm or developer or change industry. FYI, they are paid $2800pm for starting salary. As for poly grads, $2200pm.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
FYI, i do travel often. Back to the topic, i had tried to recruit locals as Engineer or A.Engineer but not many turn up for interview. Managed to get a few locals (fresh U Grads) but all throw in the towel after a few months citing can't take the harsh environment. They all prefer to join consultancy firm or developer or change industry. FYI, they are paid $2800pm for starting salary. As for poly grads, $2200pm.

But thats the thing. I gave you examples where there are people willing to do even dirty jobs at a migre salary because the law forced the employers to seach locally. Watch discovery channel dirty jobs with Mike Rowe. These very same jobs in the states will be made cheapen if 3rd world labour were to be brought in the states to do them. Their farmers now are paying the price for relying on mexicans for far too long.

The PAP have made it a culture here in making dirty,tiring back breaking jobs as low sub standard way of living therefore rewarding it as low as possible.

It is easy now to say that sinkees do not want these jobs, just like the farmers in the states. Well certainly it is more convenient to hire 3rd world (no choice) worker than to find the perfect sinkee for the job. The PAP have shot themselves in the foot by doing this.

That is why companies in US and Europe are more successful, because they go all out to find the right employee and reward them well.

wanker10

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed with you to pay well for those dirty/tough job to the locals. But the point is, these foreign workers were paid $1700 a month with only 2 off days a month. Working hours from 8am till at least 10pm every day (i'm very sure of the timing if not they won't hit $1700). How many locals can take it. The locals will prefer to put on ironed shirt & pant working in aircon environment selling stuffs like HP/but take home a much lower pay. And those locals i mentioned are those below 30's. Can't say much for the older locals cos they are usually the more hardworking people around.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not see why not. 1st world cuntries like japan, canana, Usa, Oz and others hire their own people as construction workers. Put in place proper wages ane benefits, people will come and work for you.

You don't notice the singapore zoo meh? Alot of local people work there under hot sun and clean up sai. The zoo pay like shit but got overtime and some benefits.

You underestimate sinkees. Go an travel out more my friend.

I agree. If you want locals to take on these menial and tough jobs, you gotta pay them a good amount. Otherwise, the story remains the same as it is; Singapore depends too much on foreign workers to do these jobs.

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps if Singaporeans are willing to work for 1700/mth, we will not need foreign workers.

The problem is that Singaporeans do not understand that every job is dignified. We have been conditioned in such a way that we don't just shun certain jobs, we actually despise those who perform them. The construction workers' working conditions are quite harsh (no weekends off) and yet they are only paid $1700pm.

In many developed countries, you will find it hard to get people working on weekends as everyone is entitled to spend time with their families. The solution is that every worker must be treated equally as fellow humans. They don't all need to be paid the same but everyone should be accorded dignity as the lowliest of jobs are important as well. There should be a minimum wage as everyone should be allowed to live decently. Importing foreigners is not the answer as it will create an over-reliance on the foreign workers and Singapore will become a hollow shell. We can't do much about MNCs moving jobs overseas (they will do this for any number of reasons anyway). To entice them to stay in Singapore by allowing them to hire huge numbers of foreigners does not necessarily mean this will create more jobs for Singaporeans (or at least more jobs of a significant quantity). If there are lesser MNCs, I think this may encourage more local entrepreneurs to pick up the work.

If we can achieve this, it will be easier to find local workers for these jobs and I can bet that there will be far fewer horrific cases of maid abuse.

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be forewarned that if any Singaporean confront any PRC dog, that PRC will suddenly bring out a knife and stab the Singaporean and said "We PRCs are not easily bullied!":mad:

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please refer to obvious answers of other replies in this thread. You really really disappoint me. Your intellectual capabilities are not commensurate to your combative attitude. This is not a good sign. Persistance along this direction with the hours spent on the internet indicates OCD. We may need to recommend you a psychologist.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please refer to obvious answers of other replies in this thread. You really really disappoint me. Your intellectual capabilities are not commensurate to your combative attitude. This is not a good sign. Persistance along this direction with the hours spent on the internet indicates OCD. We may need to recommend you a psychologist.

Don't like that say pple, pple just want to share and make this forum more lively. Who knows maybe he is one of sinky top 10 richest man who can afford 24/7 online and the rising electricity bills

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn these idiot was earning much more than many fresh dipolma grad. really foreign trash policy

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ah, lost already wanna use AyeAssDee to imprison your opponents in IMH, etc. No wonder u're being ptui at like your owners.