• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

☆ Barclays Premier League Season 2014-15 ☆

DiMaria

Alfrescian
Loyal

Neville scoffs at rumours of De Gea-Ramos swap and cash deal

23 June 2015

david-de-gea-cropped_14diz4fea76jo19di1hpdx7sqx.jpg

Gary Neville has warned former club Manchester United to think twice before offering goalkeeper David de Gea plus a big-money bid to lure Sergio Ramos away from Real Madrid.

The 29-year-old defender is being linked with a move to Old Trafford, although the decorated Spain international has seemingly played down the speculation.

As rumours of Ramos swapping Madrid for Manchester appear unlikely to go away any time soon, reported Real target De Gea has had United fans sweating, since he said earlier this month: "We'll see what happens with my future."

De Gea was last month crowned the club's player of the year in recognition for a stunning season that saw United reclaim a place in the UEFA Champions League.

A firm fans' favourite at Old Trafford, De Gea remains strongly linked with a return to his homeland after four years with the Premier League club, but Neville hopes United do not undervalue the young Spaniard.

The pundit posted on Twitter on Tuesday: "These reports saying 40m plus DDG for Ramos?? Please no! Nothing v Ramos but it can't be right."

Hazard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Man City arrange Melbourne City friendly in Queensland

24 June 2015

866488header.jpg

Manchester City will take on sister club Melbourne City in Australia in a friendly held over 1,700 kilometres from the latter's home ground.

With Manuel Pellegrini's side set to take on Roma and Real Madrid in the International Champions Cup (ICC) next month, City will warm up with friendlies against A-League clubs Adelaide United and Melbourne City during a training camp in Queensland.

But although City the elder's ICC commitments are in Melbourne, the Manchester-based club will play their namesakes on the Gold Coast in Queensland on July 18.

The distance between Gold Coast's Cbus Super Stadium, where the friendly will be held, and AAMI Park - the home of Melbourne City - is approximately 1,746km.

The match against Adelaide - also at Cbus Super Stadium - is set to be held behind closed doors three days earlier.

The City Football Group - which owns Manchester City, New York City, Yokohama F. Marinos and Melbourne City - purchased the last of that quartet in January 2014 when the A-League outfit was known as Melbourne Heart.

In Heart/City's five-year existence, the club has struggled to build their supporter base.

Missing out on the prospect of a high-profile friendly against a Premier League giant at home is unlikely to have impressed many at Melbourne City HQ.

Rodgers

Alfrescian
Loyal

Liverpool confirm Firmino signing

24 June 2015

866501header.jpg

Liverpool confirmed the signing of Roberto Firmino on Wednesday, with the Brazil international set to join from Hoffenheim.

Firmino will move to the Merseyside club subject to a medical, although the Premier League side have yet to reveal the length of his deal at Anfield, simply describing it as "a long-term contract".

The 23-year-old attacker played 33 matches for Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga last term, scoring seven goals.

Firmino will undergo his medical after Brazil's participation in the Copa America.

It has been reported that Firmino could cost anything from £25million to £30million, which would make him Liverpool's second most expensive player behind Andy Carroll.

Firmino, who was also linked with Manchester United, Arsenal and Zenit, has nine caps for his country and was on target in a 2-1 Copa victory over Venezuela on Sunday.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has also brought in James Milner, Danny Ings, Adam Bogdan and Joe Gomez since the end of a disappointing 2014/15 season.

Firmino joined Hoffenheim from Figueirense in December 2010 and enhanced his reputation in the 2013/14 campaign, scoring 22 goals in all competitions.

TonyPulis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Berahino likely to be fit for new season

24 June 2015

866600header.jpg

West Brom expect striker Saido Berahino to recover from a knee injury in time for the start of next season.

Berahino, who scored 14 Premier League goals last term and 20 in all competitions to trigger speculation of a big-money exit from The Hawthorns, was forced to pull out of England's squad for the UEFA Under-21 Championship last week.

But fears of a major lay-off have been eased following scans.

"Saido has got a ligamentous tear of his knee which does not require surgery but careful rehabilitation for up to four weeks," West Brom's performance director Dr Mark Gillett told the club's official website.

"We are grateful to the England medical staff for putting Saido's welfare first."

Albion head coach Tony Pulis was quizzed repeatedly on Berahino's future at the end of the 2014-15 campaign after being linked with the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool.

Pulis is realistic about the prospect of keeping hold of the 21-year-old, as he said ahead of the final game of the season at Arsenal: "If he plays well at this club then a top-four club might come in and West Brom will not stop him as long as the deal is right."

SamAllardyce

Alfrescian
Loyal

Drogba rules out Marseille return

24 June 2015

866631header.jpg

Didier Drogba has ruled out a return to Marseille because he does not expect the Ligue 1 side to be competing for trophies next season.

The Ivory Coast striker was released by Chelsea at the end of his contract after helping them claim a fourth Premier League title and win the League Cup.

Reports had suggested the 37-year-old could return to the Stade Velodrome to finish his career, but Drogba said he will not be joining Marcelo Bielsa's side.

"It's not a question of money. I like to have a project. And Marseille, which I know well, does not have a project," Drogba is quoted as telling Ivorian media by ESPN.

"They have sold their best players, whom they let go till the end of their contracts. I'm talking about Andre Ayew, Andre-Pierre Gignac ... and they'll lose more.

"I don't want to go to Marseille to just play. If I go somewhere, it's to win, and I want to win. The question has been coming up for 10 years.

"There have been times when I could have returned, but the timing wasn't right. And each time my name comes up when it's time to renew season tickets. I don't want people to use me for financial purposes."

Drogba left Marseille for his first spell at Chelsea in July 2004.

Pardew

Alfrescian
Loyal

Villa should sell Benteke if the bid is right, says Cascarino

24 June 2015

866718header.jpg

Tony Cascarino has urged Aston Villa to cash in on Christian Benteke if the Belgium international sees his future away from Villa Park.

Benteke made a miraculous return to form in the second half of the Premier League campaign after Tim Sherwood replaced Paul Lambert, the 24-year-old scoring 12 goals in 13 games.

His form since March helped fire Villa clear of relegation trouble and into the FA Cup final – a game they subsequently lost 4-0 to Arsenal.

A host of clubs across Europe – including Manchester United, Liverpool and Roma – have been linked with a move for Benteke and Cascarino believes Villa should sell if he is not committed to the club.

"You're fortunate to play for clubs like Villa and, I believe, if the player doesn't want to be there then you have to look elsewhere," the former Villa striker told the Express and Star.

"I don't like keeping players who don't want to play for you. I'm not convinced clubs are sure at £32million [Benteke's reported release clause].

"He came back after injury and looked a shadow of the player for six months, he looked nowhere near the Benteke that ripped teams apart and took on teams on his own at times.

"And then he got back into the fold once Tim [Sherwood] got the job and looked the Benteke of old. But that's only over a four-month period."

Fabregas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Leicester sign Stoke defender Huth

24 June 2015

866744header.jpg

Leicester City have completed the signing of Stoke City defender Robert Huth on a three-year deal.

The German moves for an undisclosed fee having enjoyed a successful 14-game spell on loan at the King Power Stadium during the 2014-15 season.

Huth was an integral part of a Leicester side who won six of their last nine matches to secure Premier League safety.

The 30-year-old took to Twitter to thank Stoke following his six-year stay at the club and spoke of his excitement of completing a full deal at Leicester.

"Stoke you have been sensational. Thanks for everything, I'll never forget it," the former Chelsea defender, who won two title at Stamford Bridge, wrote.

"Now the sexy football show rolls into Leicester!!"

Stoke's chief executive Tony Scholes also paid tribute to the centre-back, telling the club's official website: "Robert has been a fantastic player for the club and a real fans' favourite.

"He's played a major part in the club's progression over the last few years and we wish him all the very best for the future."

Huth started his Premier League career with Chelsea and won two Premier League titles during his time at Stamford Bridge.

A three-year spell at Middlesbrough followed, before he joined Stoke in August 2009.

In all, Huth made 188 first-team appearances for the Britannia Stadium club - helping Stoke become an established Premier League club and helping the team to the final of the 2011 FA Cup.