• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Serie A Season 2014-15 ║

Gomez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mandzukic ´on his way´ to Juve - Allegri

19 June 2015

864382header.jpg

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri has confirmed striker Mario Mandzukic is on the verge of joining from Atletico Madrid.

The Croatia international has been the subject of reports linking him with a move to Turin as Juve contemplate the potential exit of Carlos Tevez to Boca Juniors.

Allegri confirmed the former Bayern Munich man is close to sealing his move, but played down suggestions Mandzukic was a direct replacement for Tevez.

"We don't have to replace him [Tevez]. What we have to do is sign players and study the way they play," Allegri is quoted as telling Sky Sport Italia.

"Mandzukic is on his way and we have [Simone] Zaza [who the club have an option to repurchase from Sassuolo], [Kingsley] Coman, [Alvaro] Morata and [Paulo] Dybala, young players with a lot of quality.

"Mandzukic has scored everywhere he has played. He has a lot of personality and plays at international level. He'll do a good job.

"We signed him because he was the player we wanted. I'm really happy because that was our choice."

Mandzukic scored 20 goals in all competitions during his debut Atletico campaign, having ended a two-year spell at Bayern.

Michu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fiorentina agree deal to appoint Sousa

21 June 2015

865157header.jpg

Paulo Sousa will be presented as Fiorentina's new first-team coach on Monday after agreeing a deal to take over the Serie A side.

Fiorentina dismissed Vincenzo Montella earlier this month, citing a breakdown in trust after the ex-Italy striker was linked with Napoli and Milan.

Sousa then departed his role at Basel on Wednesday amid speculation he would succeed Montella - and his impending appointment was announced by Fiorentina on Sunday.

A club statement read: "ACF Fiorentina is delighted to announce that an agreement has today been reached with Mr. Paulo Sousa for him to become the new first-team coach of the Viola.

"Mr. Sousa will be in Florence tomorrow to complete the formalities.

"A news conference will be held at the Stadio Artemio Franchi tomorrow, Monday 22 June, at 19:00 [local time]."

Former Portugal midfielder Sousa played in Serie A for Juventus, Inter and Parma.

Prior to his solitary season in charge of Basel, where he won the Swiss Super League, he had taken charge of three clubs in the United Kingdom - QPR, Swansea City and Leicester City - in addition to Hungarian side Videoton and Maccabi Tel Aviv in Israel.

He will inherit a Fiorentina team that finished fourth in Serie A last term, securing a place in the UEFA Europa League.

Cavani

Alfrescian
Loyal

Inter confirm Kondogbia deal

21 June 2015

865447header.jpg

French midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia will leave Monaco for Inter after the Serie A club confirmed the transfer on Sunday.

Inter revealed the news via their official Twitter account, with Kondogbia pictured signing his contract.

The 22-year-old France international will arrive in Milan on Monday to undergo a medical, while he could be joined in black and blue by Atletico Madrid's Miranda next season, after the central defender confirmed he is in discussions with Inter.

Speaking after leading Brazil to a 2-1 victory over Venezuela at the 2015 Copa America, Miranda told Spor TV: "I do not know, there is a possibility, but there are responsible people, who are knowledgeable conducting this situation."

Kondogbia was tipped to join city rivals Milan after CEO Adriano Galliani claimed a deal worth €40million to sign the Frenchman was "all done".

However, Kondogbia will instead play for Roberto Mancini's side next season.

Kondogbia spent two seasons with Monaco, having arrived from UEFA Europa League champions Sevilla in 2013, and made 48 Ligue 1 appearances.

Klose

Alfrescian
Loyal

Parma set for bankruptcy and further demotion

22 June 2015

865614header.jpg

Parma are set to enter bankruptcy after it was confirmed that no buyers had been found for the beleaguered Italian club.

The price tag for the financially-stricken outfit, who were docked points on three separate occasions last season for failing to pay staff, was set at €22.6million last week.

But, after former MLB All-Star catcher Mike Piazza withdrew his interest in Parma, the Serie B outfit - relegated from Serie A in the previous campaign - appear set for further demotion.

It is expected that Parma will likely drop into Serie D - the highest tier of amateur football in Italy - following the announcement.

A Parma statement read: "The administrators of Parma FC, Dr. Angelo Anedda and Dr. Alberto Guion, communicated that as of 14.00 today, June 22 2015, no offers have been received for the sporting rights of the club.

"In the coming hours the administrators will meet with the creditor's committee and the bankruptcy judge Dr Pietro Rogato to make the necessary arrangements for the bankruptcy proceedings."

Ranocchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mandzukic confident of adapting to Italian game

22 June 2015

865792header.jpg

Mario Mandzukic is confident he will have no problems adapting to Italian football after sealing a move to Serie A champions Juventus.

Croatia striker Mandzukic completed a €19million move from Atletico Madrid on Monday.

The fee for the former Bayern Munich man will be paid in three instalments, with an initial payment of €7million in August to be followed by two subsequent €6m payments in 2016 and 2017.

Mandzukic scored 20 goals in all competitions for Atletico in his sole season with the Spanish club and sees no reason why he will not be able to excel with Massimiliano Allegri's beaten UEFA Champions League finalists.

"I'm happy to be at a big club like Juventus," Mandzukic told the club's official website. "I hope and I believe that the coach knows me well and can get the best out of me.

"I'm ready to do everything necessary for my team-mates. I've played against Juventus and Italy several times. I know them all very well, they're a very tough team with great quality.

"That's why I'm even more delighted that I too am part of this group now. I have nothing but the best to say about the team and the coach.

"I will try to slot in as quickly as possible, because as I've already said I know the players quite well. I've played against the team on several occasions, so I don't think it will be a big problem.

"This is my new team and I'll fight with everything I've got. I hope to score as many goals as possible.

"I know and I can see that it's a massive club with a huge fan base. So I'm very happy with this new challenge, I'm ready."

Cavani

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cavani´s agent quashes Milan link

23 June 2015

865964header.jpg

Edinson Cavani's agent has dismissed speculation linking his client with a move to Milan.

Cavani - on Copa America duty with Uruguay in Chile - helped Paris Saint-Germain to a third consecutive Ligue 1 title and a domestic treble last term, but that has not stopped persistent rumours of an exit.

A return to Italy, where he made his name for Palermo and Napoli prior to joining PSG in a big-money deal two years ago, has been touted, with Milan a possible destination.

But those rumours were quashed by Claudio Anellucci, who told Calciomercato: "I can't see any clubs in Italy who could pay the necessary figures for a player of the calibre of Cavani.

"Besides, Edinson was very clear about his future, he's happy in Paris and intends to stay at PSG. There's nothing more to add."

Cavani scored 31 goals in 53 matches in all competitions for PSG last season.

Mancini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Catania officials arrested over alleged match-fixing

23 June 2015

866077header.jpg

Seven people linked to Serie B outfit Catania have been arrested by Italian police over suspected match-fixing during last season.

Catania struggled on their return to the second tier of Italian football after dropping out of Serie A in 2013-14, and the arrests relate to matches alleged to have been fixed to ensure they avoided successive relegations.

At the end of the 42-game campaign, Catania finished 15th in the table, two points clear of being involved in any play-off matches and five off automatic relegation.

"Police executed seven arrest warrants against leaders of Catania who would buy a few games of the Serie B season that has just ended to allow the team to win and avoid relegation," a police statement read.

"The executives arrested are accused in various ways of fraud in sports competitions. There are further raids being carried out in Rome, Chieti, Campobasso and Catania."

Podolski

Alfrescian
Loyal

Podolski: Inter move a mistake

24 June 2015

866679header.jpg

Lukas Podolski is looking forward to forcing his way back into Arsenal's first team next season after a disappointing loan spell in Italy with Inter.

The World Cup winner only scored one goal during his six-month loan stint at San Siro – the winner in a 2-1 victory over Udinese in April.

It was a rare high point in a miserable move to Serie A, something Podolski is keen to put behind him as he tries to rebuild his career in the Premier League.

And he remains confident he still has plenty to offer to Arsene Wenger's side, a point he hopes to underlined in pre-season.

"English football is the one which best suits my style, but I know how suddenly everything can change," he told Bild.

"I have characteristics to help different teams, but it was a mistake to go to Inter with no redemption clauses.

"In football there are times when everything doesn't work out for the best. You're not always playing as a starter and you just have to accept the decisions and work on your own game.

"That's what I did, but now I'm looking forward. I've always felt comfortable [at Arsenal].

"With the fans, with the team and also with the manager. I'm going back to play, I have to say my qualities suit Arsenal."

Doumbia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Martinez to Atletico deal done - agent

23 June 2015

458181315-1435151410-800.jpg

Porto striker Jackson Martinez has completed his move to Atletico Madrid, his agent Luiz Henrique Pompeo has revealed.

The Colombia international - currently in action at the Copa America in Chile - had looked set to join Milan, with Premier League side Arsenal also apparently interested.

However, amid speculation of a bid from Atletico, Pompeo has stated the deal has been finalised, with the Spanish club having this week seen striker Mario Mandzukic head for Juventus.

"It was finalised today," Pompeo told AS on Tuesday.

"We want to thank Milan for their interest right up the end, we feel very honoured by it, but you can't be in two places at once.

"[Atletico is] a very big club, which has done important things in the league and in Europe. Jackson is going there to also achieve great things and to bring the best out of himself to become even better.

"That's his dream and he's very excited. He's really happy."

Martinez has netted 92 goals for Porto since moving from Chiapas, helping the club to the Primeira Liga title in 2012-13.

The 28-year-old has also topped the scoring charts in each of his three seasons at the Estadio do Dragao.

Inler

Alfrescian
Loyal

Reina completes Napoli return

23 June 2015

866256header.jpg

Goalkeeper Pepe Reina has returned to Napoli after agreeing a mutual termination of his contract at Bayern Munich.

The former Liverpool star made 43 appearances for the Serie A club on loan in 2013-14 before heading back to Anfield and promptly signing for Bayern.

However, the 32-year-old played only three games for the Bundesliga champions – and was sent off in his last appearance – as he served as back-up to Manuel Neuer.

As such, Bayern agreed to terminate his contract, with their deputy chairman Jan-Christian Dreesen paying tribute to the Spaniard.

"Pepe Reina has asked us to release him from his contract because at Napoli he has the chance to play on a regular basis," Dreesen said in a statement.

"In both a sporting and human sense, he was an excellent fit in our team, so we of course complied with his request.

"We wish Pepe and his family well for the future."

The Spain international will form part of Maurizio Sarri's squad at Stadio San Paolo, with the ex-Empoli coach taking over from Reina's former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez.

Benitez left Naples for Real Madrid earlier this month.

Gomez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Villa would welcome Pirlo move to New York

24 June 2015

866625header.jpg

David Villa is in the dark about whether Andrea Pirlo is poised to sign for New York City FC, but the former Spain international is no doubt that he would relish playing with the evergreen playmaker.

Pirlo is being heavily linked with a move to the MLS franchise and was pictured on Tuesday talking a stroll around the SoHo area of New York with his son.

The 36-year-old has a year left on his current contract at Juventus, who he helped win a fourth straight Serie A title last season as well as reach the UEFA Champions League final in Berlin.

"He [Pirlo] is a legend," said City striker Villa, who moved to America last year following a trophy-laden career in European football with Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Valencia and Real Zaragoza.

"[He is] A very important player for football and also for any footballer.

"I congratulate him on his successful career. I don't know [if he'll come]. If he comes we will welcome him well. But that doesn't depend on us."

Regardless of whether Pirlo relocates to New York, the arrival of Villa and Frank Lampard have added star quality to Jason Kreis' side, a point not lost on goalkeeper Akira Fitzgerald.

He said: "We'll have all these unbelievable players. It's just a real honour to be part of the club with them and I'm obviously really excited about it all. We'll see what happens."