• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ La Liga Season 2014-15 ║

Ancelotti

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jemez doubted Rayo future

23 May 2015

849142header.jpg

Rayo Vallecano coach Paco Jemez said he had serious doubts about his tenure in Madrid after extending his deal on Friday.

Jemez put an end to speculation surrounding his future by signing a one-year contract, keeping him at the club until the end of the 2015-16 La Liga season.

The 45-year-old, who took the reins in 2012, said the arduous process made him consider his future at Camp de Futbol de Vallecas.

"It has taken a little longer than we expected, but in the end the interest and understanding allowed us to unlock a difficult situation, very difficult," said via quotes published on Rayo's official website.

"The club has made an effort in many aspects and finally has come to an understanding. When an entity wants to reach an agreement it is reached at the end. The intention was to stay and has always been that.

"I doubted my future because you never know how far you can get with negotiations. True, it was a very close negotiations, but ultimately we have redirected. "

Rayo - 10th in the standings - end the season at home to Real Sociedad on Saturday.

Pique

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ancelotti will return to AC Milan if Real Madrid sack him - Berlusconi

carlo-ancelotti-silvio-berlusconi_1mbhb99w24fi31cao2xtdwrtop.jpg

By Peter McVitie
May 23, 2015 17:17:14

The Serie A side's owner has revealed the coach will come back to the club and replace Filippo Inzaghi if he is axed at the Bernabeu

Carlo Ancelotti will return to AC Milan this summer if he is sacked as Real Madrid boss, according to Silvio Berlusconi.

The Italian coach looks set to be sacked by the Santiago Bernabeu side after their last game of the season against Getafe on Saturday, and Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has said he is contact with him.

Ancelotti has long been linked with a return to the Rossoneri, where he won two European Cups as a player and a further two Champions League titles as coach.

Club president Berlusconi insists he would be delighted to welcome the 55-year-old back to Milan, currently coached by Filippo Inzaghi, should he find himself out of work this summer.

“I am not a fan of comebacks. We have had them in the past and they never worked,” Berlusconi said to Napoli TV.

“But I still have a strong personal friendship with Carletto. He will also have some personal assistants to help him.

“I think it will be a positive comeback. If Real Madrid let him go, then he will return to us.”

Milan take on Torino on Sunday in their penultimate Serie A game of the season.

Ancelotti

Alfrescian
Loyal

Illarramendi: Ancelotti hasn't said goodbye to Madrid players

carlo-ancelotti-in-2014_128kdhxitj6sf1gt138yvq841u.jpg

By Mark Doyle
May 24, 2015 18:55:09

The Italian is reportedly set to be dismissed in the coming days but the 25-year-old has revealed that the coach has said nothing about leaving the Santiago Bernabeu

Real Madrid midfielder Asier Illarramendi insists that coach Carlo Ancelotti has given the club's players no indication that he is to be sacked.

Ancelotti led the Blancos to Champions League glory last season but he is expected to be fired in the coming days, with the Spanish side having bowed out at the semi-final stage of this season's competition, as well as being beaten to the Liga title by Barcelona.

Ancelotti led Madrid to a 7-3 victory over Getafe on the final day of the Primera Division season on Saturday but it is believed that his future has already been decided, with club president Florentino Perez said to be ready to replace the Italian with Rafael Benitez, who is set to part company with current club Napoli.

However, Illarramendi says that that Ancelotti has not mentioned anything to the players about his reportedly imminent exit.

"He told us that he has felt really at ease with the whole team but he didn't say goodbye," the 25-year-old added.

"In principle he has a contract and if the club doesn't say anything, he'll stay.

"This year hasn't been very good but the previous year was."

Illarramendi also stated that Madrid were pleased to have finished their campaign on a high, with talismanic striker Cristiano Ronaldo having netted a hat-trick in their 7-3 rout of Getafe.

"It was a good way to see out the season in a pretty crazy match, but in the end we won and we're happy," he added.

"And the team is thankful to have a player who sets the standard like Cristiano Ronaldo."

MarceloVieira

Alfrescian
Loyal

Barcelona´s best better than Real´s - Luis Enrique

24 May 2015

849686header.jpg

Luis Enrique values Barcelona's La Liga success even more as it came ahead of what he believes was the best Real Madrid in recent years.

Barcelona celebrated their title triumph on Saturday, ending the league season two points clear of Real despite a 2-2 draw at home to Deportivo La Coruna on the final day.

While his team may yet add the UEFA Champions League and Copa del Rey titles to their collection, Luis Enrique talked up the importance of winning La Liga.

"It is the trophy that demonstrates what we have done during the whole season," he said.

"One cannot win a league without being the most regular. In our case with great numbers and showing a great level during the whole year.

"Obviously with better and worse moments, as it can't be other way, and, without any doubt, when one wins a league cannot say that his team has done a normal season.

"We have done a really good season, even better if we see that this has been the best Real Madrid of the last few years, and they have fought the league until the penultimate week, with clear options and always making things difficult for us.

"And that's maybe why we value [it] even more."

Barca still have two matches to go to finish the campaign, with the Copa final against Athletic Bilbao on May 30 to be followed by the Champions League final against Juventus on June 6.

A second treble at Camp Nou is on the cards, but Luis Enrique understands the difficulty of the challenges that lay ahead.

"We have for sure the same feeling that Athletic and Juventus players, for sure the same," he said.

"It's obvious that after this season, from which we only have two matches remaining, two finals, and on the way we arrive to them, it makes us to be optimistic.

"But the reality is that they are going to be two really difficult matches in which the supporters are going to be really important.

"And we are going to try to conquer two more titles for the club. Two more titles for the players and the supporters, and that's the goal.

"But without forgetting that is something the club has just conquered once in all its history, meaning that this is a difficult task to achieve."

Ancelotti

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ancelotti to take sabbatical if sacked by Real

23 May 2015

_83194005_ancelotti.jpg

Carlo Ancelotti plans to take a year-long break from football if he is sacked as Real Madrid coach and expects to learn his future in the coming days.

Real brought an end to their Liga campaign with a 7-3 battering of Getafe at the Santiago Bernabeu - Cristiano Ronaldo finishing the match with a hat-trick.

However, Ancelotti's future in the Spanish capital is under scrutiny after Real failed to the win the Liga, Copa del Rey or UEFA Champions League titles this term.

The Real faithful were vocal in their support of Ancelotti throughout the clash with Getafe, while Ronaldo took to Twitter after the game to voice his hope that the former Milan and Chelsea boss stays put.

And Ancelotti, who won a Champions League and Copa double last season, is hopeful of a third season in Spain.

"My future is clear, I am staying at Real Madrid or I will take a year off," Ancelotti told reporters.

"If the club tells me I'm not wanted, I won't be happy. But sackings are commonplace in my line of work.

"There's no hurry to sort anything. The club are considering what to do and I'm not in a hurry to leave.

"I have had no communication from the club yet. I will know my fate on Monday or Tuesday."

Ancelotti

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ancelotti laments key injuries in title failure

24 May 2015

849680header.jpg

Real Madrid's failures in La Liga and the UEFA Champions League are down to key absences in midfield, according to under-fire coach Carlo Ancelotti.

Ancelotti saw his side round off their season with a 7-3 destruction of Getafe on Saturday, but the campaign will not go down in the history books at the Santiago Bernabeu.

The league title looked Barcelona's ever since March's Camp Nou Clasico went their way, while Ancelotti's former employers Juventus ended Real's hopes of retaining the Champions League at the semi-final stage.

Luka Modric's absence since April saw Ancelotti opt to play defender Sergio Ramos in midfield against Juve, with Asier Illarramendi, Lucas Silva and Sami Khedira all overlooked.

But Ancelotti points to the turn of the year, when pre-season captures James Rodriguez and Toni Kroos were also sidelined as a key point in the season.

He said after the Getafe success: "I think we are going to meet next week to talk about both my future and Real Madrid's.

"The supporters have shown me all their support. The team played well which wasn't easy. We finish this season with 92 points, which is not bad but not enough.

"We have said many times this season, we had some players out in January and February. We had three important players injured in Kroos, Modric and James.

"In this period we lost points against Villarreal at home and after that in Bilbao."

Ancelotti

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ancelotti all but confirms Real exit

25 May 2015

850269header.jpg

Carlo Ancelotti appears to have confirmed that his Real Madrid tenure is over after revealing he requires surgery and plans to take a year off.

The 55-year-old is widely expected to end his two-year tenure at Santiago Bernabeu after failing to win a trophy this season.

Ancelotti has been linked with a return to Milan, with chief executive Adriano Galliani revealing that he was heading to Madrid to meet the Real coach.

However, the former Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea boss has spoken of his plans to take a break from the game for health reasons.

The Italian told Il Giornale: "I said it in the press conference and I repeat: I will stop for a year. Also because I have a very serious reason for stopping.

"I have to have an operation because of my cervical stenosis. For some time, it has been affecting my hands and if I lose any more time, it could pass into legs, so I have an appointment for surgery.

"And, frankly, I do not know how long I have to be physically stopped, in terms of the post-operative phase and the subsequent rehabilitation.

"It will be a pleasure to host [Galliani] for dinner, but I cannot change my programme.

"I will have the operation in Vancouver, Canada, where I have already got a house with my wife. I will rest, between Madrid and Canada. Because the two years at Real have been very tough, believe me.

"Nobody can imagine how much training Real takes out of you, in terms of physical and nervous energy.

"Then, I will return home for another event: in a month, my grandson will be born. That's something that I cannot and do not want to miss."

Ancelotti, though. refused to rule out a return to San Siro at some point in his career.

He said: "I have always said and thought that if I were to return to Italy one day to train a club, it could only be for Milan."

Ochoa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Odegaard enjoys ´nervous´ Real Madrid debut

24 May 2015

849707header.jpg

Martin Odegaard conceded he was beset by nerves as he prepared to make his Real Madrid debut, though that was replaced by pride as he became the Spanish giants' youngest La Liga player.

Norwegian prodigy Odegaard was brought on as a second-half substitute in Saturday's 7-3 win over Getafe, replacing star attacker Cristiano Ronaldo no less.

Despite his tender age of 16 years and 157 days, Odegaard – already a full international – looked at ease in possession, completing all 17 of his attempted passes.

"I was a little bit nervous about playing in front of so many people, but I tried to enjoy the moment," he told Real's official website.

"It's a special day, I feel very proud and very happy.

"I've had a really good time in my first season at Real Madrid and I've felt very comfortable."

Chicharito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Alves ruled out of Copa with serious knee injury

24 May 2015

849767header.jpg

Brazil goalkeeper Diego Alves is to miss the Copa America after Valencia confirmed he has torn the anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus in his right knee.

Alves was replaced in the 72nd minute of Saturday's 3-2 victory over former club Almeria, a win that ensured Valencia fourth place in La Liga and a return to the UEFA Champions League.

Valencia subsequently confirmed in a statement that Alves is to undergo surgery.

Alves' injury means he will not travel to Chile with Brazil for the Copa next month, with Dunga's men set to face Peru, Colombia and Venezuela in Group C.

Postiga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bilbao duo pen new deals

25 May 2015

850252header.jpg

Athletic Bilbao have secured the futures of defender Xabier Etxeita and goalkeeper Iago Herrerin, after the pair penned new deals with the Liga club.

Etxeita left Bilbao for Elche in July 2010, but returned to San Mames ahead of the 2013-14 campaign.

The 27-year-old has now agreed a new contract with the Copa del Rey finalists that runs until June 2018.

Similarly, Herrerin rejoined Bilbao in 2012 after a two-year stay with Atletico Madrid, where he failed to break into the first team.

He has largely played second fiddle to number one Gorka Iraizoz, but has done enough to earn a deal until June 2017.

Etxeita has a buyout clause of €40million, while Herrerin's is €35m.

Ancelotti

Alfrescian
Loyal

Real sack Ancelotti

25 May 2015

_83213442_carlo_ancelotti_reuters.jpg

Real Madrid have parted company with coach Carlo Ancelotti, president Florentino Perez has confirmed.

Reports had been widespread that Ancelotti was due to be sacked, and following a board meeting, Perez held a media conference on Monday to confirm as much.

Perez also said Ancelotti's successor will be announced next week, with Napoli boss Rafael Benitez expected to take over.

"Next week we will know the name of the new coach of Real Madrid," the president commented.

"It's not time to talk about the new coach. But it would be good for the new coach to speak Spanish, of course.

"This position [president] is not an easy one, but if we have the view a change is needed, we have responsibility to make it.

"We reflect every year, after season ended. This has been a decision analysed over the whole year, but made in the last week."

Ancelotti arrived at the Santiago Bernabeu in 2013, and in his first season delivered the Copa del Rey with a 2-1 victory over fierce rivals Barcelona.

However, the one trophy Real value more than any other is the UEFA Champions League, and Ancelotti duly led to the club to its 10th European crown - known as La Decima - with a 4-1 extra-time victory over Atletico Madrid in last season's final in Lisbon.

The 2014-15 campaign failed to match those heights, however, with only the UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup to show for Real's efforts.

The club finished second in La Liga, two points behind Barca, while they were dumped out of the Champions League semi-finals by one of Ancelotti's former clubs Juventus.

RaphaelVarane

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cancelo completes permanent Valencia move

25 May 2015

850442header.jpg

Joao Cancelo has joined Valencia on a permanent basis after impressing during his loan spell from Primeira Liga champions Benfica.

The Portugal Under-21 international initially moved to the Mestalla in August 2014 on a season-long loan.

Cancelo has subsequently made 10 La Liga appearances this season and has done enough to convince Valencia - who finished fourth this season - to hand him a lengthy contract until June 2021.

"I am very happy to continue at Valencia, who I hope to help for a long time," he told Valencia's official website.

"I will always carry Benfica in my heart, but now my biggest dream is to continue giving the best for Valencia, to grow in the team and return the great confidence that the club has shown in me."

DavidVilla

Alfrescian
Loyal

Porto complete Bueno capture

25 May 2015

850558header.jpg

Alberto Bueno has completed his move from Rayo Vallecano to Porto after putting pen to paper on a five-year contract at Estadio do Dragao.

Spanish striker Bueno hit 17 La Liga goals for Rayo in 2014-15 to help the Madrid club to an 11th-placed finish.

And the 27-year-old's impressive season did not go unnoticed by Portuguese giants Porto, who announced the deal to sign him on Monday.

Bueno told the club's official website: "I'm in a very good career stage, I can learn from those who will surround me and I have a strong desire and ambition to do my job working for a big club.

"I do not know how it will be next season, but I want to do things well and improve my numbers and my game, which is not only to score goals."

Bueno's contract includes a €40million release clause, and Porto will hope the forward can help them wrestle the Primeira Liga title back from their great rivals Benfica next season.

Simeone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ancelotti bears no grudge after Real sacking

25 May 2015

850576header.jpg

Carlo Ancelotti says he will remember his time as Real Madrid coach with fondness, despite being sacked by the club on Monday.

Real president Florentino Perez announced that Ancelotti has left the Santiago Bernabeu in a short media conference earlier in the day.

And Ancelotti then took to Twitter to express pride with his two seasons in the Spanish capital, which yielded Real's long-awaited 10th UEFA Champions League crown and the Copa del Rey in 2013-14, plus the UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup this season.

"I'd like to keep in mind this fantastic two years at Real Madrid. Thanks to the club, the supporters and my players. #HalaMadridYNadaMas [Hala Madrid and nothing more]," wrote the Italian.

Ancelotti's successor at the Bernabeu - widely expected to be Napoli coach Rafael Benitez - is set to be named next week.

Simeone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Moyes staying at Sociedad

26 May 2015

850709header.jpg

David Moyes insists he will continue in his role at Real Sociedad next season.

Moyes guided Sociedad to a 12th-place finish in La Liga after replacing Jagoba Arrasate in November, but the former Manchester United boss has already been linked with a return to the Premier League.

West Ham and Newcastle United are reportedly interested in prising Moyes back to England ahead of the 2015-16 season.

However, Moyes says he is enjoying life in San Sebastian.

"I've told everybody I will be in Spain next year," Moyes told Sky Sports programme Revista de La Liga.

"I had plenty of opportunities before I went to Spain to stay in England, and I had made a decision that I would go and work in Spain.

"I wanted to try something different, wanted to try new culture, work with different players and see how La Liga works, and I'm really enjoying it.

"It's a great club, I've had great fun as well."

SergioRamos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benitez almost certain for Real job

26 May 2015

850734header.jpg

Rafael Benitez is a "99 per cent" chance of taking over at Real Madrid, according to Carlo Ancelotti's agent.

Ancelotti was sacked by Real on Monday after his team finished second to Barcelona in La Liga and were eliminated in the UEFA Champions League semi-finals.

His agent, Ernesto Bronzetti, said the rumours of Napoli coach Benitez being in charge at the Santiago Bernabeu next season were almost certainly true.

"Yes, it's 99 per cent sure it will be him," Bronzetti told RAI Sport when asked if Benitez was the favourite to replace Ancelotti.

Bronzetti also confirmed Ancelotti's desire to take a year off.

Real won the FIFA Club World Cup and UEFA Super Cup trophies this season, but that was not enough for the club's hierarchy.

Stegen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Otamendi wants to leave Valencia - agent

26 May 2015

850729header.jpg

Agent Eugenio Lopez said his client and Manchester United target Nicolas Otamendi is doing everything he can to leave Valencia.

United are on the hunt for an experienced centre-back and Otamendi is reportedly at the top of the list, having been linked with a move to Old Trafford in January.

The Argentina international remained in La Liga as Valencia qualified for the UEFA Champions League but the 27-year-old now appears to be forcing through a move to Manchester.

"Nico wants to leave Valencia and is going to do everything possible to achieve it," Lopez told Radio Valencia Cadena Ser.

"Nicolas told [president] Amadeo Salvo to his face two months ago, it surprises me that it is said that [sporting director] Francisco Rufete knew nothing. Or he lied or there is a lack of communication.

"[Otamendi] is very pleased with Valencia and with the fans. [He] does not have a problem but wants a chance to improve professionally."

Torres

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bale planning Real Madrid stay

26 May 2015

850939header.jpg

Gareth Bale has shunned potential interest from Manchester United to confirm he will remain at Real Madrid next season.

After a stunning first campaign in the Spanish capital, Bale struggled to recreate that form in 2014-15, and came in for criticism from some Real fans.

United were reportedly interested in signing the world's most expensive player as they look to get back in the Premier League title picture but Wales star Bale is determined to recapture his best at the Bernabeu.

He posted on Twitter: "Not the end of the season we had hoped for, we always want to win trophies!

"Will be working hard in the off season and looking forward to coming back next season stronger with Real Madrid."

Bale's national boss Chris Coleman also believes the attacker retains the faith of Real's hierarchy.

"The president thinks a lot of Gareth," Coleman said.

"Unless Gareth wants to leave, which I don't think is the case, then I don't think he'll go anywhere. I don't think he wants to leave."

Torres

Alfrescian
Loyal

Relegated Almeria to be deducted three points

26 May 2015

851001header.jpg

Almeria will have three points deducted from their 2014-15 tally, having withdrawn an appeal against the punishment following their relegation from La Liga.

FIFA had imposed the sanction on the Andalusian club over their late payment to Danish club Aalborg in the 2011 signing of Michael Jakobsen, who no longer plays for Almeria.

Almeria needed a win in their final match of the season to have a chance of staying in La Liga, however they were beaten 3-2 by Valencia to confirm their relegation.

ToniKroos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Casillas reiterates desire to stay in Madrid

26 May 2015

851212header.jpg

Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas will not leave the Spanish capital club, with the veteran determined to treat the 2015-16 season as though it is his first.

Casillas is facing an uncertain future in Madrid, with countryman David de Gea tipped to arrive from Manchester United during the off-season, while Real will have a new coach at the helm next term following Carlo Ancelotti's sacking.

De Gea's arrival would ultimately signal the end of Casillas' time as Real's first-choice goalkeeper.

But the 34-year-old is unperturbed by the speculation, telling Cadena SER: "Next year, I see myself still stood between these posts; I have no plans to leave Madrid; I'm fine.

"I'll confront next season as though it is my first; that's the challenge I've set myself.

"I'm a man of challenges. Last year I had a big one and I got over it."

Casillas has been made a scapegoat in recent seasons, with the Spain international surprisingly booed by his own fans, despite a 25-year career at the club.

The five-time La Liga winner admitted the past few years have been challenging.

"It was different. Since last season it was and thought that this would take the same path," he added.

"It seemed like everything was quiet but things began to complicate ... I do not want to be a problem in Madrid. After 25 years what I want is the common good of the people who come to this country and those who are in their homes."