• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

£50 million flop to become bench warmer and for sale soon

CheesePie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A case of when you have star footballers going for personal glory instead of teamwork? :biggrin:

Tuesday 13th September 2011

672945_33_preview.jpg

"Robben will cause trouble for Bayern"

Former Real Madrid coach Bernd Schuster believes Arjen Robben will create problems for Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes this season.

Heynckes, well known for his ability to keep his men in order, has enjoyed a good start to the season since taking over at Bayern following the sacking of Louis van Gaal last term. Despite the Bavarian outfit missing one of their star players in Robben through injury, Bayern have not skipped a beat in their bid to reclaim the Bundesliga title which they lost to Borussia Dortmund last season, and only on Saturday hammered Freiburg 7-0.

In-form Mario Gomez hit four in that match, while Franck Ribery showed signs of returning to his best with a brace. But while many believe Robben's impending return will only strengthen Bayern, Schuster feels the Dutch international could give Heynckes a headache with his selfishness. "I do think that Robben is a problem for Bayern this year," Schuster told Sport1. "I think the philosophy of the team is different under Jupp Heynckes.

"Robben is incredibly stubborn. He does what he wants to do, regardless of Gomez and Ribery's positions. "Of course he has class, but this is a problem. "Their game is fluid at the moment [and] he may slow it down." Schuster is currently unemployed having left Turkish giants Besiktas in March, and has been linked with taking over at Hamburg, whose current coach Michael Oenning is under signficant pressure after a woeful start to the season.

And the ex-Real coach admits managing a side of Hamburg's stature is always going to appeal to him. "If a coach has no job, HSV are always interesting. "At some point, I'd like to be back in the fold in Germany. "I had two or three opportunities to come to Germany. Two years ago, I spoke with Bernd Hoffman [former Hamburg president] about the HSV job."

Schuster's only previous spell in the Bundesliga was during the 1998/99 season with Cologne, before he ventured overseas and managed at clubs like Xerez, Shakhtar Donetsk, Levante and Getafe.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I have said, Liverpool paid Newcastle $35 million, Man City paid Atletico Madrid $35 million, its the same market price. We shouldnt factor how much their salaries are paid. Liverpool make a bad investment and Man City didnt...

I would have agree with TNP and yourself if signing a player only involved transfer fee and wages not considered. However, the fact is players do not play for free.

Liverpool will never be able to afford the wages that Aguero is demanding. Therefore, signing him is never possible.

Cost of a players involved wages. So you must be able to afford the transfer fees and the wages before you can think of signing the said player.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to a second hand car dealer and I was offered 2 cars. One is a Toyota and the other a Volkswagen. Both are cost around the same. When probed further, the friendly sales staff warned that Volkswagen might cost more in terms of yearly maintenance and he gave me a ball parked figures for the both cars.

After some consideration, I took the Toyota as the maintenance cost for the VW is beyond me.

Today, my colleagues say I stupid. They said if a Toyota cost the same as Volkswagen, you should take the Volkswagen.

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wednesday 14th September 2011

656379_33_preview.jpg

Villas-Boas: No more Torres issue

Andre Villas-Boas maintained there was no longer an issue with critical comments from Fernando Torres after Chelsea's 2-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen.

Group E: Chelsea 2 - 0 Bayer Leverkusen

The Spaniard helped his side record an opening Champions League win over the German side at Stamford Bridge with two assists.

Torres spoke to the official website of Spain's Primera Liga last week, with an English translation later appearing on the striker's personal website, where he was quoted as branding Chelsea's "older" players as "very slow", and hailing new team-mate Juan Mata - whom he set-up for Chelsea's second goal in stoppage time - as a necessary signing.

In the build-up to Tuesday night's game, which was sparked to life by a fine second-half goal from Brazil defender David Luiz, Villas-Boas revealed he would warn Torres not to speak so candidly about the club in future if the translation did stand up. Chelsea now consider the matter closed.

"We had a chat and the situation is solved. The investigation is over," Villas-Boas said.

"You saw the player involved and he put in a good collective performance, like the team did.

"Hopefully these things won't arise in the group again. If they do, it will be the manager who has to resolve it."

Villa-Boas refused to confirmed whether the misfiring Spain striker had done enough to play his way into the starting XI for Sunday's Barclays Premier League showdown at Manchester United.

"I have to make a decision. We have another couple of days to train, and he will compete with the other four for that position. We have to take the best decision possible," the Chelsea boss said.

Last edited: