• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you prefer old or new forum? Vote Now.

Do you prefer the old or new forum?

• Old Forum

Votes: 72 69.2%
  • New Forum

Votes: 32 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since we cannot vote in GE.....i guess we can vote.....whether you prefer the new forum or the old forum.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currently 7 votes for Old forum,
2 votes for new forum

Cum cum....vote please.
5 days to end.

:biggrin: :p :biggrin:

Geylang Cheongster

Alfrescian
Loyal
I prefer this one much better. I'm a member who came over from the sex forum. Was a member of the sex forum since the time it was on the Delphi format too.

When Delphi shut the sex forum and Sam moved it to vbulletin, I can recall that there were many complaints too. However, once you all get used to vbulletin, you will find it very much better in all ways.

nicolewong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm...New forum.

The new forum is much more manageable with meaningful posts and has less nonsense posts.

In the old forum, everybody seems to post threads non-stop and nobody bothered to reply or engage in a discussion as the topics are either boring or have already been discussed in other threads.

mickell1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old forum can copy and paste pictures directly. Here cannot. Tried to upload pictures using the URL also cannot work :(

Attachments

• ShenQiaoYun.jpg
    ShenQiaoYun.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 212

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Friday liao....keep the votes coming in.

Currently 32 votes for Old Forum
44 votes for New Forum.

4 more days....

:biggrin: :p :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Old forum can copy and paste pictures directly. Here cannot. Tried to upload pictures using the URL also cannot work :(

Of course you can. Just copy and paste from your browser :

<table align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="heading1" height="30" width="515">Member's Profile</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="default-text-bold" height="17" width="515"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="515">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="default-text" height="467" valign="top" width="515"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" height="122">
Prof-LimBoonHeng.gif
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="272" valign="top">
<table class="default-text" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td height="18" width="22%">Name</td> <td height="18" width="4%">:</td> <td height="18" width="74%">Mr Lim Boon Heng (Minister, Prime Minister’s Office)</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td height="18" width="22%">Constituency</td> <td height="18" width="4%">:</td> <td height="18" width="74%">Jurong GRC</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td height="18" width="22%">Address</td> <td height="18" width="4%">:</td> <td height="18" width="74%">National Trades Union Congress, NTUC Centre No.1 Marina Boulevard #11-01 One Marina Boulevard Singapore 018989 </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td height="18" width="22%">Tel</td> <td height="18" width="4%">:</td> <td height="18" width="74%">62138000</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td height="18" width="22%">Fax</td> <td height="18" width="4%">:</td> <td height="18" width="74%">63278800</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td height="18" width="22%">Email</td> <td height="18" width="4%">:</td> <td height="18" width="74%">[email protected]</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td height="18" width="22%">CV</td> <td height="18" width="4%">:</td> <td height="18" width="74%">Click here to view the CV</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table class="default-text" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="4" height="19">Meet the People Session</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffe8e9"> <td height="19" width="40%">Place </td> <td height="19" width="2%"> </td> <td height="19" width="30%">Contact</td> <td height="19" width="28%">Time </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td width="40%">Blk 490 #01-01
Jurong West Avenue 1
Singapore 640490 </td> <td width="2%"> </td> <td width="30%">Tel: 65635516
Fax: 65602440

</td> <td width="28%">Every Monday at 7.30pm to 10.30pm</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I have an excellent suggestion. As it currently stands, 38 prefer the old forum and 56 prefer it here.

The 38 are welcome to head off to one of the new "clone" sammyboy delphi forums and wallow in the emptiness there while the 56 can stay on here and enjoy the wealth of features that Vbulletin has to offer. :biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Geez... i not sure... hey wat the hell? got a place 4 me 2 tok cok can leow. But then i vote 4 new forum lah... :biggrin::p

chin suah koo

Why is it not possible for you to recreate the same user interface as with delphi?

But it seems the people here aren't given any choice, since the other one is shut, a hobson's choice. You want a fair comparison, reopen the old forum, let's all vote with our clicks.

The main reason that you want to monopolise choice is to make money, fair enough.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Why is it not possible for you to recreate the same user interface as with delphi?

But it seems the people here aren't given any choice, since the other one is shut, a hobson's choice. You want a fair comparison, reopen the old forum, let's all vote with our clicks.

The main reason that you want to monopolise choice is to make money, fair enough.

I didn't start the poll and I am not interested in running a popularity contest between old and new.

If I were to continue with the Delphi forum, I would have had to continue paying a monthly subscription for a platform which I did not enjoy using whatsoever. Why should I? Do you pay good money for something you don't like?

Delphi flooded the forum with adverts.. google..ebay.. splash screens in every single thread and expected me to PAY even more to get rid of the Ads.

Whenever a non plus member wanted to find a thread or post more than 3 months old, I would have to do it for them. I used to spend hours every week responding to search requests. To make matters worse, the damned search function never worked. Posts I knew were there and contained the keywords that I had entered simply would not show up.

People were banned and threads were deleted by Delphi without my knowledge.

The Delphi lovers think only of themselves and have a mindset which can't move with the times. They remind me of some of my friends who still long for Windows 95 and Lotus 123. You don't see the frustrations that I, as the forum admin, have to go through on a daily basis.

If you love Delphi so much, go start yet another clone forum. Where is the "Hobson's Choice"? You are free to implement whatever interface tickles your fancy. You'll have to take out your credit card though. :p