• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I think we’ve got our values all wrong.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like JBJ, he is a good man! What a shame he didn't become our PM. He can see the future, where our country is heading!

"I don’t see the necessity of owning a Mercedes-Benz and a swimming pool and a couple of mistresses. I think we’ve got our values all wrong.

You know $96,000 a month for a Prime Minister and $60,000 a month for a minister. What the hell do you do with all that money? You can’t eat it! What do you do with it? Your children don’t need all that money.

My children have had the best of education. In fact, I’m very proud of them. One of them is a senior registrar to two major hospitals in Oxford. Another of them is a consultant in European law to the Securities and Investment Board in the United Kingdom. They’ve had their education. There are no complaints.

I never earned $60,000 a month or $90,000 a month. When I was Chief Minister, I earned $8,000 a month. Look, what is happening today is we are encouraged to and are becoming worshippers of the Golden Calf.

We have lost sight of the joy and excitement of public service, helping our fellow men. The joy and excitement of seeking and understanding of the joy of the miracle of the living the duty and the grandeur. We have lost taste for heroic action in the service of our people.

We have become good bourgeois seeking comfort, security. It’s like seeking a crystal coffin and being fed by intravenous injections through pipes in the crystal coffin; crystal coffins stuck with certificates of your pragmatic abilities."

— An interview with David Marshall, 5 May 1994.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: I think we’ve got our values all wrong.

nothing to do with politic, but 20 to 30 yrs ago, best footballers earn a few thousands, now millions. time has change, of course, minister an footballer are both overpaid.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

Like JBJ, he is a good man! What a shame he didn't become our PM. He can see the future, where our country is heading!

"I don’t see the necessity of owning a Mercedes-Benz and a swimming pool and a couple of mistresses. I think we’ve got our values all wrong.

You know $96,000 a month for a Prime Minister and $60,000 a month for a minister. What the hell do you do with all that money? You can’t eat it! What do you do with it? Your children don’t need all that money.

My children have had the best of education. In fact, I’m very proud of them. One of them is a senior registrar to two major hospitals in Oxford. Another of them is a consultant in European law to the Securities and Investment Board in the United Kingdom. They’ve had their education. There are no complaints.

I never earned $60,000 a month or $90,000 a month. When I was Chief Minister, I earned $8,000 a month. Look, what is happening today is we are encouraged to and are becoming worshippers of the Golden Calf.

We have lost sight of the joy and excitement of public service, helping our fellow men. The joy and excitement of seeking and understanding of the joy of the miracle of the living the duty and the grandeur. We have lost taste for heroic action in the service of our people.

We have become good bourgeois seeking comfort, security. It’s like seeking a crystal coffin and being fed by intravenous injections through pipes in the crystal coffin; crystal coffins stuck with certificates of your pragmatic abilities."

— An interview with David Marshall, 5 May 1994.

$8,000 back then was very high too. If it is $8,000 now, it's different.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

IN another words, he mean that pple are become more and more sinkified. But of course, he say it in an educated and more concise manner.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

when he was chief minister, should be in 50s or early 60s? my father earned $40 monthly and had to take care for his wife, and 7 children!

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal

Because when THEY have the money, YOU then do not have the money to support anyone who stand against them.

THEY will make sure your hard work will be sucked from you so that you be so worried about roof over your head and food for your kids that you will not have the time to think.

THEY will do the thinking for you and tell you it is 'heavily subsidised' and 'affordable'

So you continue to work and work while the money is sucked and sucked into that 400++ billions that they have in Temasick and GIC.

So that they can play and play at being economic giants when in fact they are fucking dwarfs

And they can pay for their cronies and running dogs in media and High Court to give you laws without justice and to continue to fuck the shit out of you.

SINKIES, YOU GOT WHAT YOU VOTED FOR

WHETHER YOU GOT NO BALLS, OR NO BRAINS, OR BOTH

YOU GOT WHAT YOU VOTED FOR