• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS (NSP) - "MP's job is not really about taking care of the ward"... !

Green Light

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bryan Ti:
Here is a very simple example of an MP "taking care of her ward":

"In order to take care of the elderly and poor in her constituency, Dr (Lily) Neo and other grassroots leaders have put into place many programmes with the aim of meeting the ...basic needs of low-income families and the housing and meals of the elderly.

A new initiative is the setting up of social entrepreneur projects. Housewives and the unemployed are paid 4 dollars an hour to sell their handmade handicrafts in a gift shop in front of The Majestic. Residents who have worked on such projects for more than six months are also given the opportunity to participate in the Workfare Supplement Scheme."

http://theonlinecitizen.com/2010/10/lily-neo-treats-the-elderly-in-her-ward-like-her-grandma/

Bryan T

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys, I just want to qualify here that I am not "Green Light" although I have not "balls-ache" for him to re-publish what I put on my FB here. In fact, his effort is (quietly) appreciated.

:B

jw5

Loyal
This is the system. The TC has the budget, it's called S&CC. The MP is not a contractor or town manager. S/he uses the budget to hire professionals to run the town. S/he makes the decision as to what to do and the professionals carry it out. To do this effectively and efficiently for the people, the MP has to understand the needs of the people and the grounds. That's taking care of the ward. Anyway, Cpt. Goh has moronically strayed off tangent and proverbially shot himself in his foot, no, make that his mouth.
"Taking care of the ward" doesn't mean that he has to personally sweep the floor and clear the rubbish.
He needs to understand that in the minds of most voters, the duties and responsibilities of a Singaporean MP definitely includes "taking care of the ward".

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Taking care of the ward" doesn't mean that he has to personally sweep the floor and clear the rubbish.
He needs to understand that in the minds of most voters, the duties and responsibilities of a Singaporean MP definitely includes "taking care of the ward".

Trouble is, GMS's English is not so advanced, and yet still want to anyhow say things that have implications he doesn't realise.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever the case is, just like the brazilian clown's slogan says "It cant any worst" vote him in first. If he cant perform and dont take care of his ward, then boot him out the next election.

5 years. To build a country u take 50 years. To destroy a country, 5 years is more than enough.

So vote wisely, don't vote clowns.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any opposition candidate can say the same thing in an election rally.

An MP's job is not really about taking care of the ward. Priority is to ask questions during parliament.

No opposition will win if they says this
Even PAP candidates will lose their seat if they say this and let the people hear it.

Must be tactical a bit. Don't go for brave speeches. Too brave, the common folks will not be able to accept it.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
5 years. To build a country u take 50 years. To destroy a country, 5 years is more than enough.

So vote wisely, don't vote clowns.

Fearing the unknown will not get things changed, one has to be game enough. I'll parrot the phrase "It cant get any worst". For better of for worst, I'll take my chances.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fearing the unknown will not get things changed, one has to be game enough. I'll parrot the phrase "It cant get any worst". For better of for worst, I'll take my chances.

Depending on which individuals you vote in.

Some will be " the worst has yet to come":p

Whatever it is, vote wisely.

tampines

Alfrescian
Loyal

The voters of Tampines FULLY endorse the contents of Dr Chee's letter to Dictator LKY---- serves him and his entire Lee clan right!!

Also, the voters of Tampines GRC fully support the NSP team at the next GE.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
The voters of Tampines FULLY endorse the contents of Dr Chee's letter to Dictator LKY---- serves him and his entire Lee clan right!!

Also, the voters of Tampines GRC fully support the NSP team at the next GE.

Don't play play. Tampines GRC siah. :p:p:p

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
This is the system. The TC has the budget, it's called S&CC. The MP is not a contractor or town manager. S/he uses the budget to hire professionals to run the town. S/he makes the decision as to what to do and the professionals carry it out. To do this effectively and efficiently for the people, the MP has to understand the needs of the people and the grounds. That's taking care of the ward. Anyway, Cpt. Goh has moronically strayed off tangent and proverbially shot himself in his foot, no, make that his mouth.

I guess you are helping me to shoot PAP MPs in their own feet. :wink:

So, how do MPs understand the needs of the people and the grounds without becoming a full time MP? You actually expect the MP to be effective in "taking care of the ward" just by going for meet the people session once a week without running the Town Council hands on? Well, that's pretty low standards for a $17K monthly salary!

I have not strayed off tangent. The first and foremost of MP's job in parliament is law making, not running Town Councils. Leave the Town Council management to the estate managers. If taking care of the ward is the utmost important role of the MP, then estate managers will be the best candidate to be MPs. Period.

Goh Meng Seng

Last edited:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many people wants to see a change and to do that is to vote in as many oppositions there is. Once that is achieved, only then will we see pluralism in the system.

There's no room for worrying over what is to come, just go along and see what the changes will bring about. It cant get any worst, I paraphrase once more.

jw5

Loyal

So, how do MPs understand the needs of the people and the grounds without becoming a full time MP? You actually expect the MP to be effective in "taking care of the ward" just by going for meet the people session once a week without running the Town Council hands on? Well, that's pretty low standards for a $17K monthly salary!

I have not strayed off tangent. The first and foremost of MP's job in parliament is law making, not running Town Councils. Leave the Town Council management to the estate managers. If taking care of the ward is the utmost important role of the MP, then estate managers will be the best candidate to be MPs. Period.

Goh Meng Seng
Every pappy mp will tell the voters that "taking care of the ward" is of utmost importance to them.
Then they will let the estate manager and town council managers to run it and "take care of it". They will only oversee.
Among the mps, they will tell one another that "lawmaking" is their ultimate responsibility.
Sometimes you can be very stubborn.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Every pappy mp will tell the voters that "taking care of the ward" is of utmost importance to them.
Then they will let the estate manager and town council managers to run it and "take care of it". They will only oversee.
Among the mps, they will tell one another that "lawmaking" is their ultimate responsibility.
Sometimes you can be very stubborn.

If I just talk like them, I am really no different from them. Then, forget about change.

Goh Meng Seng

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I've always said, HDB should take back the running of the town council. However, the system as it is now, the MP chairs and oversees the running of the town council, and your electorate has gotten used to that. You should argue against the system in Parliament if and when you got in, not before and lose votes to keep you from getting in.

Your job now as a candidate is to win election. Parliament or town council, can settle later. If you can't understand that, you'll lose.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think I better vote for a PAPee dog rather than a showdog who just wanna showoff in Parliament.

Tan Kim Kim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think I better vote for a PAPee dog rather than a showdog who just wanna showoff in Parliament.

Words like these came out from a known hardcore opposition's supporter like you really tells a lot the damages GMS aka aurvandil aka Tampinies do to himself.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

GRC contest:

PAP MP 1: We'll take care of your estate and help you with your problems whether in the estate or in Parliament.

PAP MP 2: We'll take care of your estate and help you with your problems whether in the estate or in Parliament.

PAP MP 3: We'll take care of your estate and help you with your problems whether in the estate or in Parliament.

PAP MP 4: We'll take care of your estate and help you with your problems whether in the estate or in Parliament.

PAP MP 5: We'll take care of your estate and help you with your problems whether in the estate or in Parliament.

Opp Candie 1: We'll help you voice out in Parliament, your estate should be MND and HDB problem.

Opp Candie 2: We'll help you voice out in Parliament, your estate should be MND and HDB problem.

Opp Candie 3: We'll help you voice out in Parliament, your estate should be MND and HDB problem.

Opp Candie 4: We'll help you voice out in Parliament, your estate should be MND and HDB problem.

Opp Candie 5: We'll help you voice out in Parliament, your estate should be MND and HDB problem.

You think who'll win?