• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TR - Molina Han - Panama - Eugene Yeo - Joe Ong

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Can't believe those in the view that WP/TR is run by a single person?

Even if he can have 24 hours and goes without sleep. How the hell is he able to manage the website, content, correspond, even if the articles was source from somewhere, he must have gone out to source, read, decides and edit. Not forgetting during the early days, WP/TR was everywhere, not just in this forum, engaging and spreading the information.

And it is now review that that "single person" has a full time job?

Relax, the show has just begun, more to come.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
U are not thinking like a tabloid. TNP is out to sell trash, waiting after Mrs Lee passes away is because well Mrs Lee is news, after that one still has to find news to sell a tabloid.

According to the timeline, this is more than a year old. If the intent was sales, there had been lots of earlier lull periods. Why hold this for almost a year and then release it 1 week after Mrs Lee passed away?

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear arun

The timeline also includes the police taking a year to investigate jambanpostergate, deciding on a warning, someone leaking to Tnp, tnp printing n hence resultant tr mess. At most I would say they decided to hold on see if tr continued in it's old manner n if it did, then the tnp leak n hence mess n possible legal suit

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are looking for empirical evidence. Where were you when they were exposed for plagiarism. I hope you do not think that the foreign press copied his articles and he was the original author. I don't have control to his website and that of the foreign press. How do you think a series of articles appeared in 2 different websites with different correspondents. Do you think identical passages appeared in TR website by fluke.

If you have so much confidence in TR, you must be following it for sometime. I am sure a rational man was expressing some concern.

I writing this because I suspect you actually don't have an idea what the term empirical means. Nothing to do with lone gunman or any ofmy convoluted theories. If you know enough of TR, you would have caught it.

Who do you most trust in this forum. Why don't you ask them about TR's legitimacy. Or you prefer to wait for empirical evidence.

You seem awfully defensive and keen for everyone to believe in your "lone gunman" hypothesis.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroo

Some of his best pieces were faked interviews with real people who wrote real things on their blogs including that ex isd head.

Locke

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are looking for empirical evidence. Where were you when they were exposed for plagiarism. I hope you do not think that the foreign press copied his articles and he was the original author. I don't have control to hsi website and that of the foreign press. How do you think a series of articles appeared in 2 different websites with different correspondents. How do you think identical passages appeared in TR website by fluke.

If you have so much confidence in TR, you must be following it for sometime.

Sorry I don't quite get you. How does this prove your "lone gunman" hypothesis? The discussion here is whether Dr Ong acted alone or whether he is just the patsy for a bigger group which remains unamed.

As I mentioned before, I will be inclinded to accept the "lone gunman" hypothesis if I see TR wither and die. Somehow I don't think that is going to happen.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its one man controlling this website and his identity was not known to people who contributed articles such as Khalil Adis, Kok Lim, Gilbert Goh etc. Much of the articles are pilfered and he was caught out and instead of putting non-existent correspondent's name such as Eugene Yeo, he put the generic attribute "Our Correspondent". Only stories he wrote carried names such as Amanda.

He is certainly using someone to aggregate and do the front portal and that guy too has no clue.

He did the same with Singapore Enquirer. Ng E-Jay who runs the TOC Political Desk did some work for him but did not know anything about him. This came out in the wash after he was asked to leave RP and released a letter stating that he did not know who was running TR.

There are no editorial staff, team or teams. He used to be in the old SBF everyday goading people and releasing personal details. We used to wonder where he got his energy from. He even did stalking and published photos of people's block and vehicles.

When TR went into full mode, he disappeared. I think the workload got to him.

This guy is certainly has a disorder.

Even if he can have 24 hours and goes without sleep. How the hell is he able to manage the website, content, correspond, even if the articles was source from somewhere, he must have gone out to source, read, decides and edit. Not forgetting during the early days, WP/TR was everywhere, not just in this forum, engaging and spreading the information.

Last edited:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

I know the history and was active reading almost all the exchanges. "He" was literally spending hours during the early days of WP engaging, simultantenous in a few forums.

Among this and all the works that he has to do. So, where does he have the time? Forget about other things, time is certainly quantifiable.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
dear glaringly

That is why I use obsessive n mad n I sAy this sincerely if he is mad he will do this n have no life

Locke

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
dear glaringly

That is why I use obsessive n mad n I sAy this sincerely if he is mad he will do this n have no life

Locke

He has a day job as a doctor? Mad??

How can anyone believe Temasek Review is run by a single person on part time basis? Compare to TOC, there are a group and they are already crying out for volunteers, And the scope is not even half of Temasek Review.

And before you guys cry out the articles are copy from somewhere. Have you guys actually conduct some investigation, certainly to me it bears the signature of Temasek Review.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is certainly using someone to aggregate and do the front portal and that guy too has no clue.

There are editorial staff, team or teams.

This seems to be going against your "lone gunman" hypothesis.

How does a "mad" "obsessed" individual have so much support staff? Are they volunters? Or are they paid staff?

If they are volunters, how did he recruit them to follow his "mad" vision? Also TR has been quite consistent. If you work with unpaid volunters, you get an initial burst of enthusiasm. After that people usually fall out for all sorts of reasons so it is very hard to maintain consistent quality.

If you are working with paid staff, where is he getting the money to pay everyone? Here we have to also include TR's highly unusual server setup. It has mutiple redundancy, security to defeat DoS attacks etc which appear to be quite beyond the capability of a non-IT trained "mad" "obsessed" MBBS. Where is the money to pay for this coming from?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I can't believe is that TR has since yesterday put up pro-PAP articles and positioning itself as a neutral and nobody spotted it or realise that the moves are connected to its exposure.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They had already announced that they are going to start a new website - the New WayangParty. Its back to business as usual.
What I can't believe is that TR has since yesterday put up pro-PAP articles and positioning itself as a neutral and nobody spotted it or realise that the moves are connected to its exposure.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can write all you want. Let the forummers decide. You can cough blood, and nothing is going to change. Both you and Ptader have created a persona of your own and it can't go away. Ptader tried to change his nic to Chau Ve Nist and got caught.

Both your histories are well known. You guys have been quiet because unlike Walt's Delphi, you cannot buy membership and therefore cannot seek a ban by hiding behind Walt.

My guess is that you guys are going to come back because you can't keep away.

How about tackling issues rather than labeling people. Unlike those whose identities are known, I cannot be threatened. Why don't you call me a pedophile and complete the picture.

My very first CVN post in this forum was made on 27 Dec 2009. After I discovered that Sam had drawn other forummers' attention to my second post, I deliberately posted in my very fourth post quoting an article taken from The Straits Times in my trademark signature style of citing it as being from the "147th"

"http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?p=401449#post401449
MP calls for study of Mandarin-only job ads

147th Singapore Prostitute Press 1 March 2006"

as I have been doing for more than 10 years or so in the last forum. Except for the newer posters, all the seasoned, older posters instantly knew who I was and why I did so. Sam and Ramseth can also testify to the fact that I identified myself as PTADER in my private messages to them.

Hence, Scroobal's current lie and rubbish that I have been "caught out" as though I was hiding in fear of him and the unknown until he "ferretted" me out as CVN is his usual self-adulatory aggrandizement and his trademark signature style of conflating outright lies, gossips or half-truths with morsels of verifiable facts and presenting them as God given truths and incontrovertible facts to the gullible and those who hold him in awe and those who are relatively "new" and too "weak" to confront him and his lies.

This is exactly what the seasoned and older forummers mean when we call Scroobal dishonest.

Unlike the relatively newer crowd here, we know this chap pretty well and know his history very well. I knew when I responded to his Sammyboy - Down Memory Lane when I accidentally stumbled upon it (and discovered he was re-writing history), that he would react by scattering the PTADER and other older forummer nicks about in a bit discredit them.

Such was and is his intense fear of the older forummers who know him and his egregious history very well. And indeed, just as I had predicted, he has indeed done so....(continued in next post)

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Contd...

...Scroobal now presents himself to the newer forummers in this new forum as a virtue of paragon and talks ever so self-righteously about ad hominen attacks despite the fact that he is, if not more, guilty of doing so himself. Worse, he launches such ad hominem attacks against those old posters who are no longer here in this new forum to defend themselves.

Even worse, he launches, with a depraved amount of vitriol, personal attacks even against individuals who don't even post here nor know they are being attacked by him. His out-of-the-blue ad hominem attack against Quek Suan Shiau (Sumiko's husband) in which he wrote in the first person purporting to be Quek Suan Shiau, with the effeminate gossipy bitchiness of a spurned suitor, will rank as a classic low blow in the history of this forum and the old one.

He talks about Walt Delphi, oblivious to the fact that Delphi is hosted in the US and that he had broken US law on privacy when he posted QXP's NRIC number in the old forum. When he came under attack for doing so, he changed the NRIC number and then claimed that he never did post QXP's original NRIC number. A young sharp-eyed poster kept a record of his post though and when caught out, he then claimed that I had changed the NRIC number in his nick. His outright lie of my miraculous powers to change the NRIC number in his very own nick was so blatant that even lockeliberal, who usually give him some face, told him what he thought of his claim.

But enough about tiresome and dishonest Scroobal. As I had said, the older forummers in the previous forum know him very well.

I am currently writing a novel and need some help in sourcing some old information on the culinary scene in Singapore in the early years. I am looking to buy a book "Where to find good food in Singapore?"

I read the book many years ago but can't find it now in Kunokiya or Borders. It was written by an ex-assistant editor with the New Nation and ex-editor with The Straits Times (can't quite recall his name presently) who underwent an operation to remove a tumour in his scrotum in 1989.

Thanks in advance to any bros who can help out. Much appreciated.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
They had already announced that they are going to start a new website - the New WayangParty. Its back to business as usual.

Yep. Unlike the PAP, WP hasn't got the power to arrest him or have control over the media. A much easier opponent for him. It also does a favour back to the PAP, hoping that by helping them take on their most threatening opponent, they'll spare him.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am currently writing a novel and need some help in sourcing some old information on the culinary scene in Singapore in the early years. I am looking to buy a book "Where to find good food in Singapore?"

I read the book many years ago but can't find it now in Kunokiya or Borders. It was written by an ex-assistant editor with the New Nation and ex-editor with The Straits Times (can't quite recall his name presently) who underwent an operation to remove a tumour in his scrotum in 1989.

Thanks in advance to any bros who can help out. Much appreciated.

I may be wrong but I'm quite confident that the Lee Kong Chian library contains it. Have been doing research for years and feel that one can find nearly everything there, except religion and what's in the national archives.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good food in Singapore now can't be the same as good food in the past. There're no more live livestock rearing and slaughtering.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I was not in this on day 1, I too would have thought exactly the same. This amazed me with the amount that he could post and the stalking that he did. He even had the time to create an entire website about me.

Like a sole proprietor of a business, he would use hired help such as Malay boys to stick poster during WP dinner and Bangladeshis for Lee Bee Wah posters. He also hired people previously to videotape events. Like a sole proprietor he would get external help for other things. But the language, tone and the manner was the same.

I can assure you that he had no editors nor did he have an administrators. The message was the same. He wrote to many people to submit articles but most turned him down. He even approached the chap from Kent Ridge but that guy refused as Joe did not want to reveal his identity.

I stopped irritating him when he began attacking the PAP. Obsessive behavior is just that.

I can assure you that this guy will not stop. He was actually prepared to pay for a full-time editor and lined up a well known political wannabe to the front. No candidate accepted because they wanted to know the identity of their boss.

Even Tan Tarn How, who sadly lost his daughter in London recently, attempted to meet him and that was when Singapore Enquirer was first launched and it was critical of the govt but quite fair.

He has a day job as a doctor? Mad??

How can anyone believe Temasek Review is run by a single person on part time basis? Compare to TOC, there are a group and they are already crying out for volunteers, And the scope is not even half of Temasek Review.

This seems to be going against your "lone gunman" hypothesis.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

I very strongly agree with this.

I find it hard to believe that WP/TR is the work of one single man as there are just too much work for one person to complete in such a short time when the same person has other obligation to fulfill. it is just logically impossible.

I suspect that there is aleast 3 or 4 with this dumb Joe Ong as head and there could be backers as well paying for the work. Now who could they be?

if Joe Ong is indeed held for defamation, would he crack under perssure to show who the rest are or would he just shoulder everything on his own?

Anyway Joe Ong can pay for the defamation and legal fees i m sure.