• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Are The Patrol Police Being Blamed For Running???

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No worries, the "Hero & Coward" thread will come but we should concentrate first on the nation hottest issue...

shameful and despicable scum PAP regime,
a small island with millions of salary for PAP cronies from tax payers fund and yet have many hottest issues?

only people who receive some scum benefits from shameful and despicable PAP regime cronies would agree your statement

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eric Tan, in his younger days would have fired all 5 rounds! No news on his posting after CPIB.

That was Eric Tan era....the police of the old, would have pick up something from around the area, without reaching for the pistol to fire, & beat those trouble makers to retreat & all you need to do, is to grab the "INDIAN chief"...the rest of the monkeys will flee.

No need to fire...

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
we don't know what actually happened. whatever the circumstances. the first polices made a withdrawal, leaving their vehicles behind for the not seriously armed rioters. this is very bad.

the videos of the burning police vehicles are all very negative for the image of the police force.

I dun denied that the SPF image is partially tarnished but definitely not fully..... Why no one is praising the SOC when they were the one that brought the situation under control??? Many in here are just criticizing the way those normal patrol officers on how the way they retreat

But let's not forget that patrol police are not Special Force or Special Tactical Unit.... Many policeman can't even fight if they take down their warrant card!!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No worries, the "Hero & Coward" thread will come but we should concentrate first on the nation hottest issue...

Those involved will receive certificate of commendations, including the bus aunty for showing restrain & the bus driver will be charged for careless driving...6 months down the road...all will be forgotten & the ah nehs will be buying their "knockout" there...the buses will come & go at Hampshire/Race Course Road...& COI will come & go..it is a honest mistake, once in a 100 years thing...let us MOVE ON!

Last edited:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The first video shows that the police fled leaving the fire brigade and ambulance crew to fend for themselves.
The second video shows the police hiding in the ambulance.

Confidence of the public is deeply eroded and SPF still wants to come out with their bullshit about great restraint.

EMPTY POLICE CARS WERE BLOCKING THE WAY OF THE FIRE TRUCK AND EMBULANCE

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/a5ne2U8aOrQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The video clip above shows that the ambulance was sandwich between two empty police cars (assume that the policemen had flee else it would have been driven off). And the fire truck on the other lane was also block by a empty car.

The ambulance managed to escape only after the police car in front was flip over by the rioters (at around 04:20).
The fire truck had no choice but to reverse (at around 6:44).

Better spread the word as this video might be taken off just like several have been turn private.

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=439469846158209" data-width="550"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=439469846158209">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/EntertainmentDaily">The Entertainment Daily</a>.</div></div>

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun denied that the SPF image is partially tarnished but definitely not fully..... Why no one is praising the SOC when they were the one that brought the situation under control??? Many in here are just criticizing the way those normal patrol officers on how the way they retreat

But let's not forget that patrol police are not Special Force or Special Tactical Unit.... Many policeman can't even fight if they take down their warrant card!!!

We are not talking about fighting, but protecting themselves & their properties & not beating a hasty retreat...if these were TERRORISTS! instead of a drunken crowd in a alcohol stupor...ah neh's high on liquor..will behave like superman, batman, silver surfer, spiderman, transformer etc..all roll into on, plus spewing vulgarities & obscenities that put an entire ship of sailors to shame. View of the videos..you can see some throwing lighted beer bottles...in case, you do not know what they are usually called.."MOLOTOV COCKTAIL".. beers don't burn that fast...YOU GET THE POINT..

Last edited:

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal

lanjiao la cb kiah....you come crawling back to sinkapore from your cb hole in hk then come and talk lor.....

give commendation to a fucking bunch of clowns who run away....and was 1.5 hours late....and when they got there just stood there and watched the fires burnt out....

like that might as well give an award to all the cleaners who swept up the rubbish the morning after right? because thats why the fucking so called poodles did in the end right? after war over, go and and sweep up all the remaining ah nehs who were too drunk to run away......

lanjiao le kar understand!!!

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
xingguy

second footage
confirmed that SPF run like pariah dogs and very disorganized and not orderly,
in army and police, even if you retreat, you need to retreat in group and in a orderly manner and there must be a few guys there to cover up for the retreat.
where are the snippers that protect the retreating police?

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
xingguy

second footage
confirmed that SPF run like pariah dogs and very disorganized and not orderly,
in army and police, even if you retreat, you need to retreat in group and in a orderly manner and there must be a few guys there to cover up for the retreat.
where are the snippers that protect the retreating police?

Not only run away but with hands up in SURRENDER. Police with firearms surrender to untrained mob with no firearms! Next time better take out their white underwear and tie it to their batons to use as WHITE SURRENDER FLAG.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) 2 Patrol Officers vs 80 gangsters with parangs is different from 10 Policemen vs 400 drunk and unarmed Ah Neh on their off day, only a small minority were throwing missiles, and considering the inebriated state, you can hardly expect to throw accurately. Please use reasonable examples, can 2 policemen form a line and charge rioters, NO, can 10 policemen form a line and charge rioters, YES.

2) We cannot ascertain for sure whether anybody put in their shoes as policemen, with a duty to protect law and order will run. What we can confirm is the police ran. Who cannot run? My grandmother also can run lei. So what makes my grandmother any different from armed and trained professional policemen, since she can do the same thing they did.

3) Nobody ask them to be hero, but if your job requires you to be a hero at that point of time, the question is do your shirk from your duty? By running and surrendering the scene for more than an hour, there was a lapse of police control in the whole area for that entire duration. There was absolute no responsibility for any ongoing on the scene, rescue and police vehicles were burnt, if any innocent bystanders were nearby, they were at the mob's mercy. To put it simply, zheng hu lang bo zhou kang, they run away then just stand from afar and eye power.

They had one simple job, which they failed miserably in doing, and we have dumb Singaporeans chipping in with countless excuses for their inability to do their job.

Imagine this scenario ah, 10 of our SAF's infantry defending an area in Singapore, they met with 400 Malaysian unarmed soldiers pelting them with stones. Upon seeing the large numbers, they retreated to a safe distance with nary a shot and called for backup, abandoning their 3 tonners and tanks. The Malaysian soldiers gleefully burned their tanks and 3 tonners, in fact there were a few infantry and tank driver hiding in one of the tanks, but the Malaysian soldiers were nice enough to ask them to leave. 1 hour later, they commandos finally arrived and chased the Malaysian soldiers away. They government declared this a great victory which showed maximum restraint. Do you applaud them as heroes just for being there (and doing nothing) or do you label them cowards?

Wake up!

Well said.... Then first of all may i ask why no one here is praising the SOC since they were the one that brought the situation under control??? Instead all we can see is criticism for the way how the police retreated....

I do not fancy SGP police honestly, they are nothing compare to other countries police becoz Singaporeans are a easy bunch of citizens to handle unlike citizens from HK, Taiwan, China or even UK... But let's do the criticism with facts...

If the one that is running away is your son or your family members, would you still be saying that they are a coward or the way they retreated is unacceptable??? Safety first!!!

1. You expect 10 policemen to form a line to go against 400 drunks Indian without any rioting gear??? Even if the 10 policemen are able to charge into the crowd, what if they are being attacked from behind by beer bottles n so on???

Even PTU or SOC are trained to back up one another.... When the first platoon moves in, the 2nd platoon will wait behind in case of any attacks from behind.

According to what you say, the 10 policemen forms a line n charge at the rioters, who's is their back-up??? Even if the 10 policemen load their revolver full of ammo, there's only 60 bullets in all but the rioters numbers are 400. Before the 10 policemen can kill or arrest all of them, they would be killed from behind not forgetting that the riot is due to their own ppl behind killed. If the policemen start to fire shots n injured anymore of their own country ppl, what's the consequences did you ever think...

2. If you have not put yourself in the shoes of the policemen, then isn't it a bit too much just to put your own views n criticism in there when you're not actually on the actual scene itself.

3. Even commandos, rangers n navy seal works as a team. Rambo action are not welcomed in any uniformed group. If just becoz of one's Hero action that causes injury or death to your buddy that is on duty together with you, who's going to bear the responsibility??? You???

Shirking duties is running away without having any follow up actions. Even during academy training be it SGP police or HKG police, they are taught to call reinforcement once they are being out-numbered.

Even Navy Seals are trained to analyst situation n call for back up if necessary.

To be honest, even if you put a section of 7 person from the Commandos or Swat team at Little India that night, I doubt they will moved in....

To criticize is easy.... But if you're the one at the scene i can imagine you'll fled faster than anyone else....

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They 'retreat' so fast that their cars cannot follow. Fled is one thing, spend the next hour a good distance away looking at rioters burn your car is another.

Perhaps the poodles are naively trying to use their patrol cars as this scarecrow?

Last edited:

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
shameful and despicable scum PAP regime,
a small island with millions of salary for PAP cronies from tax payers fund and yet have many hottest issues?

only people who receive some scum benefits from shameful and despicable PAP regime cronies would agree your statement

So sorry, PAP didn't give me a job when i couldn't got one after my NS

PAP didn't give me the capital to venture overseas when i needed

PAP didn't give me any benefits or any aid when I started my venture overseas...

Want to criticize, can... Put out all the pros n cons n not just by picking all the negatives.... Who doesn't know how to find fault against another person... Finding fault it's easy but to recognized the effort of others is always difficult especially for losers!!!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the words of the Old Fart, this is but an 'aspiration' lah! Donch take it too seriously. OK?

SPF : Our Mission

In this dynamic and rapidly changing environment, the Singapore Police Force’s core function is to protect the people who live in Singapore from crime and all manner of criminal harm. Crime in SPF’s context include terrorism and public disorder. In order to achieve this, we apply the strategies of Prevention, Deterrence and Detection. As crime is generally defined by the inclusion of two key ingredients: mens rea (the guilty mind), and actus rea (the guilty act), the twin strategies of Prevention and Deterrence act to deny these two key ingredients of crime; the former strategy stops the criminal intent from being formed, while the latter denies opportunities for the criminal act to be realised. The final strategy of Detection is a mitigating strategy that reduces the damage resulting from the crime. :p

SPF : Our Pledge

We pledge to be loyal and true to the Police service and the Republic of Singapore.
We pledge to uphold the law, to protect life and property, to prevent and detect crime.
We pledge to discharge our responsibilities without fear or favour, regardless of race, language or religion.
We pledge to strive for excellence, to be proactive and to exercise initiative in our duties.
We pledge to serve our community and our country and to be courteous and humane in our dealings with every fellowman. :p

Mission FAILED. :rolleyes:

Pledge FAILED. :rolleyes:

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are not talking about fighting, but protecting themselves & their properties & not beating a hasty retreat...if these were TERRORISTS! instead of a drunken crowd in a alcohol stupor...ah neh's high on liquor..will behave like superman, batman, silver surfer, spiderman, transformer etc..all roll into on, plus spewing vulgarities & obscenities that put an entire ship of sailors to shame. View of the videos..you can see some throwing lighted beer bottles...in case, you do not know what they are usually called.."MOLOTOV COCKTAIL".. beers don't burn that fast...YOU GET THE POINT..

My point here is if policeman can't even fight when they take down their warrant card, you expect them to charge at a crowd of 400 rioters???

Yes, you're right.... SG can't handle terrorist, the only way the govt can do is to prevent.... I've said this to many of my friends around me...

SG can't afford to go to war, they can only prevent... Same for terrorist attacks!!!

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
lanjiao la cb kiah....you come crawling back to sinkapore from your cb hole in hk then come and talk lor.....

give commendation to a fucking bunch of clowns who run away....and was 1.5 hours late....and when they got there just stood there and watched the fires burnt out....

like that might as well give an award to all the cleaners who swept up the rubbish the morning after right? because thats why the fucking so called poodles did in the end right? after war over, go and and sweep up all the remaining ah nehs who were too drunk to run away......

lanjiao le kar understand!!!

Come on.... Don't come into this forum n advertise that your mother can do a GOOD BLOW JOB for her customers!!! Your mother's tongue is too old for me....

So, what you're trying to imply is that the riot was not brought under control by the SOC.... The rioters dispersed by themselves n the whole situation just resolve in it's own natural way, right???

No wonder you can only advertise how good you mother can do a blow job.... Pity your mum!!! Your mum should have give birth to a piece of Char Siew better than you... Ha Ha Ha Ha

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said.... Then first of all may i ask why no one here is praising the SOC since they were the one that brought the situation under control??? Instead all we can see is criticism for the way how the police retreated....

I do not fancy SGP police honestly, they are nothing compare to other countries police becoz Singaporeans are a easy bunch of citizens to handle unlike citizens from HK, Taiwan, China or even UK... But let's do the criticism with facts...

If the one that is running away is your son or your family members, would you still be saying that they are a coward or the way they retreated is unacceptable??? Safety first!!!

1. You expect 10 policemen to form a line to go against 400 drunks Indian without any rioting gear??? Even if the 10 policemen are able to charge into the crowd, what if they are being attacked from behind by beer bottles n so on???

Even PTU or SOC are trained to back up one another.... When the first platoon moves in, the 2nd platoon will wait behind in case of any attacks from behind.

According to what you say, the 10 policemen forms a line n charge at the rioters, who's is their back-up??? Even if the 10 policemen load their revolver full of ammo, there's only 60 bullets in all but the rioters numbers are 400. Before the 10 policemen can kill or arrest all of them, they would be killed from behind not forgetting that the riot is due to their own ppl behind killed. If the policemen start to fire shots n injured anymore of their own country ppl, what's the consequences did you ever think...

2. If you have not put yourself in the shoes of the policemen, then isn't it a bit too much just to put your own views n criticism in there when you're not actually on the actual scene itself.

3. Even commandos, rangers n navy seal works as a team. Rambo action are not welcomed in any uniformed group. If just becoz of one's Hero action that causes injury or death to your buddy that is on duty together with you, who's going to bear the responsibility??? You???

Shirking duties is running away without having any follow up actions. Even during academy training be it SGP police or HKG police, they are taught to call reinforcement once they are being out-numbered.

Even Navy Seals are trained to analyst situation n call for back up if necessary.

To be honest, even if you put a section of 7 person from the Commandos or Swat team at Little India that night, I doubt they will moved in....

To criticize is easy.... But if you're the one at the scene i can imagine you'll fled faster than anyone else....

A mob is not smart, a mob is only brave when they have the numbers in it. We are not dealing with a well-organised organisation intent on making war with the government, we are dealing with construction workers on their off day after having a feel drinks, who felt compelled to show their inner unhappiness after one of their compatriots died in a very ugly manner.

If your daughter or your family members were at the mob's mercy while the SPF decided to tactically retreat, would you still say retreat is acceptable and safety first?

1) They were equipped with rioting shields in their car and batons are standard issue. What more do you need, tear gas and rubber bullets? They could have charged, but if they were unable to do so, they could have stood their ground to show that they will mantain law and order. As we all can see from the pictures, they stood their ground, at least a good hundred of metres away from their vehicles.

2) So we should keep our mouth shut because we are not policemen so we have no place to talk? So next time if the police beat someone up, we also cannot say anything because we were not present? If I put myself in the shoes of the policemen, I will feel ashamed, because they cannot live up to the ethoes of the SPF.

3) I do not see the need to invoke comparison with elite military forces which has absolutely no connection to the matters at hand. This is a domestic issue, it should be compared with other police forces, not the top commando teams in the world. Furthermore, the commandos you mention are well-trained and have different rules of engagement, so your comparison doesn't make sense.

Nobody asked them to be rambo, we only asked them to stand their ground to show they were able to protect lives and property in the vicinity. Sadly, that was not the case, the ran so far away that the ah neh were uninpeded from burning ambulances and police cars.

I believe what they were taught in academy was find cover and call reinforcements, not run away to find cover, even beyond the effective range of their guns as the police have explained to us.

To run is easy, anybody can run, you can run, I can run, you tell me other than the wheel-chair bound, who cannot run? If all we needed we runners, why do we even need the police force, when any man on the street will do.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those involved will receive certificate of commendations, including the bus aunty for showing restrain & the bus driver will be charged for careless driving...6 months down the road...all will be forgotten & the ah nehs will be buying their "knockout" there...the buses will come & go at Hampshire/Race Course Road...& COI will come & go..it is a honest mistake, once in a 100 years thing...let us MOVE ON!

The same reasons given for MSK's escape will be used again.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So is hk14k, spawn of a worm crawling into his mother cunt , spewing out Roleks numbers?
He is hello kittied by me into my ignore bin.

Do that to him and spend your time here in bliss not having to see his shit

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

..... Why no one is praising the SOC when they were the one that brought the situation under control??? Many in here are just criticizing the way those normal patrol officers on how the way they retreat

Great that you brought up the SOC. In army terminology, the Quick Reaction Fore is the equivalent of the SOC. Key target locations are pre-identified and routes of advance are pre-planned. There must be at least 3 routes to each location.

The success of a mission depends primary on the time taken to reach the location. Pre-set time needed to travel from the base to each location are determined during training and a mission would be deemed to be a failure if the troop failed to reach the destination within the given time. Traffic jam is no excuse for delay as front scouts are sent to assess the route of advance while the men prepare to move off. If the shortest route is obstructed, the main body may even need to dismount 1 km away from the location. Depending on the state of readiness of the men, dismounting and moving to the location that is 1 km away can be easily achieved in 15 min. Moving a convoy into an obstructed road such as traffic jam will never be pardoned as this is the key consideration of the commander in deciding on the route of advance.

Last edited: