• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why serve NS or have SAF when we don't even have our own food supply?

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing I don't understand is

Many people support NS as a form of defense and deterrent against aggressors.
But in an event of a war or aggression, do we have sufficient food to last even 1 week? Do we have adequate farms to supply enough carbo and protein to keep our defenders fit?

Also, do we have enough water to hydrate the soldiers in the hot weather?
If we are fighting a war in the hot months, where are we going to get our water from? Desalination? Then where are we going to get Fossil Fuels from?

Why have an army when we cannot supply the most essential thing - food?

Big Wayang :mad:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
what took you so long to figure that out? :eek::eek::eek:

bro madmansg's mantra echoes through the walls of sammyboy forum... :p:p:p

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing I don't understand is

Many people support NS as a form of defense and deterrent against aggressors.
But in an event of a war or aggression, do we have sufficient food to last even 1 week? Do we have adequate farms to supply enough carbo and protein to keep our defenders fit?

Also, do we have enough water to hydrate the soldiers in the hot weather?
If we are fighting a war in the hot months, where are we going to get our water from? Desalination? Then where are we going to get Fossil Fuels from?

Why have an army when we cannot supply the most essential thing - food?

Big Wayang :mad:

The SOLE purpose of the large conscript army is not to deter or win a war against aggressors. NS men are CANNON FODDER to "CHIAM SEE TONG" (slow down) the enemy to give time for the elites to exit SINGAPORE.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SOLE purpose of the large conscript army is not to deter or win a war against aggressors. NS men are CANNON FODDER to "CHIAM SEE TONG" (slow down) the enemy to give time for the elites to exit SINGAPORE.

What elites! They all hold officer and general rank, they dare to run? :mad:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
so many people here but no one dare to reply ah :mad:

what are you talking about? i replied to your thread almost within 10 minutes after you first posted :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

i support neither military conscription nor NS for that matter and i've always maintained that military conscription is nothing but slavery and i quote from Einstein "it (military slavery) is an aberration of the human genome".

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I didn't have the choice at 18 but after NS, I refused to serve ICT by migrating :mad:

Good for you. After my full-time, I also left. I didn't migrate as in changing citizenship though. I simply kept renewing exit permits until they were also bored with me and dropped me out of the system.

Not everybody can be like us. Don't accuse them of being supportive just because they do reservist. They've got no else to go to and no choices to choose from.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, Singapore has almost 400,000 troops. More than our past master UK.

If they really want to defend SG, they need high precision anti-missile and anti-aircraft weaponry together with a strong navy/airforce, not a 400,000 strong sinkie citizen army. :mad:

Army is just for wayang in Sg :mad:

If they want to build credible defense, start from having a local source of food from building more farms. Without food, how do 3 million sinkies survive even 1 week? By eating combat ration?:mad:

Sg need 9 million packs of combat ration per day. They have meh? :mad:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they really want to defend SG, they need high precision anti-missile and anti-aircraft weaponry together with a strong navy/airforce, not a 400,000 strong sinkie citizen army. :mad:

They do need that 400,000 headcount. In fact, not enough actually.

How do you expect the tiny red dot to have so many BGs and MGs if the headcount is not there to form the minimum number of brigades, Divisions, Command, etc ? Serious.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal

How do you expect the tiny red dot to have so many BGs and MGs if the headcount is not there to form the minimum number of brigades, Divisions, Command, etc ? Serious.

They need so many generals just for show :mad:

At the end, we need more advanced weaponry. 1 missile can kill thousands of Malaysian or Indonesian troops. 1 sinkie warrior can kill how many? :mad:

Instead of paying Sinkie men to serve NS/ICT, they should use that $ to buy better weaponry from US and securing food supplies from US.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You're very bright and smart. That headcount is central to reclassing NSF completed from ROD (run-out date) to ORD (operational readiness). Otherwise, not enough headcount to justify so man colonels and BGs.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the prize of winning this land? Nothing... Japs invaded the neighbouring countries for its resources and they even bypass Thailand as the Tom Yam provided their forces a landing point.