• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cock-Up SAF

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SAF has recently issued new camouflage No 4 uniforms to many units. My son's unit was one of those issued with the new No4. But because of admin cock-up, my son's name was left out of the nominal roll and he was not issued the new No4.

His supervisor, a nice person, said that as he is going ORD soon, he doesnt get priority and to bear with it.

But at the recent Army Open House, he was scheduled for duties. And at the AOH briefing, he was told that all participants at the Army Open House must be in new No4. He highlighted his problem...that he doesnt have new No4. The organisers told him to, by hook or by crook, be dressed in the new No4.

He tried the e-mart, he tried Beach Road..but none were available as there is an all round shortage. There is just no new No4 available if he is not issued

It's instances like that that often frustrate NSFs and NSmen.

Can the SAF wake up?

Privpho

Alfrescian
Loyal
So since your son already tried, what's the issue?

Just have to inform those folks at the AOH that he cannot get his hands on the new uniform. Why not use this opportunity to avoid duty at the AOH instead of griping about the SAF?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just have to inform those folks at the AOH that he cannot get his hands on the new uniform. Why not use this opportunity to avoid duty at the AOH instead of griping about the SAF?

Do you think this is the right way SAF performs?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

The SAF can use orders and compel, unrighteously, an NSF to do his duties. But if that's the way it's forced on the NSF, the SAF is going to lose the heart of that NSF.

No commander worth his salt and rank would want that to happen

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can the SAF wake up?

Which unit your son is from?

Let me forward your frustrations to our Ministar of Defence.

Maybe they have problems with the shipments from China??

Many freight containers are in park positions?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you immigrant long ago, then your kid would not have to take the shit.

The SAF has recently issued new camouflage No 4 uniforms to many units. My son's unit was one of those issued with the new No4. But because of admin cock-up, my son's name was left out of the nominal roll and he was not issued the new No4.

His supervisor, a nice person, said that as he is going ORD soon, he doesnt get priority and to bear with it.

But at the recent Army Open House, he was scheduled for duties. And at the AOH briefing, he was told that all participants at the Army Open House must be in new No4. He highlighted his problem...that he doesnt have new No4. The organisers told him to, by hook or by crook, be dressed in the new No4.

He tried the e-mart, he tried Beach Road..but none were available as there is an all round shortage. There is just no new No4 available if he is not issued

Can the SAF wake up?

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SAF can use orders and compel, unrighteously, an NSF to do his duties. But if that's the way it's forced on the NSF, the SAF is going to lose the heart of that NSF.

No commander worth his salt and rank would want that to happen

It's the stupidity and incompetence of those at the top.

Actually it is the job of the so called nice person supervisor to sort it out. But it seems he was just too damn lazy to do it and now your son suffers.

To solve the damn problem just borrow one set from another fellow of the same size.

Do give the damn CO of his unit a phone call.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which unit your son is from?

Let me forward your frustrations to our Ministar of Defence.

Maybe they have problems with the shipments from China??

Many freight containers are in park positions?

There are few issues here..

1. Not enough new uniforms..(that's understandable and acceptable)
2. His superior says not to worry abt wearing the new No 4 as there is a shortage and he is going ORD soon, so the newer NSFs have priority. (that's also acceptable and understandable)
3. Putting him on duty and demanding that he gets new No 4 by hook or by crook is unacceptable esp when the clothing store doesnt have any new No4, e-mart doesnt have and Beach Rd doesnt have. (The better way is to excuse him from AOH as his is a valid reason, or to T-loan him the new No4)

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are few issues here..

1. Not enough new uniforms..that's understandable and acceptable
2. His superior says not to worry abt wearing the new No 4 as there is a shortage and he is going ORD soon, so the newer NSFs have priority. that's also acceptable
3. Putting him on duty and demanding that he gets new No 4 by hook or by crook is unacceptable esp when the clothing store doesnt have any new No4, e-mart doesnt have and Beach Rd doesnt have. (The better way is to excuse him from AOH as his is a valid reason, or to T-loan him the new No4)

Rather than rely on those usless turkeys better off to just borrow a set from one of his platoon mates.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue is not me or my son. The issue is the SAF

It's not surprising that SAF has this problems, like any organisation....even in blogsphere...

Individuals are not a group entity, unlike some country's social structure...they are individuals..sure have independent thinking...

Maybe they'll coordinate better when a war really comes?

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the stupidity and incompetence of those at the top.

Actually it is the job of the so called nice person supervisor to sort it out. But it seems he was just too damn lazy to do it and now your son suffers.

To solve the damn problem just borrow one set from another fellow of the same size.

Do give the damn CO of his unit a phone call.

I agree with you. It reflects very poorly on his unit supervisor and the other supervisor at the AOH.

Resorting to calling the CO wld solve my son's immediate problem but it wont solve the SAF's problem if the SAF is manned by bullies and duds

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal
its not the right way, its the normal way. U should know how the army operate unless u had not been in NS before. Just ask yourself, would the S4 branch tell the CO or those officers that they wont be issue new uniform as there are a shortage. Its just that your son is not in the so call command grp and is being push around now. Best thing to do is to call up the CO and ask him to wake up his idea

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not surprising that SAF has this problems, like any organisation....

Individuals are not a group entity, unlike some country's social structure...they are individuals..sure have independent thinking...

Maybe they'll coordinate better when a war really comes?

hahaha. if the SAF cant function well during peacetime, I dread their performance during the fog of war

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
its not the right way, its the normal way. U should know how the army operate unless u had not been in NS before. Just ask yourself, would the S4 branch tell the CO or those officers that they wont be issue new uniform as there are a shortage. Its just that your son is not in the so call command grp and is being push around now. Best thing to do is to call up the CO and ask him to wake up his idea

Thanks..see one of my replies above

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I agree with you. I dread if the SAF has to be called to truly perform and not wayang

I have seen enough to know that the SAF is a hollow and empty shell

ermmm...

can lend from platoon mate??

never mind name tag show diff name from IC lah.. :biggrin: who cares right..:biggrin:

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal
ermmm...

can lend from platoon mate??

never mind name tag show diff name from IC lah.. :biggrin: who cares right..:biggrin:

Why bother to do that? To me its like if you want me to do the job, then provide me with the right equipments & its the responsible of whoever ask him to particpate in the AOH to get it for him.