• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah Tiong taxi drivers?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Ah Tiong taxi drivers?</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>Bionix 25mm Gunner (grenadier999) <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>9:15 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 3) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>15799.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Took a SMRT cab last night, driver a 50+ english educated ah pek. Complain loud loud his hp got stolen by two PRC passengers. Then also complain that now SMRT totally clear of taxis in the workshop/holding area as now SMRT hired ah tiongs to drive. Ah tiongs will be pay $100 a day by SMRT, all he need is to bring back at least $150 fare for SMRT. No rental fee, diesel free. Whole trip listen to his complain that SMRT shortchange Sporeans while giving all the kangtao to PRCs.
Anyone working in SMRT care to comment that now ah tiong can drive taxi? i always tot taxi license only issue to citizens.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
SMRT replied, as long as Ah Tiong knows 3 words. Left, Right, Stop. He's is well qualified.

Does he needs to know more?:confused:

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
If ah tiongs were to drive our taxis, then our roads will become F1 circuits. KNN! Really our GLCs and govt is not wanting to take care of our citizens. All kangtao goes to the FTs. We die our biz.

Just heard fr a colleague. Not sure how true. There is a fatal accident along Geyland road. Near Lor 12. 10ft lorry turn turtle. PRC driver dies on the spot.
!&!!

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Under current LTA rules, all taxi driving licenses are protected for citiziens. If the PRC has licence that's because he has stayed here very long and got his citizenship

I think LTA should remove this retstriction and let anybody who can pass the road test, driving test, basic English test and landmark test to get a licence

Singaporeans are too protected. Bring in the PRCs to improve our stock

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Under current LTA rules, all taxi driving licenses are protected for citiziens. If the PRC has licence that's because he has stayed here very long and got his citizenship

I think LTA should remove this retstriction and let anybody who can pass the road test, driving test, basic English test and landmark test to get a licence

Agree. First on the list should be Sichuan sluts who love it in the arse by taxi drivers!....lol....lol

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Pek deserves it. He voted for this to happen from young.
Right now, he still drives for SMRT despite this happening,
so he is endorsing this directly.

"When they came for him, there was no one left to speak for him."
Serves him right.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really, to increase the quality of taxi service, including easy availability of taxis, the vocational licence must be open to foreigners.

There are many people willing to drive but cannot because they are not citizens. Maybe levy a small surcharge and see how it works.

Limiting the pool to citizens only results in very low standards now

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I know, taxi drivers in PRCs are making very good $$$. Unfortunately, their counterparts in S'pore are struggling to make ends meet.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really, to increase the quality of taxi service, including easy availability of taxis, the vocational licence must be open to foreigners.

There are many people willing to drive but cannot because they are not citizens. Maybe levy a small surcharge and see how it works.

Limiting the pool to citizens only results in very low standards now

PAP Dog pap talk?:confused:

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Policy is :

You complaint , I don't care you.
You complain again, I look for alternate source.
You complain to my boss again, I sack you and hire FTrash to work.

I think Singaporean need to learn how to keep your month shut in order to survive.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
the taxi drivers are treating as if it is their personal car,they rather wait in the tuas during the peak hours waiting for the phone call rather than to pick up customers on the road. if you dont believe me go to tuas lane area and trying flagging one of those aro\ound the area. once they see you, the drive off, you have to pay xtra $$ inorder to get on one of those.

golden

Alfrescian
Loyal
if this is true, than SMRT definitely flout the LTA rules on taxi licence..

only those who pass the test and issue a licence by LTA are allow to drive taxi.

why are the rest of the SMRT taxi drivers keeping quiet. gather the facts and and complain to LTA. if nothing is being done by LTA, than approach the opposition MP..if still nothing can be done due to coverup cases..

than the last choice is to hold a strike at honglim park with big posters and banners...

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal

you knn low grade stock! 走狗!呸!!!