• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Beer promoter jailed for hitting cabby

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
She raised her voice at a taxi driver who asked for directions and flew into a rage when he told her to stop being rude.

Beer promoter Huang Jia Jia, now 27, even smacked cabby Mok Sook Sheng multiple times while he was driving.

He was forced to pull over as he did not want to endanger other road users.

Huang, a Chinese national, was jailed for three weeks on Thursday (Aug 24) after she pleaded guilty to one count each of committing a rash act and causing hurt.

When she boarded Mr Mok's taxi near Lorong 25A Geylang at around 9.40pm on July 10 last year, Mr Mok noticed that she was intoxicated and her breath was reeking of alcohol as she sat in a rear passenger seat, the court heard.

When they reached Circuit Road, the cabby asked her for directions to her destination.

She raised her voice and replied: "Go straight... I can pay the fare, just go."

Deputy Public Prosecutor Andre Chong said: "The victim told the accused that she did not need to speak so loudly as she was in close proximity to him. He also asked her to talk nicely and not to be rude."

When she heard this, she began slapping the cabby's head and face several times.

Mr Mok, who was still driving the taxi, tried to dodge the blows but failed.

He was forced to reach behind him with his left hand to deflect her blows while using his right hand to steer the vehicle.

He also asked her to stop but his request fell on deaf ears and she continued hitting him.

"Fearing that other road users might be endangered, the victim brought the vehicle to a stop by the side of the road," said DPP Chong.

Mr Mok told Huang that he would be alerting the police. She responded by smacking his head one more time. Officers soon arrived at the scene and arrested her.

DPP Chong urged District Judge Brenda Tan to jail Huang for at least three weeks as she had been violent towards a public service worker.

Her lawyer, Mr Wee Hong Shern, pleaded for either a high fine or a three-week jail term.

He said there had been a misunderstanding and his client had raised her voice as she was then wearing her earphones.

For committing the rash act, Huang could have been jailed for up to six months and fined up to $2,500.

And for causing hurt to Mr Mok, she could have been jailed for up to two years and fined up to $5,000.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore taxi drivers are stupid bastards.
Why do they need to ask for directions?
you mean I pay you money and have to guide you how to reach my desired destination?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you mean I pay you money and have to guide you how to reach my desired destination?

No lah...I go alot of countries..the local drivers don't know everything...but in this day and age..got Google maps.. GPS..vauze etc..still need to ask directions? And for the elephant in the room....will this ah tiong date to pull such a stunt in ah tiong land with an ah tiong taxi driver?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal

If they clever, they won't be retrenched and cannot find job and then drive taxi.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No lah...I go alot of countries..the local drivers don't know everything...but in this day and age..got Google maps.. GPS..vauze etc..still need to ask directions? And for the elephant in the room....will this ah tiong date to pull such a stunt in ah tiong land with an ah tiong taxi driver?

Singapore is getting unsafe but nobody in PAP dare to say this.
we shall protect our bus drivers and taxi drivers. There must be safety partition and barriers to protect drivers so that passengers have no chance to beat up the drivers.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.... foreigners can land on Singapore shores and start beating up the local population........

That's how much ''progress'' we have made under pappy-that its becoming a regular thing.
In the Toa Payoh hawkers case its a Malaysian guy, now even foreign females are joining in.
Losing our jobs to foreigners not bad enough, now they even physically abused the locals!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There should be mandatory sentences for bashing up people,,,if there was one,,that bloody Taiwan bitch Qiao whatever would get her ass thrown into jail with Serina,,

we shall protect our bus drivers and taxi drivers. There must be safety partition and barriers to protect drivers so that passengers have no chance to beat up the drivers.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That shows that foreigners are not above the law. If you bully the local, you will get charged in court. You can get jailed. So, behave yourself when you are here.

We, locals, don't look down on foreigners coming in here and becoming beer promoters. So, please don't despise our local taxi drivers.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, Ah Tiong land has been touting its economic achievements etc etc,,and the country is the worlds 2nd largest economy,,they are doing well and getting wealthier each day,,why do they need to come to singkieland to be beer promoters,??,,in ah Tiong land can earn more,,,,and also if she is a pro,,can come to Australia,,there a lot of old and fat ATBs work as pros,,,and got customers from Ang mors as they don't mind,,,more mature women,,,and they have no taste at all,
Lanjiao cabby also act angelic la.
Likely a teeko looking to score a free fuck from drunk ATB.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact that foreigners can land on Singapore shores and start beating up the local population shows just how little respect the rest of the world has for sinkies.
Boss i feel your pain. I hope when the kiwis rough u, they use the l ky gel to lub yr arse

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

in response the onus will be on cab drivers to equip themselves with helmets, like this cab with helmet storage. onus will never be on foreigners as sg has lost control over them.

IMG_0114.JPG

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that if you are regular n order many beers every nite, the charbo promoter gives free fuggs
Anyone can vouch?