• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Do you need to give Ang Pow for Hari Raya Puasa ?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was invited by my Malay neighbors last year. While enjoying my makan (as I kind of love Malay food), I noticed the kids holding some small envelopes that look machiam our Ang Pow.

Do we have to give Ang Pow to our Malay friends when invited to their house for Hari Raya ?

Do they have a custom like our Chinese culture where only married couples can give red packets ? Or that only children are entitled to receive red packets ?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was invited by my Malay neighbors last year. While enjoying my makan (as I kind of love Malay food), I noticed the kids holding some small envelopes that look machiam our Ang Pow.

Do we have to give Ang Pow to our Malay friends when invited to their house for Hari Raya ?

Do they have a custom like our Chinese culture where only married couples can give red packets ? Or that only children are entitled to receive red packets ?

Not only individuals who are married, but any individual can make monetary gifts, in cash or cheque,
or nowadays, gift card(s).

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup. We welcome guest fm all races. Want to give $$ must be sincere. Dont give also no probm. We mat not $$ minded like Cry baby pig boooo Jah jamban.

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal

No need. Because our money is not halal to them.