• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sinkie speaking Chinese or Engrish

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I have to say that it has been a while since I spoke to the everyday man or woman on the street type Singaporean.

I have been so used to speaking to PRC's who speak fluent Mandarin and Hongkies who speak fluent Cantonese.

Today I encountered a sinkie at work! She cannot speak proper Engrish. But her Mandarin is peppered with Engrish words like "and then", "hor", but then", "something"

Man......it is so horrible to not be able to speak fluently in at least ONE language.

tsk tsk tsk...

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is uniquely sinkee. In sinkieland, mother tongues are treated as 2nd language and a foreign language is treated as first and official language. Hongkies would use cantonese among themselves even in their CBD. tsk!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Living in sinkieland you don't realize how awful sounding it is!

Sounds like a really uneducated person trying to communicate with halfbaked mix and match language! Terrible.

late 40s.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have to say that it has been a while since I spoke to the everyday man or woman on the street type Singaporean.

I have been so used to speaking to PRC's who speak fluent Mandarin and Hongkies who speak fluent Cantonese.

Today I encountered a sinkie at work! She cannot speak proper Engrish. But her Mandarin is peppered with Engrish words like "and then", "hor", but then", "something"

Man......it is so horrible to not be able to speak fluently in at least ONE language.

tsk tsk tsk...

There are 2 types of irritating sinkie speakings
1 is those you mentioned, every sentence need to insert words like "but then", "you know" mostly used by sinkie working females.
2nd type insert with "I was like what !" mostly used by fake amdk youngsters, students.

they should just stick to mandarin.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Living in sinkieland you don't realize how awful sounding it is!

Then I must say you haven't experienced the atrocious mandarin of some PRCs in Singapore. It's like some northern chink dialect masquerading as mandarin. Horrible!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Then I must say you haven't experienced the atrocious mandarin of some PRCs in Singapore. It's like some northern chink dialect masquerading as mandarin. Horrible!

I have experience some of that. But usually they come with their children who speak good Mandarin.

You must remember that over here, most PRC migrants are of upper class and can speak well otherwise how would they come here?

This sinkie lady is rare in Canada. Most sinkie speak well - English or Chinese.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

tsk tsk tsk...

Sinkie speaking Chinese or engrish ?
generally sinkies and sillypootins are speaking RUBBISH ,
and
particularly during parleement session.

when the train reaches their destintion station
one sinkie tells another : we go down here. :confused::confused::confused:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dont mind sinkies that only speak english and boycott mandarin,what ticks me off is those peasant or heartlander sinkies that clearly grew up in a chinese mandarin speaking family and went to neighbourhood schools and are half fug educated they speak that colloquial kampongish everyday conversational mandarin,but their mandarin vocabulary is so weak and mediocre and non existent so their conversations are interspersed and mixed with english words like "purple colour" or "yogurt" because its clear these fucking sinkies dont know the chinese vocabulary for it???

and once i had this group conversation with these PRC coworkers at a factory job,they started talking about SG and China politics and international affairs and their vocabulary blew my mind,the phrases and idioms and vocabular they used was astonishing,my god and these were fucking factory workers......my god when u listen to sinkies speak,their sentence structure is so simple even a 5 year old PRC kid can use more complicated words and sentences.

its so clear and obvious no matter how much formal education u put a sinkie thru,u can never get rid of the coolie genes.

Last edited:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are 2 types of irritating sinkie speakings
1 is those you mentioned, every sentence need to insert words like "but then", "you know" mostly used by sinkie working females. 2nd type insert with "I was like what !" mostly used by fake amdk youngsters, students.
they should just stick to mandarin.
hanor! (meaning agreed absolutely and i'm with you on this) :wink:
generally sinkies and sillypootins are speaking RUBBISH ,
and particularly during parleement session.

when the train reaches their destintion station
one sinkie tells another : we go down here. :confused::confused::confused:
shouldn't it be " we cum aready" :confused: