• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

We need more of this assimilation in sinkie

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
NATION

'I am not a convert, I am a Hui, a Muslim from China, and I speak BM fluently'​

By Nurul Sabrina Jamali
May 31, 2023 @ 12:11pm
The woman who only wishes to be known as Min, 27, is originally from Lanzhou, Gansu in China and she has impressed many with her fluent spoken BM, even with the northern, Kelantanese, and Terengganu lingo thrown in. - Courtesy pic
The woman who only wishes to be known as Min, 27, is originally from Lanzhou, Gansu in China and she has impressed many with her fluent spoken BM, even with the northern, Kelantanese, and Terengganu lingo thrown in. - Courtesy pic
KUALA LUMPUR: A woman who is originally from China and a Muslim from birth caught the attention of netizens recently for her ability to speak Bahasa Malaysia fluently.
The woman who only wishes to be known as Min, 27, is originally from Lanzhou, Gansu in China and she has impressed many with her fluent spoken BM, even with the northern, Kelantanese, and Terengganu lingo thrown in.

Min and her family have been living in Gombak since she was a little girl as her parents were furthering their studies at Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM) in 1990.

ADVERTISING

She revealed that her family are born Muslims and are of the Hui ethnic group in China.
MORE NEWS

"My parents were very interested in pursuing Islamic Studies but in China, it was difficult for them to do so there as the opportunity was limited.

"When my parents were offered scholarships to further their studies at UIAM, my parents did not bat an eyelid and immediately decided to move the family to Malaysia. My father had initially received an offer to further his studies in Libya but he was more keen towards Malaysia for its rich culture and heritage," she said when contacted by Harian Metro yesterday.
Min said that she lived in a housing area and community that was predominantly Malay, which helped her in her command of the Malay language.
In school, she made friends with everyone.

"Many of my friends are Malay, so I am very comfortable and at ease speaking BM when conversing with them.
"While I was in primary school, my teacher was shocked to hear me speaking BM. She thought that I was Malay.
WHAT TO READ NEXT

COLUMNISTS May 31, 2023 @ 12:10am
Financial markets gauging Turkiye's economic direction

LEADER May 31, 2023 @ 12:00am
NST Leader: Wasting courts' time

Load more
Min's story has garnered a lot of attention especially after she uploaded a video on TikTok where she spoke in BM, English and Mandarin fluently.
The video that was uploaded attracted the attention of many netizens who expressed their awe and amazement at her ability.
Min said many people commented asking all sorts of questions because they were obviously very curious.
"Until there were those who even asked me I was the result of a mixed parentage. And how I was able to accept and embrace Islam, and if my parents gave their blessings for me to convert to Islam.
"Many netizens have forwarded such questions and I am amused, entertained even. I'm fine with it," she said.
Min said that she had easily adapted to life in Malaysia.
"I eat just about anything, and I love durian, nasi kerabu, tempoyak, tomyam. I like hot and spicy food," she said.