• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Semb marine kicked out sti index.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
You look like a compulsive trader to me
I may be a gambler but I am not as compulsive as you :eek:

mai tu liao, loan some money lah, chiew
at most i let u kiss my ankle like this

18FAD382000005DC-3410618-Pope_Francis_pictured_today_overturned_centuries_of_tradition_th-m-18_1.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
i really worried a lot on semb marine, i have a lot semb corp. at least 100k. now paper loss 30%. cry also useless.
Cut yr losses and buy airline stocks? They seems to be doing well with low oil. Others are not as utilities such as electricity rates are not coming down.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cut yr losses and buy airline stocks? They seems to be doing well with low oil. Others are not as utilities such as electricity rates are not coming down.

Yeah, airlines have doubled their profit industry-wide. Just don't buy those who hedge their oil prices. Delta lost $4b, Cathay lost $1b hedging oil last year @ $91 per barrel and @ $85 per barrel this year, is also looking at massive hedging losses.. Even with airlines betting so big on oil, oil price remains low.. scary...

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really don't think you should be dumping money into random 'blue chips' for diversification.

Firstly, you don't look like you have the correct temperament, i.e. 1 stock drop 30% already freak out. Secondly you sound really clueless about the financial markets, in the long run you will just get eaten up by the sharks. If you are already quite old like 40 & above, my advice is not to continue like this.

For most people who have neither temperament nor knowledge, it is always prudent to spread out your money into a few bond and equity index funds. Short term wise hard to predict, but over the long term, i.e. 20-30 year time frame, it should return enough to cover inflation. The stock market is not the place for blur blur uncle/auntie to punt, most of my friends eventually kena makan by the big boys. Some straight away lose money like you, others enjoy few years of easy money before kapok, but in the end basically all end up either overall lose or make very little.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, airlines have doubled their profit industry-wide. Just don't buy those who hedge their oil prices. Delta lost $4b, Cathay lost $1b hedging oil last year @ $91 per barrel and @ $85 per barrel this year, is also looking at massive hedging losses.. Even with airlines betting so big on oil, oil price remains low.. scary...

Hedging cuts both way.....
But it does give predictably in the sense of a fixed cost. Sine fuel constitue if not the major part, or the 2nd in terms of an airline operating cost.

I believe SIA is doing pretty well in the low oil cost environment......

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Instead of using fundamentals & picking a sector to buy into. Does anyone take a shorter view & use chart reading to decide where to invest?

Chart reading is a skill but you can use it to invest in stocks, forex, ETFs,...

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of using fundamentals & picking a sector to buy into. Does anyone take a shorter view & use chart reading to decide where to invest?

Chart reading is a skill but you can use it to invest in stocks, forex, ETFs,...

Chart reading is an urban legend perpetuated by the get rich quick industry because it sounds so simple - identify a few treads, draw a few lines, give some cutesy pattern names and make money in the process. Professional traders do not do technical, at least not in the way laymen envision it being done. The same goes for fundamental, most people think being fundamental means calculating a few financial ratios and plonk in a few assumptions into a DCF model. That's kindergarten level analysis that will not do you any good.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really don't think you should be dumping money into random 'blue chips' for diversification.

Firstly, you don't look like you have the correct temperament, i.e. 1 stock drop 30% already freak out. Secondly you sound really clueless about the financial markets, in the long run you will just get eaten up by the sharks. If you are already quite old like 40 & above, my advice is not to continue like this.

For most people who have neither temperament nor knowledge, it is always prudent to spread out your money into a few bond and equity index funds. Short term wise hard to predict, but over the long term, i.e. 20-30 year time frame, it should return enough to cover inflation. The stock market is not the place for blur blur uncle/auntie to punt, most of my friends eventually kena makan by the big boys. Some straight away lose money like you, others enjoy few years of easy money before kapok, but in the end basically all end up either overall lose or make very little.

so now, what should i do? cut loss? a lot money there . or i just collect dividend to breakeven.
now drop so much, so sell or no sell also no different.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
if i holding well, few years can recover mah?
look at my buying price, i didn buy at high price leh.

Mr Garlic, and uncle uvwxyz. give some advice.

thank you

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok, 550k all in share. really
well, my semb corp average 3.7, not high. ended up. also lose lo

keppel corp i bought 6.5..see what price now

then ocbc, 9. dbs 16.8...

then ste 3.5

well. all add up. lose here lose there.

this half million is good enough for retirement.
why want to stress yourself for more yield?

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Airline stocks are subject to many events that can cause them to drop suddenly. They may look good at the moment due to the sustained low oil price but competition is also very cutthroat. Other factors that can cause loss of business and therefore fall in their stock price would include accidents, terrorism, diseases eg SARS and wrong management decisions.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Airline stocks are subject to many events that can cause them to drop suddenly. They may look good at the moment due to the sustained low oil price but competition is also very cutthroat. Other factors that can cause loss of business and therefore fall in their stock price would include accidents, terrorism, diseases eg SARS and wrong management decisions.

uncle, u think oil price will stay forever low? like gold?
2 years and still dropping. sianz

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if i holding well, few years can recover mah?
look at my buying price, i didn buy at high price leh.

Mr Garlic, and uncle uvwxyz. give some advice.

thank you

Share prices should go up over the longer term unless Temasek buys into it. Jokes aside, shares prices for blue chip usually rise over the long term unless the Company for some reason or other cannot compete. Having said that, if you bought whatever blue chip stock at its peak then it may take a very long time before it goes back or surpasses its previous level. For example , if you bought SIA at nearly $20 then you will have to wait for a long time before you can realise any gain.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Garlic

will oil price recover, then my keppel corp and semb corp will recover??

finger crossed. i see Semb marine Kena kicked out sti index stock. i am so shocked.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Share prices should go up over the longer term unless Temasek buys into it. Jokes aside, shares prices for blue chip usually rise over the long term unless the Company for some reason or other cannot compete. Having said that, if you bought whatever blue chip stock at its peak then it may take a very long time before it goes back or surpasses its previous level. For example , if you bought SIA at nearly $20 then you will have to wait for a long time before you can realise any gain.

i am worrying for oil related company, heng i buy blue lo. no penny