• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Another F@@KTard Useless 'Graduate' Sinkie Jobless & Waa Taking Many MCs

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Degree holder felt ashamed she is jobless for a year without any full-time job offer

Hi Gilbert,

I’m a degree holder and I am having difficulties finding a job which can offer me a salary of at least $2K. In fact, I’m actually having difficulties in getting interviews from the hundreds of job applications I have submitted. I have tried lowering my expectations and even applied for positions that are of O Level or Poly qualifications.

Here’s a little background: Back in 2014, I left my first full-time job after 3.5 years of service because I felt it was getting stagnant and I was not getting promoted despite my managers putting in good words for me (and me getting a degree). I was earning much lesser than my peers who are in the same industry, having similar qualifications. I decided to leave without securing another job first, thinking it would be a breeze to find another job. Boy, I was so wrong.

For almost a year, I didn’t get any job offer so I ended up doing odd jobs, freelancing and part-timing wherever I could until one of the directors called me back to cover a staff who was going on maternity leave. It was a 5-month contract and as much as the director of the department wanted me to stay, they did not have the head count to employ me. Nonetheless, another department manager wanted to hire me as one of his staffs was leaving.

However, the recommendation was rejected because the HR manager and CEO were not keen to have me on board again as a permanent staff due to my previous high record of MC (I have a medical condition and it’s stabilized but honestly, it didn’t affect how I carry out my tasks and responsibilities). So after the contract ended in June 2015, I was jobless again.

Meanwhile, I did some part-time work such as transcribing and relief tutoring to get by. One year has passed and I am still looking for a full-time job.

I’m on the verge of giving up since no matter how much effort I put in and how much I lower my expectations, nothing seems to work. This multiple periods of unemployment have also affected my social life. I cooped myself up at home and try not to go out as much as possible to avoid having people asking me about my current employment. I feel ashamed that as a degree holder with a job experience, I’m having a hard time getting employed.

I recently left my job which I worked for 1.5 months. I quit because I found out they were involved in unethical business practices. My fiancé and I often have quarrels and it has caused a strain in our relationship. My fiancé is puzzled as to why a degree holder like me is having such a hard time getting a proper job and it’s as though the fault lies with me.

I am at my wits’ end. I’m so desperate that I even resorted to applying for retail assistant positions. I’m even thinking of being a kitchen helper. It doesn’t matter anymore what the job is as long as I can earn enough to support myself and pay for my wedding expenses. I would really appreciate it if you could offer me advice or even job recommendations.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Jobless but not hopeless

Number of View: 1
0 0 0 New

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always thought the tutoring industry booms. She should change from freelance to ft..I don't know how to teach else this is the best path to go.

jw5

Loyal
I always thought the tutoring industry booms. She should change from freelance to ft..I don't know how to teach else this is the best path to go.

The number of tutoring centres are also increasing, together with licensed moneylenders, dental and medical clinics and "body improvement" centres, e.g. weight loss, hair loss, hair removal, skin improvement, etc. Unfortunately, they have replaced bookshops, and other retail outlets.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The number of tutoring centres are also increasing, together with licensed moneylenders, dental and medical clinics and "body improvement" centres, e.g. weight loss, hair loss, hair removal, skin improvement, etc. Unfortunately, they have replaced bookshops, and other retail outlets.

Yes but I think not saturated yet due to ever increasing dumb sinkie parents . 1 acquaintance live in semi d for opening a husband - wife tuition class

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What's stopping her from turning to whoring? She seems desperate enough to sink that low.

jw5

Loyal
Yes but I think not saturated yet due to ever increasing dumb sinkie parents . 1 acquaintance live in semi d for opening a husband - wife tuition class

This is one of the reasons you can conclude that most sinkies are impressionable and easily manipulated while some suffer from delusions of grandeur.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Degree holder felt ashamed she is jobless for a year without any full-time job offer

I recently left my job which I worked for 1.5 months. I quit because I found out they were involved in unethical business practices. My fiancé and I often have quarrels and it has caused a strain in our relationship. My fiancé is puzzled as to why a degree holder like me is having such a hard time getting a proper job and it’s as though the fault lies with me.

I did recruitment before for a few years and this is excuse is a classic red flag that this guy is bullshitting. I have heard so many stories from candidates who cannot properly explain why they suddenly 'resign' after a short while even without a job and the most common lie they give is to claim the company involve in unethical activities and they are too high moral to continue.