• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee "Opposition went against human nature"

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said the Government intends to honour its promise to work with Singaporeans and form a closer bond with the people, as he took a look back at the results of the GE2015.

When asked about his reaction to the outcome of the polls, which saw the People's Action Party returned to power with 69.9 per cent of the vote, PM Lee said he was "surprised and relieved".

But he would never use the word "vindicated" to describe his response, he added on Saturday at the Singapore Summit 2015. Dialogue moderator Piyush Gupta, chief executive of DBS Group, had asked PM Lee to pick among the three words of surprise, relief and vindication to describe his reaction.

Asked for an explanation of the outcome, PM Lee said: "We will study it carefully. Nobody anticipated it, so any explanations are made after the fact." But he added that it seemed that Singaporean voters approved of what the PAP government did over its past term.

During the hustings, the Opposition's narrative was that "the Government is doing well, vote for us to make them work even harder", he noted. This was a dangerous line of thinking which goes against human nature, he said, adding: "If your friend is nice to you, you're nice to him." That is the most straightforward way to develop the relationship between the Government and the people, and most Singaporean voters seemed to have agreed, he said.

Later, when asked if the poll results had validated the Government's shift to the left in social policies, PM Lee said that he does not see its policy direction as "more welfare or less welfare". Rather, he said that the Government tries to address specific sources of anxiety among the people, whether about housing, jobs or aspirations. Of these, aspirations are the hardest to meet, as once they have been met, new aspirations emerge, he noted.

At the dialogue, PM Lee also discussed international politics ranging from China's economy to political uncertainties in Southeast Asia and the ASEAN Economic Comunity, as well as trends in Europe and the United States.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"work with Singaporeans and form a closer bond with the people "
He did not say ALL -so could be referring to new citizens-rewarding them for voting for the pappy.
So its human nature to give preference to foreigners ?

The WP should ask in parliament how many new citizens voted in the election and their breakdown by constituencies.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PAP are sinkified nature and the stupid sinkies are sinkified too.. So that is the reason.. Self serving and greedy shit rot hand in hand together.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 70% did not get it right that a 2 parties system pushes the government to reveal and release statistic , figures and data for them to see the real pictures.

All they voted for is security, stable and money which they think they are making enough money.

In actual fact, these 70% are missing more money if they push for more open government to reveal data and statistic to make a better Singapore.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U are right nobody anticipated the outcome,not oppo,not sinkies,not even the PAP.the only conclusion is this is the biggest match fixing in the history of soccer even though I dont watch soccer,not even chow yun fatt can anticipate the outcome.I demand my wager of $5000 back!!!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This seminar was just LHL's way to appeal to the globalists and international banksters on why it should keep supporting the PAP regime.
His daddy used to do that too e.g. at the Council on Foreign Relations, at the Stanchart Forum etc.

For more clues, read the last paragraph of the article. We are fucked. Enjoy what you have voted for. :cool:

http://www.straitstimes.com/politic...narrative-in-ge2015-went-against-human-nature

At the dialogue, PM Lee also discussed international politics ranging from China's economy to political uncertainties in Southeast Asia and the ASEAN Economic Comunity, as well as trends in Europe and the United States.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
During the hustings, the Opposition's narrative was that "the Government is doing well, vote for us to make them work even harder", he noted. This was a dangerous line of thinking which goes against human nature, he said, adding: "If your friend is nice to you, you're nice to him." That is the most straightforward way to develop the relationship between the Government and the people, and most Singaporean voters seemed to have agreed, he said.

Pinky is laughing at WP. You PLP me also no use, I will still tekan you. Remember how Leon Pereira praised PAP to sky high during the program featuring Lawrence Wong and Denise Phua. You praise me thinking that with the praise I will pull my punches. :oIo:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinky is laughing at WP. You PLP me also no use, I will still tekan you. Remember how Leon Pereira praised PAP to sky high during the program featuring Lawrence Wong and Denise Phua. You praise me thinking that with the praise I will pull my punches. :oIo:

i pretty sure Pinky lee lacks the ability to recognise sarcasm or he is actually thick skinned enough to believe the PAP is doing a good job running the country,cause sure as hell no one believes that for even a second.

it is unfortunate for us that it is in Sinkies's human nature to be slaves in this constructed facade of a country and they dont even realise they are slaves to Singapore INC.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
i pretty sure Pinky lee lacks the ability to recognise sarcasm or he is actually thick skinned enough to believe the PAP is doing a good job running the country,cause sure as hell no one believes that for even a second.

it is unfortunate for us that it is in Sinkies's human nature to be slaves in this constructed facade of a country and they dont even realise they are slaves to Singapore INC.

Don't blame Pinky. Leon Pereira gave PAP credit on national TV. It's either Leon Pereira was being sarcastic or he didn't have enough backbone to be an opposition.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wanting diverse parliamentary representation is not against human nature. It's against sinkie nature. Only sinkies can be so kiasee.