• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why resign from District Judge at the age of 30?

YanDao

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tey Tsun Hang was appointed as a District Judge in 2002 despite his publications on the criticism on the legal system of Singapore in 2000 !
Thus , his current charges are not politically motivated unlike some who believed him !

To be a District Judge as the age of 30 is a remarkable achievement !
The BIG Question is :

At the PEAK of his career why did he leave ???
Could there also be something we didn't know?
WHO would want to leave a promising career UNLESS ......

Some wrongdoings and was asked to resign ?

YanDao

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The fuck with Darrine must be damn good that he will "hyperventilate" when just talking about it.

The sex-for-grades corruption trial against law professor Tey Tsun Hang was adjourned, after he suddenly slumped over while in the dock.

The hearing had just resumed after lunch.

Lawyer Peter Low, who is advising Tey as he conducted his own defence, told the court that his client was "hyperventilating".

Chief District Judge Tan Siong Thye allowed a brief adjournment until 3.30pm.

Tey who is on trial for corruptly obtaining gifts and sex from a 23-year-old student in exchange for improving her grades, said in court earlier today that a senior anti-graft investigator made a death threat against him.

Tey had earlier decided not to continue his cross-examination Mr Teng Khee Fatt from the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB).

He told the court: "Your honour, I don't feel quite well. I have no more questions for cross-examination."

Two female lawyers rushed to his aid during the break, with a damp cloth and medicated oil. They also helped Tey remove his lawyer's robe, which he had been wearing since the start of the trial earlier this month.

Tey remained seated in the dock with a handkerchief over his face, taking deep breaths into a plastic bag.

This is the ninth and last day of the trial.

Tey, 41, faces six charges of corruptly obtaining gifts and sex from former student Darinne Ko Wen Hui, in return for showing her favour in school.

The gifts include a $740 Montblanc pen, a $160 iPod touch and two tailored shirts worth $236.20. She also paid for a $1,278.60 dinner Tey hosted.

The court has heard that Ms Ko lost her virginity to Tey in his National University of Singapore (NUS) office on July 24, 2010, and that they had sex again there four days later.

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tey Tsun Hang was appointed as a District Judge in 2002 despite his publications on the criticism on the legal system of Singapore in 2000 !
Thus , his current charges are not politically motivated unlike some who believed him !

The BIG Question is :

EGGcellent, all my PAP IB colleagues are coming out of the closet. Banzai!

YanDao, you are not directing a movie OK. Even those directing historical movie include disclaimer that it is not based on actual facts and the discrepancies are A, B, C.

If my memory serves me right, what was contained in this link provided by Madam Tang before it was wiped out and replaced with a general list of academic staff is that Tey was transferred from District Judge to the Attorney General’s Chambers, then left to join Allen & Gledhill, the top law firm in SG, before joining NUS law faculty. I also read somewhere that the person who brought him in to NUS was none other than Chin Tet Yung, expert in the law of evidence, former dean of the faculty and a former PAP Member of Parliament. Why was he transferred? Was he Michael-Khooed? You do know who former District Judge Michael Khoo is and what was his reward for being fair to JBJ, do you?

I will leave it to the readers to decide for themselves whether the wiping out of Tey's CV from NUS website and the emergence of your post with factual inaccuracies are "co-incidental" or "CO-ORDINATED"!

As for your allegation that he was appointed DJ in 2002, whilst he wrote those critical articles in 2000, it is a blatant lie. All one needs to do is to go to Tey’s website and all his critical articles are there.

http://singaporeconsensus.wordpress.com/

The full list is below. I give you a clue hor, the numbers in brackets, they refer to the year of publication. So, all those articles critical of our judicial and political system were published from 2008 to 2010.

1. Confining the Freedom of the Press in Singapore: A “Pragmatic” Press for “Nation-Building”?, Human Rights Quarterly 30 (2008) 876-905;

2. Excluding Religion from Politics and Enforcing Religious Harmony – Singapore-style, Singapore Journal of Legal Studies [2008] 118-142;

3. Singapore’s electoral system: government by the people?, Legal Studies, Vol. 28 No. 4, December 2008, 610-628;

4. Singapore’s jurisprudence of political defamation and its triple-whammy impact on political speech, [2008] Public Law, Autumn;

5. Death Penalty Singapore-Style: Clinical and Carefree, Common Law World Review 39 (2010) 315-357;

6. Judicial Internalising of Singapore’s Supreme Political Ideology, (2010) Hong Kong Law Journal 293-336;

7. Criminalising Critique of the Singapore Judiciary, (2010) Hong Kong Law Journal 751-785

From the point of view of my, ahem I mean OUR masters, the last straw must be the book “Legal Consensus: Supreme Executive, Supine Jurisprudence, Suppliant Profession of Singapore", which was published a few months before his arrest and the description is available at this link: http://www.law.hku.hk/ccpl/pub/TeyTsunHang.html

YanDao, if you can make the last link disappear or alter its contents even though it is on Hong Kong University's website, I say your, ahem I mean OUR masters are truly powderful! Banzai!

Last edited:
M

Mdm Tang

Prof Tey under much Stress and Preessure these days ; good channces Prof Tey

can breakdown in Court and Trial prolong long long ...

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Imagine if America was a dictatorship. You could let 1 per cent of the people have all the nation's wealth. You could help your rich friends get richer by cutting their taxes and bailing them out when they gamble and lose. You could ignore the needs of the poor for health care and education. Your media would appear free, but would secretly be controlled by one person and his family."

"You could wiretap phones. You could torture foreign prisoners. You could have rigged elections. You could lie about why you go to war. You could fill your prisons with one particular racial group and no one would complain. You could use the media to scare the people into supporting policies that are against their interests."

I would be very proud to be the YanDao of the movie clip shown below. The price of freeedom is ETERNAL VIGILANCE.

[video=youtube;XUSiCEx3e-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUSiCEx3e-0[/video]

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
the fruits at nus is fresher, younger and juicer than those in the court? :biggrin:

'Allo, 'allo, you don't know how to read is it?

The YanDao took a post from Asia One website (subsidiary of SHIT Times) without verifying its truth and reposted it here as his own.

If you so excited and jealous, there are many other websites that you can go to. Even LKY knows that Playboy and Penthouse are now available on the internet.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No big deal to be DJ at age 30. Many others achieved that too. At 25 yrs young, these chaps join AGC. After 1-2 yrs, they may be posted out to be magistrate and shortly thereafter, DJ.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very few people actually bother to verify let alone read and understand

PAP propaganda is very pervasive. I notice that even the BBC is influenced by the PAP propaganda. If you want a more critical news source look at t Al-Jazeera. Unsurprisingly the PAP has banned news from Al-Jazeera:wink:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Asst Profs (and later Assoc Prof) receive more pay.

The BIG Question is :

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wonder does Tey roleplay judge / lawyers / accused wif his student fucks .... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

"Strip! I command thee to strip!" **takes gavel and knocks**