• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are we better off now than 5 years or 10 years ago?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again we go to the polls. Just want to check if we are better off today than 5 years ago or even 10 years ago. For myself I don't think I am better off, COE waiting to hit $100k soon, property prices record high, economy not so good, cost of living sibei high, more crowded, local environment also screwed up - construction here and there, MRT keeps breaking down....etc. Wow, get me a time machine back to the 90s!!!

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back then, OUR hard earned Cpf money were promptly returned to us at age 55.

Now they locked up to age 65 and beyond !:oIo:

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Again we go to the polls. Just want to check if we are better off today than 5 years ago or even 10 years ago. For myself I don't think I am better off, COE waiting to hit $100k soon, property prices record high, economy not so good, cost of living sibei high, more crowded, local environment also screwed up - construction here and there, MRT keeps breaking down....etc. Wow, get me a time machine back to the 90s!!!

that's progress lah. we are much much better now i think imho.:smile:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
One can decide and change your destiny, no matter how difficult it may be. For me, since 7 years ago, I had realized that I cannot compete against the PAPies because I foresee that they'll still be in power for another 2 decades or so. I therefore made an effort to "turn the table" so that I can make use of the political stability of Sinkie Land to my advantage. So, I can now say that life had been better for me as compared to 5 years ago, not that I like the ruling regime, but because I had foreseen and made the right change myself. One has to adapt to situations in order to survive.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One can decide and change your destiny, no matter how difficult it may be. For me, since 7 years ago, I had realized that I cannot compete against the PAPies because I foresee that they'll still be in power for another 2 decades or so. I therefore made an effort to "turn the table" so that I can make use of the political stability of Sinkie Land to my advantage. So, I can now say that life had been better for me as compared to 5 years ago, not that I like the ruling regime, but because I had foreseen and made the right change myself. One has to adapt to situations in order to survive.

Datok, Agree.

I also tried turning, but table fell on my head !:o

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10 years ago, 3+ mil population.

5 years ago, 4+ mil population.

Today, 5+ mil population.

We are worse off.

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
#4winners

congratulations!!! the political stability,despite all the warts and all, give many singaporeans the opportunity to make money!!! those who had missed the boat felt cheated and therefore they feel vengeful and angry...and of course, they are now much poorer!!! esp those who did not purchase any house/flat at all....they die standing and many have to resort to hitting the government behind their pc in their hideout somewhere in the cave!!! i think tonychat felt cheated!!!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Datok, Agree.

I also tried turning, but table fell on my head !:o

Don't give up. Try again, especially if time is still on your side. Take it as a challenge for yourself and your family as well. I know it may not be easy, but you'll find much satisfaction if you succeed. Even if you don't, you can convince yourself that at least you've tried and not wasted your earlier years.

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

life has changed. you've become richer.no need to use your cpf. so you can use them at 65 or 85 lah. in fact many singaporeans are so rich they don't even bother about their cpf. if you depend on your cpf for your retirement, you are an utter failure!!!

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10 years ago, 3+ mil population.

5 years ago, 4+ mil population.

Today, 5+ mil population.

We are worse off.

10 years ago : Can sit during MRT rides
5 years ago : Can stand during MRT rides
Now : Can't even find space to fart during the rides.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
life has changed. you've become richer.no need to use your cpf. so you can use them at 65 or 85 lah. in fact many singaporeans are so rich they don't even bother about their cpf. if you depend on your cpf for your retirement, you are an utter failure!!!

This quote is very similar to what Boss Sam would have said, or are you his clone?

Last edited:

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you should retire with your own savings and financial investments.

if you retire and depend on your cpf savings, then you have failed.

cpf is a form of bonus and allowance for you to limkopi only when you retire.

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This quote is very similar to what Boss Sam would have said, or are you his clone?

Boss Sam is a successful business man. Me little kitten cannot compare with Boss. He is a mighty man with foresight and hindsight. Me,look at me? About to vanish from the surface of the earth.Some people hate kittens and cats and they can't accept it when they are rebutted by our claws! Hahhaaaa!!! Ready to disappear any time now....byeeeeeeee

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yeah la, yeah la, you clever boy lah ...:rolleyes::o

thank you. you love cat i can see that. don't worry lah. your cpf is safe - as solid as the rock of gibraltar!!! your money is very secured and earning interest.don't worry. your money will not disappear UNLESS you vote in a rogue governance....haha

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thank you. you love cat i can see that. don't worry lah. your cpf is safe - as solid as the rock of gibraltar!!! your money is very secured and earning interest.don't worry. your money will not disappear UNLESS you vote in a rogue governance....haha

yeah la, yeah la, you clever girl lah ..:rolleyes::o

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many agreed that the CPF-Life is a scam and booby trap.
Why many Singapore Citizens are very angry ? Because their CPF Money is locked-up and detained by the PAP until 65 years old OR FURTHER at the whims and fancies of the PAP.Please remember tomorrow they can just extend the withdrawal date to 70 or 75 without any consultation with the CPF members. WE WANT OUR CPF MONEY NOW FOR OUR SURVIVAL .DO NOT TELL US TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER 10 YEARS TO WITHDRAW OUR CPF MONEY AT 65,SOME MAY BE DEAD BEFORE 65.
THERE MUST BE AN OPTION TO OPT OUT OF THE CPF-LIFE PLAN.