• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Christmas and New Year

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all, whatever your belief might be or none at all...have a good time be happy and don't worry......:smile:

Last edited:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, thank you.

Each of us have a spirit as in happy mood or good spirits even if an individual does not believe in God and/or soul and/or spirit.

For those not celebrating, enjoy the day(s) off.

Sir,

It should be each of us has.........

For I believe each of, each one of and every one of take a singular verb.

Merry Christmas.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those staying in cold area .. Do not on the heater until morning when sleeping .. If not too dry ..sure have sore throat . Set a timer to your heater :wink:

It depends how cold it is, and the type of heating system.

Most residents in Canada have their central heat turned on throughout the season from about late Oct to mid or late April.
Those without access to natural gas, will have to rely on electric heat, or some would rely on wood stoves.
Otherwise, most people have gas furnaces - gas forced air, although there are still quite a few who use a boiler which heats the water to circulate the radiators throughout the house. We use gas / boiler / water radiator because it is not as dry as forced air gas (which causes the skin to dry and itch).

Most people set their thermostat at about 20 to 22C.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Most residents in Canada have their central heat turned on throughout the season from about late Oct to mid or late April.
Those without access to natural gas, will have to rely on electric heat, or some would rely on wood stoves.
Otherwise, most people have gas furnaces - gas forced air, although there are still quite a few who use a boiler which heats the water to circulate the radiators throughout the house. We use gas / boiler / water radiator because it is not as dry as forced air gas (which causes the skin to dry and itch).

I set mine at 22, turn it on around end of November, no snow so far pretty good, hopefully it last till end of february......pipe dream........:smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
For those who believe:

May God be ever near to you
and fill your heart with song
May He grant you a joyous Christmas
and Bless you all year long.

For those who do not believe:

Enjoy the festivities, warmth and generosity of friendship.

Good health brother Charlie99,
May the Love, Peace and Good Tidings of the first Christmas with you and your family throughout the new year.

Thank you for your greetings

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thanks to KFC and Japan's lack of turkeys, fried chicken has become a traditional Japanese Christmas dinner. In recent years, thanks to the marketing prowess of the folks at Kentucky Fried Chicken, the Christmas Chicken Dinner has become quite popular. Many Japanese even make reservations for their "Christmas Chicken" ahead of time. People line up at their outlets to pick up their orders. As a result of KFC's brilliant advertising campaign, most Japanese now believe that Westerners celebrate Christmas with a chicken dinner instead of the more common ham or turkey.

Meri Kurisumasu bro

One thing I don't understand and wonder how it originated - 中秋节 during the mid-autumn moon cake festival its a Japanese tradition to have BBQ, Taiwanese practise this too.

And this picture is for you, fried chicken, Merry Christmas Drifter.

img_3639.jpg

Jim Dandy's Fried Chicken (LA) - this is like the best fried chicken in my life
(image taken from google)

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I set mine at 22, turn it on around end of November, no snow so far pretty good, hopefully it last till end of february......pipe dream........:smile:

I set mine at about 20C, and turn it on when the overnight low is around 5C in late October.

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good health brother Charlie99,
May the Love, Peace and Good Tidings of the first Christmas with you and your family throughout the new year.

Thank you for your greetings

Brother [joetys],

Wish you a successful and satisfying (or a few may say "sextisfying") year in 2013.
Stay well, continue to enjoy a variety of the delicious food which you have posted.

EagleRanger

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When there is world peace, any festival can be celebrated with joy and happiness, because the human race can be like one big family.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wishing you folks,
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

PEACE for your soul,
JOY for your spirit,
LOVE for your heart.

Good health throughout the New Year.

Peace, joy, love, good health throughout the years for each and everyone. Have a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year! :biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my x'mas wish: hope bros here soon soon heng heng, and as for me, get the hell out of sinkieland as soon as possible...:o

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wishing you folks,
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

PEACE for your soul,
JOY for your spirit,
LOVE for your heart.

Good health throughout the New Year.

Early merry Christmas and happy new year brother. May you and your family enjoy good health and happiness. Cheers :smile:

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
X'mas is a time of charity and reconciliation. Please share your fruits with your loved ones and also donate to worthy causes.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Over here , we use gas ... I set the thermostat at 22 . I really hate morning , very cold . Last time my toilet bowl no heater , want to pangsai also must think twice to seat on the toilet bowl .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One thing I don't understand and wonder how it originated - 中秋节 during the mid-autumn moon cake festival its a Japanese tradition to have BBQ, Taiwanese practise this too.

And this picture is for you, fried chicken, Merry Christmas Drifter.

img_3639.jpg

Jim Dandy's Fried Chicken (LA) - this is like the best fried chicken in my life
(image taken from google)

Meri Kurisumasu bro , I think the reason why Taiwan also celebrate some festival of Japan because they are near each other .. So maybe Kena influence .