• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another cyclist killed by 36 yr old PRC truck driver

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come news never report nationality of driver har? Furthermore, an arrest was made. Cannot be suspect no nationality right?

Or selective reporting? Sinkees report name, ft no report name?

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come news never report nationality of driver har? Furthermore, an arrest was made. Cannot be suspect no nationality right?

Or selective reporting? Sinkees report name, ft no report name?

Bro Chon, very likely you are right about those selective reporting. The prostitutes have been doing that for a long long time. But most dafts failed to pick it up. Smart chaps hang around SBF & TRE!! :smile: :wink:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
have compassion if you see these cyclists, many of them are old uncles trying to save some bus fares.

Bro toolanliao, this is one of the best statement made on this thread. :smile:

Have compassion, give way a little, add a little patient - these will go a long way and will add on to one's good karma. Everybody will be happier and better off. :wink:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cyclists should just keep of the road, Roads are for cars,,

being a cyclists is like some chap going to a cheap prostitute in deskar road, having unprotected sex and complain kenna aids. Dont want to get aids, dont do raw,,,or even better dont go to prostitutes.

So cyclist dont want to get killed by cars,,,dont cycle on the road and cycle only in cycle friendly areas, But what is best is dont cycle,,dont be a nusience, cyclists want to kill themselves its fine, but dont get others into trouble. No one force cyclist to cycle...they can walk, take bus or be safe and use those cycle exercise machine..

Cyclists are inconsiderate and think all cars should give way to them, they treat the roads like their grand father road and cause heaps of traffic problems and accidents..I think the laws need to be fully enforced to charge cyclist for causing problems,,dont see why car drivers face more severe penalties

PAP has never been sympathetic to cyclists and pedestrians. Many killer drivers got off with a small fine, while small time drug couriers got hanged.

Errant drivers should be fined according to their annual income and/or make of car, plus long jail terms. Current law has little deterrant effect on rich men, inclucing PAP lackeys

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where in the report says PRC?

I thought I was the only one that could not find PRC in the report.

Can anyone point out where in the report says PRC?

I think TS made the deduction that all truck drivers and bus drivers are from PRC.

Making assumption, without knowing the ethnic of the driver cool....give the man a bottle of Arak

TS could be one of pap ib, out to discredit online forums. It will help form impression that online forums are unreliable, and thus only the Braddell brothel can be trusted.

I learned about the identity of the driver at the decease's wake.

Am terribly disappointed by all you twits incapable of showing some intelligence like Bro chonburifc who questioned why the Prostitute Times dare not reveal the driver's identity.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they do have to get on the roads, then, yes, your advice is well said.

I was told of one accident some years ago of a racing cyclist riding his bike at night in the east coast area. He slammed into the back of a stationary trailer and died on the spot. Now, if he had kept his head up, instead of down - as is the tendency of racing cyclists - he could have spotted the trailer. Equally, a driver of a motorised vehicle with proper headlights would have spotted the trailer.

Accidents happen to various road users. But chances of a catastrophic accident happens disproportionately to those who are far more exposed to the elements.

This chap was only 28 years old and it was his first ride with our group that morning.

After 35 kms of fast ride, he was dropped by the group and being inexperienced he tried to catch up, but I guess he was too tired to be aware of the stationery truck
parked along the Changi Coastal Rd which he slammed onto.

The accident took place at 7.45 am and he was killed on the spot.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
This chap was only 28 years old and it was his first ride with our group that morning.

After 35 kms of fast ride, he was dropped by the group and being inexperienced he tried to catch up, but I guess he was too tired to be aware of the stationery truck

Thank you for sharing and giving an exact account. I heard of the story, word-of-mouth, a couple of years ago.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cyclists should just keep of the road, Roads are for cars,,

being a cyclists is like some chap going to a cheap prostitute in deskar road, having unprotected sex and complain kenna aids. Dont want to get aids, dont do raw,,,or even better dont go to prostitutes.

So cyclist dont want to get killed by cars,,,dont cycle on the road and cycle only in cycle friendly areas, But what is best is dont cycle,,dont be a nusience, cyclists want to kill themselves its fine, but dont get others into trouble. No one force cyclist to cycle...they can walk, take bus or be safe and use those cycle exercise machine..

Cyclists are inconsiderate and think all cars should give way to them, they treat the roads like their grand father road and cause heaps of traffic problems and accidents..I think the laws need to be fully enforced to charge cyclist for causing problems,,dont see why car drivers face more severe penalties
Your logic and argument are flawed on so many levels.

First, you can easily replace cyclist with motorcyclist, and even small car drivers in your entire argument. Then the question becomes, what is the minimum size of vehicle to be allowed on road? Only the larges lorries and trucks, I presume? Eventually only the richest men who can afford the biggest and toughest trucks can be allowed on the road. This is the PAP logic.

Next, only a minority of cyclists are a danger to themselves on the road, as otherwise most of cyclists would be dead or maimed by now. Just because I came across a few bad drivers, I don't condemn the entire driving population. Your sweeping statements display your flawed character as well as intelligence.

For your info, many cyclists are drivers too. Cycling is a hobby and a way to reduce pollution because there is no need to lug along a one ton car just for a spin to buy bread or supper.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I said before cyclists are inconsiderate and should stay of the roads,,,they can drive ferraris for all i care during their day job,,if cycling for recreation,,,than cycle in the parks or cycling friendly area,,why cycle and hog the roads? there should be a law banning cyclist from the roads,,

Your logic and argument are flawed on so many levels.

First, you can easily replace cyclist with motorcyclist, and even small car drivers in your entire argument. Then the question becomes, what is the minimum size of vehicle to be allowed on road? Only the larges lorries and trucks, I presume? Eventually only the richest men who can afford the biggest and toughest trucks can be allowed on the road. This is the PAP logic.

Next, only a minority of cyclists are a danger to themselves on the road, as otherwise most of cyclists would be dead or maimed by now. Just because I came across a few bad drivers, I don't condemn the entire driving population. Your sweeping statements display your flawed character as well as intelligence.

For your info, many cyclists are drivers too. Cycling is a hobby and a way to reduce pollution because there is no need to lug along a one ton car just for a spin to buy bread or supper.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So its the cyclist fault for hitting a stationary vehicle lah,,,do not forget,,hitting stationary vehicle means the one that hit the vehicle is fully wrong hor,,,

if a car hit the stationary vehicle,,,the crime is by the moving vehicle,,dont see why any sympathy should be shown to this cyclist for hitting the stationary vehicle

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal
I said before cyclists are inconsiderate and should stay of the roads,,,they can drive ferraris for all i care during their day job,,if cycling for recreation,,,than cycle in the parks or cycling friendly area,,why cycle and hog the roads? there should be a law banning cyclist from the roads,,

Cycling tracks in the parks are built for Aunties and Uncles riding market-bikes.

It would be suicidal for recreational cyclists on road-bikes who can go as fast as 50 kph to ride in the parks.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
You argue without logic. Just because you saw a few bad cyclists, you think all cyclists should be banned from road. Then banned all motorists and motorcyclists too since there are no lack of examples of bad drivers, and that they can easily get killed on the road too by even bigger vehicles.

And ban all pedestrians from crossing the road too, with your moronic logic.

Sirius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cycling tracks in the parks are built for Aunties and Uncles riding market-bikes.

It would be suicidal for recreational cyclists on road-bikes who can go as fast as 50 kph to ride in the parks.

Why would road-bikes be riding in the park? Park bike tracks are meant for kiddie bikes.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I learned about the identity of the driver at the decease's wake.

Am terribly disappointed by all you twits incapable of showing some intelligence like Bro chonburifc who questioned why the Prostitute Times dare not reveal the driver's identity.

This knowledge should be declared in the starter post. Otherwise cannot blame bros here for taking it as an assumption. Was Bro Chonbrurifc also at the wake? Quite unlikely to come all the way from LOS. So Bro Chon is also assuming the origin of the driver?

Last edited: