• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAQ on the Reputation System

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi all

Here is the guide on how the rep system works.
if you have any questions on the rep system. Do post in this thread..

9. Above 700 points, Infraction power kicks in.

Questions on the above...

1. What is the purpose of giving Infractions when there is no penalty and why give not one but 10 Infractions in one go? Infractions given should be a deterrent to the offender.

2. Why those with InfP can reverse Infractions given by others? This makes a mockery of the Infraction system.

3. Some members are giving out infractions for the slightest reasons.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
6. Reputation spread figure is 365 which means you have to give reputation to 365 other members first before you can vote for a particular member again.

This rule is absurd. 365 people! That's way too much. I can't even reward good posting these days because of this draconian rule.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gone to extremes. On deserving posts, hard to come by too ..daily for year's cycle? Hopefully, this gets reviewed

It's a temporary measure to stop the rampant abuse. Gotta get rid of clones first for it to work decently.

Last edited:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Questions on the above...

1. What is the purpose of giving Infractions when there is no penalty and why give not one but 10 Infractions in one go? Infractions given should be a deterrent to the offender.

2. Why those with InfP can reverse Infractions given by others? This makes a mockery of the Infraction system.

3. Some members are giving out infractions for the slightest reasons.

I agree on that. Posted something in another thread but let me link it here again as i think it's relevant:

It really comes down to the infraction categories leaving to much room for interpretation. Just look at some of them:

1. Insulted Other Member(s)
2. Displaying excessive ignorance and/or stupidity
3. Rude

You might as well remove those three because nobody takes them seriously as they are very subjective. Add one for vulgarities instead. Clear cut.

Sam or some super moderator(s) to review and confirm these infractions. Some sort of ban hits when a certain number of confirmed infractions are accumulated. A 'reverse infraction' function will be obsolete.

Another way to confirm those infractions is to let Inf members vote on them e.g. 10 votes needed for the infraction to take effect.

Last edited: