• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Friend Jocelyn

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i m certain..but i am blessed and i dont have to work if i dont want to. so if i migrate, it's not for myself but for my descendants

I understand that you are making a choice not for yourself but for your descendants. But just remember, your offsprings have no choice in any of these but it will affect their entire life. So this choice of yours have to be taken seriously. I note that you have already decided on this, so good luck to you.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand that you are making a choice not for yourself but for your descendants. But just remember, your offsprings have no choice in any of these but it will affect their entire life. So this choice of yours have to be taken seriously. I note that you have already decided on this, so good luck to you.

if i remain in SG, I am also making a choice for them. like i said, when they are minors, i will make choices for them based on what i think is best. but when they are adult, they are free to make their own choices.

Balancemind

Alfrescian
Loyal
Havent u been updated on the latest on Susan?

"SINGAPORE: Surgeon Susan Lim has filed an appeal to the High Court, against the punishment meted out by the Singapore Medical Council (SMC).

Channel NewsAsia understands the SMC has ruled that Dr Lim be suspended from practice for three years, fined S$10,000 and censured in writing.

Channel NewsAsia understands she was found guilty of 94 charges of professional misconduct in July.

The case revolves around overcharging the late sister of the Brunei queen.

Dr Lim's bill for treating Pengiran Anak Hajah Damit over seven months came up to S$25 million.

The patient died of cancer in 2007.

Dr Lim's case has been in the spotlight since 2010, when Singapore's Health Ministry filed charges of professional misconduct with SMC.

Dr Lim's lawyers told Channel NewsAsia in a statement that they would present submissions to the Court on the errors of law and of fact committed by the Disciplinary Committee in reaching its decision.

They want the court to reverse the decision in its entirety.

Channel NewsAsia understands the case will be heard in the second week of January 2013.

- CNA/ck "

I guess as much, lady. Everything pointed to that saga of having the late sister of the Sultan as her patient which she billed and they paid until that rich patient goes home to Allah and then they begin to dispute the billing. Like that how can? Tio Bo. Then they tarik string here and got Susan in the mess she nows in. Lady, only a proper legal tribunal in the form of the Courts have the power to convict a person. SMC do not have that legal power of convicting at all. Their status is no better than a discpline master or mistress you may have encounter whilst you were in school. Do not understand how such established media CNA could used such heavy terms like 'convict' and 'professional misconduct' machim as if the merit of the saga has went through the requisite legal process through the Courts. "Conviction" is a term normally associated with offences under the Penal Code when an accused faces the Public Proscutors before the Judge in a trial. SMC can only do a finding and decide the punishment they think proper within the norm of their profession which can be challenged in Court anyway for the appropriate ruling on the act of professional misconduct at law. This whole saga has been sensationalise until common folk like us get confuse of the whole matter. This is exactly the ploy of the miw has employed and they have played out the citizens many times using this method on issues that could well be very straight forward but somehow got muddle up in the process. Woffle Wu's case is the latest example. That man should be properly charged for misleading the State under the Penal Code but do not understand how he was channel to face the speeding offence under the Traffic Offences Act. The keyword is "dishonesty" but it has been hook wink until like do not know what it looks like and WW got a $1,000.00 fine and came out smelling like a rose. That's justice Singapore style. So I hope you keep an impartial mind and not to jump to conclusion as to the guilt of Susan as we do not know what actually was agreed upon between her and the Sultan. I suspect they are doing everything to ensure that the Sultan will not be put on the witness box to be crossed examin by Counsel on what was the real deal that has been strike between the parties. It will be nice to have the Sultan and members of the Royal family be subjected to the due process of proceeding to determine the truth of the matter. Until than it is unfair to just pass judgement on Susan. Think about that if you were in her shoe how would feel when your Counsel has no opportunity to cross-examin the Sultan and the Royal family on what has been agreed upon. :smile:

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess as much, lady. Everything pointed to that saga of having the late sister of the Sultan as her patient which she billed and they paid until that rich patient goes home to Allah and then they begin to dispute the billing. Like that how can? Tio Bo. Then they tarik string here and got Susan in the mess she nows in. Lady, only a proper legal tribunal in the form of the Courts have the power to convict a person. SMC do not have that legal power of convicting at all. Their status is no better than a discpline master or mistress you may have encounter whilst you were in school. Do not understand how such established media CNA could used such heavy terms like 'convict' and 'professional misconduct' machim as if the merit of the saga has went through the requisite legal process through the Courts. "Conviction" is a term normally associated with offences under the Penal Code when an accused faces the Public Proscutors before the Judge in a trial. SMC can only do a finding and decide the punishment they think proper within the norm of their profession which can be challenged in Court anyway for the appropriate ruling on the act of professional misconduct at law. This whole saga has been sensationalise until common folk like us get confuse of the whole matter. This is exactly the ploy of the miw has employed and they have played out the citizens many times using this method on issues that could well be very straight forward but somehow got muddle up in the process. Woffle Wu's case is the latest example. That man should be properly charged for misleading the State under the Penal Code but do not understand how he was channel to face the speeding offence under the Traffic Offences Act. The keyword is "dishonesty" but it has been hook wink until like do not know what it looks like and WW got a $1,000.00 fine and came out smelling like a rose. That's justice Singapore style. So I hope you keep an impartial mind and not to jump to conclusion as to the guilt of Susan as we do not know what actually was agreed upon between her and the Sultan. I suspect they are doing everything to ensure that the Sultan will not be put on the witness box to be crossed examin by Counsel on what was the real deal that has been strike between the parties. It will be nice to have the Sultan and members of the Royal family be subjected to the due process of proceeding to determine the truth of the matter. Until than it is unfair to just pass judgement on Susan. Think about that if you were in her shoe how would feel when your Counsel has no opportunity to cross-examin the Sultan and the Royal family on what has been agreed upon. :smile:

wahh...very hard to read your post

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
i m certain..but i am blessed and i dont have to work if i dont want to. so if i migrate, it's not for myself but for my descendants

i hv been travelling frequently and extensively. i enjoy my lifestyle

i guess to each his own..as for me, my hubby and I hv made up our minds to migrate shd we have children.

if they choose to come back when they are adults, we will also give them our blessings
The more you say, the more you sound like a "tai tai". Don't need to work, has the choice to migrate but "considering" because of children. Why don't you plan ahead a bit more. Migrating takes a longer time then having kids. Think of the list of things you have to do to move away from Singapore, settling in a new country, finding new friends, getting used to the culture etc. A change of environment may also help with the conceiving part as well. Perhaps after you have migrated you would have conceived due to a different environment. Why not work things out in a proper manner. I'm sure they can easily find a replacement for whatever you are doing. Heaps of girls with good looks and proper grooming I'm sure.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even million dollars salaries must be earned or out they go.

Oh, sorry to interrupt your nice conversation with TracyTan. But I could not help disagreeing with your statement.

A case to point: Wong Kang Seng. After that limping man walked away, he continued to draw his multi-million salary till his term ran out. Dispite all that, he is currently enjoying his fat pension.

Err, maybe this is not a good enough example. What about Ho Ching of Temasek Holdings? Temasek Holdings has so much misadventure with their investments resulting in those huge losses under her charge and yet she continues to draw her million dollars salary. Even now.

Perhaps a qualifying phrase such as "With exception of Singapore's ministers and senior civil servants,..." would help.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You said you do not need to work. How is it? Can your children be as fortunate?[/QUOTE]

Hi Fook Seng,

Having been in SG and now in Oz, short answer to your question in bold - YES in Oz and NO in SG.

In Oz, we have decent interest rates for savings account. Currently more than 5% and is more than current inflation. So living on interest in Oz is doable. BTW, just a few years ago, interest rates was as high as 9%+.

In SG, with 5% inflation, it is a few times more than what banks interest rates could offer. With less than 1% interest rates available in SG, it is impossible to live on interest rates.

Put some decent money into a Trust and there you go... children can be as fortunate.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I ran a business in Sydney and I could write a thick book on the number of cheating, lying, conniving white OZs that I've crossed swords with over the 10 years I was there. They may smile a bit more but they're hustlers at heart.

Hey boss, what business were you at the last time that has so much (uncountable) bad hats around? Is it related to / connected with the main business of the other site you own? People who finished their business didn't pay up or people roughing up or what?

Hustler... my fave magazine, besides Playboy and Penthouse, when I was young. Good materials for PCC. Thanks to your other site, there is no need to read Hustler now :p

Balancemind

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahh...very hard to read your post

Sorry lady if you do find my argument heavy. My point to you is to avoid that pack mentality and accept what has been dished out by the state media. It is precisely that weakness of ours to easily subscribe to pack mentality that the miw is able to colonised our thought to our detriment. It's not fair to said that a professional has been convicted of professional misconduct until the Court declared it to be so. This is where it is lacking in Dr Susan's case and we must be fair to her and not to prejudice her just because the quantum of her fees may have shock our mind. The Sultan and the Royal family has to be cross examined by learned counsel in a legal platform to established whether Dr Susan has really overcharged her royal patient and this is where it is lacking and a caveat must be imposed on SMC to ensure that the Defendant has been given the chance to plea her case. So if you have the time do make the attempt to digest my line of thought which you find hard to read and think about it before we go blasting away a party which could well be innocent at the end of the day.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, but the case in point is that to do that you need at least $1mil cash before the interest starts rolling in. Also, don't forget the tax man gets his cuts as well. Example, I earn more then $1K in interest last year and the tax man KpKb I must pay PAYG. This year manage to "reduce" my interest liability so that they pay me instead. It depends on circumstances and how you structure your tax, income. A good tax acountant is vital. But, you can work the system if you are diligent enough. Oh, and having kids helps, if you know how. :wink: Many middle-easterners have 5-6 kids, claimed 2-3K a month on top of their under table work that they do outside of around 2-3K. No wonder you see kids running around everywhere in Aust.

i hv been travelling frequently and extensively. i enjoy my lifestyle

You said you do not need to work. How is it? Can your children be as fortunate?[/QUOTE]

Hi Fook Seng,

Having been in SG and now in Oz, short answer to your question in bold - YES in Oz and NO in SG.

In Oz, we have decent interest rates for savings account. Currently more than 5% and is more than current inflation. So living on interest in Oz is doable. BTW, just a few years ago, interest rates was as high as 9%+.

In SG, with 5% inflation, it is a few times more than what banks interest rates could offer. With less than 1% interest rates available in SG, it is impossible to live on interest rates.

Put some decent money into a Trust and there you go... children can be as fortunate.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed, but the case in point is that to do that you need at least $1mil cash before the interest starts rolling in. Also, don't forget the tax man gets his cuts as well. Example, I earn more then $1K in interest last year and the tax man KpKb I must pay PAYG. This year manage to "reduce" my interest liability so that they pay me instead. It depends on circumstances and how you structure your tax, income. A good tax acountant is vital. But, you can work the system if you are diligent enough.

I am more than glad to "share" my interest earnings with the tax man in Oz as I know I will be getting much more than what SG can offer even when SG is tax free.

With a million dollar in an Oz bank savings account, I earn $50K a year interest [p/s could get as much as 5.7% interest rates in Oz now]. But lets just say 5%. After tax, it would be $42,203 with $7797 being tax to be paid. I can survive comfortably with $3,500 a month knowing that my medical bills are being taken care of. Only need to pay for my medicine.

With the same amount of a million dollar in a SG, it is not likely that I receive an interest earned take home of $10,000 a year from savings account. I get much much less - maybe half of that. Would I rather get $42k or rather $10k a year? That is so much for low tax in Singapore. Amazingly few understand what really happen. All they kept parroting is that SG tax is very low.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
$50K is still at the low-end threshold. Don't forget to claim family tax benefit since you have kids that are still studying. They in turn can claim youth allowances, etc etc. I have no gripe paying the tax man. I know all these money goes to benefit the country which I would give as well.

I am more than glad to "share" my interest earnings with the tax man in Oz as I know I will be getting much more than what SG can offer even when SG is tax free.

With a million dollar in an Oz bank savings account, I earn $50K a year interest [p/s could get as much as 5.7% interest rates in Oz now]. But lets just say 5%. After tax, it would be $42,203 with $7797 being tax to be paid. I can survive comfortably with $3,500 a month knowing that my medical bills are being taken care of. Only need to pay for my medicine.

With the same amount of a million dollar in a SG, it is not likely that I receive an interest earned take home of $10,000 a year from savings account. I get much much less - maybe half of that. Would I rather get $42k or rather $10k a year? That is so much for low tax in Singapore. Amazingly few understand what really happen. All they kept parroting is that SG tax is very low.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh, and having kids helps, if you know how. :wink: Many middle-easterners have 5-6 kids, claimed 2-3K a month on top of their under table work that they do outside of around 2-3K. No wonder you see kids running around everywhere in Aust.

Why is the low birth rates so difficult to arrest in Singapore so much so that they have to open the floodgate for any tom dick and harry to settle in SG?

What so difficult to :

1. provide real free education to all Singapore kids? If parents want any extras such as private school, they can top up the difference.

2. provide free baby package from check up to delivery and post care to all Singaporeans? If they want private hospital, they make up the difference.

3. give baby bonus incentives to new mothers on a yearly basis till age 18 to help relief the financials of having babies.

4. allow zero foreign worker levy for the domestic helper they hired till the kids are of age.

5. legislate longer maternal leave and granting paternal leave.

6. free help for people like TracyTan who loves to have babies but yet unsuccessful in their effort.

The answer is NO because all these do not translate into votes. Granting new shittyzens and spending money on them will likely to garner more votes for them instead. They rather splurge on YOG and millions to "integrate" foreigners.

Does the government of Singapore values Singaporeans? Do they really care for Singaporeans? It is really amazing indeed.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
My other threads highlighted some of these. Don't forget about the fucked-up legislation that AWARE espouse. Getting forced, fired, for getting pregnant is common as well in Singapore. There should be law protecting pregnant women like in Aust.

Why is the low birth rates so difficult to arrest in Singapore so much so that they have to open the floodgate for any tom dick and harry to settle in SG?

What so difficult to :

1. provide real free education to all Singapore kids? If parents want any extras such as private school, they can top up the difference.

2. provide free baby package from check up to delivery and post care to all Singaporeans? If they want private hospital, they make up the difference.

3. give baby bonus incentives to new mothers on a yearly basis till age 18 to help relief the financials of having babies.

4. allow zero foreign worker levy for the domestic helper they hired till the kids are of age.

5. legislate longer maternal leave and granting paternal leave.

6. free help for people like TracyTan who loves but yet successful in their effort.

The answer is NO because all these do not translate into votes. Granting new shittyzens and spending money on them will likely to garner more votes for them instead. They rather splurge on YOG and millions to "integrate" foreigners.

Does the government of Singapore values Singaporeans? Do they really care for Singaporeans? It is really amazing indeed.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$50K is still at the low-end threshold. Don't forget to claim family tax benefit since you have kids that are still studying. They in turn can claim youth allowances, etc etc. I have no gripe paying the tax man. I know all these money goes to benefit the country which I would give as well.

Wah, you super fast in respond.

Yes bro, I am just using your number of $1milliion. I certainly agree with : "I have no gripe paying the tax man. I know all these money goes to benefit the country which I would give as well." Not for foreigners like in SG. Take care of own people...

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lunch break now.

Wah, you super fast in respond.

Yes bro, I am just using your number of $1milliion. I certainly agree with : "I have no gripe paying the tax man. I know all these money goes to benefit the country which I would give as well." Not for foreigners like in SG. Take care of own people...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I know all these money goes to benefit the country which I would give as well." Not for foreigners like in SG. Take care of own people...

You'll soon be singing a different tune when you realise that your money is being used to fund the lifestyles of the lazy, good-for-nothing losers of society so that they can hang around at home, smoke weed and not have to do a stroke of work.

http://www.7perth.com.au/view/today-tonight-articles/dole-bludgers/

Dole Bludgers

Reporter: Tim Noonan

Dole Bludgers

Reporter: Tim Noonan

First, the boardshort bludger that simply refuses to work. Alarmingly, one in six Australians are now living off the dole paid by you, the taxpayer.

Tim Noonan spent one week with the self-confessed surfing bum who has no complaints about the system that supports him.

"I am working; I'm working on me tan! A bad day at the beach beats a good day at work, that's what I always say. Everyday is the ultimate holiday, you know, you can make it like that for yourself" says Justin.

"They don't see it as fraud. They don't see it as illegal. They see it as a privilege" says Ken Gamble.

"The system is failing when someone is deliberately bludging on our country" says Senator John Williams.

"It used to be the John Howard surf team and now it's the Kevin Rudd surf team" adds Justin.

It's a team funded by taxpayers. Riding the welfare wave at Byron Bay, while the rest of us pay their way.

Surfer, Justin Sheridan, is an expert at beating the system. He knows Centrelink backwards and how to scam it and us.

Living an endless summer, he refuses to give up.

At 36, years of subsidised surfing has made it difficult for Justin to ever adjust to full-time work.

"I've tried the 9-5 thing, behind the desk and it isn't me. I'm no dummy. I did the HSC; I went to a Catholic school. I used to go to church and sing, I was an alter boy. I just find that this out here, surfing and living that lifestyle… it's hard to steer away from."

"I thought live now, surf now and then later on clean a caravan park, take on a job that it's mundane and no one really wants to do it and be happy with the fact that you've had a great youth."

Centrelink abuse costs Australian taxpayers billions of dollars every year.

If anyone knows how to catch a cheat, it's private investigator, Ken Gamble. Years undercover as a Centrelink surveillance agent, he's caught hundreds of people ripping off the system.

"We had a team of surveillance people that were going out we were observing specific people that complaints had been made about and we were profiling those people's activities and we were finding fraud in just about every case that was referred to us" says Ken.

Ten years ago, the federal government introduced a job seeker diary to make the unemployed accountable.

The diaries require people to record at least eight job applications and interviews a fortnight. If they don't, they could have their payments reduced or stopped altogether.

Of course what most people do is they go out and they put the applications in and they just lie on the forms" says Ken.

But it's a system full of loopholes.

"We need to put the spotlight on these people and say to them, here is a job, you take it, if you don't there's going to be no more dole." National party senator, John Williams, has had enough.

"We have a situation in Australia now where we are forcing businesses to import their labour. They are bringing in workers from overseas because many Australians refuse to go to work" adds John Williams.

If he has his way, the boardshort bludger won't be around much longer.

"I don't care if it's sweeping the streets, cleaning the rubbish off the side of the road, cleaning the drains out, they must do something before the tax payers or the government gives them a cheque each week" says John Williams.

Justin has worked for the dole twice before to avoid having his payments cut.

"I used to want to go in to work and do all my work in a hurry and then get the hell out of there."

But the lure of the beach was just too strong.

"When you're struggling to get work all the time and you find that you want to go and surf your days away, basically, I just found that it was better not to worry about looking for the work so much and going surfing, doing what I love to do."

"Centrelink is there to care for the genuine Australians who need a hand. Now whether they be aged pensioners, disability pensioners or the genuine unemployed that is Centrelink's job, but not to encourage people to bludge their way through life" says John Williams.

"No one likes to see someone on a total free ride and I wouldn't say that I'm doing it on a total free ride either. I'd have to say I just find it difficult to get jobs and keep them" says Justin. "I wouldn't say I feel guilty, I think it's more like, I feel saddened that people would look at like, that I'm a bludger, because I don't call it bludging. It's a lifestyle choice that mightn't be for everyone but I'm sure if everyone had a little taste of it, they'd want it."

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
But, they will be too stoned to do anything rather then go out there and rob, injure people. That is why we pay taxes. to maintain social harmony.

You'll soon be singing a different tune when you realise that your money is being used to fund the lifestyles of the lazy, good-for-nothing losers of society so that they can hang around at home, smoke weed and not have to do a stroke of work.