• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Tropez Residence, Danga Bay

i chose my 690sqf unit in tower B whcih cost RM430K after discount and almost dropped the RM5K chq. In the end last min backed out, went viewing and bought an old 1,700 sqf condo that's nearer than tropez to CIQ with rent yield RM2K onwards p.m. Same price tag. btw i am not sporean so can buy property <RM500K.

Congrats. You are looking at rental yield so you prefer existing property.
And of course, the lower psf.

Is it Aloha Tower, Indah Samudra or Wadihana?

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Congrats. You are looking at rental yield so you prefer existing property.
And of course, the lower psf.

Is it Aloha Tower, Indah Samudra or Wadihana?

Thanks mate. yes yes. i am staying in spore so the property in msia is for rent.

Its Aloha Tower - love the partial sea view from the pool! Unblocked and windyy! Old buildings but love the space!! :smile:

Last edited:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks mate. yes yes. i am staying in spore so the property in msia is for rent.

Its Aloha Tower - love the partial sea view from the pool! Unblocked and windyy! Old buildings but love the space!! :smile:

This is a good condo with gd rental potential - schools, nearby hospital etc. :smile:
Being on a higher ground, it definitely gets the nice view and wind.

Some say Fengshui good because of the elevation and the sea in front. I am not knowledgeable in this but good to know.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes. the houses around there are exclusive and neighhourhood is quiet. the security there is pretty tight which is not what i would expect from a condo in JB. when i drove in for viewing, there are security guards with walkie talkie patrolling and monitoring my movement within the condo. yes its surrounded by hospitals and many schools, there is a foreign school next to it and was told the students and their families are generally well to do .. also those serving internship at the hospitals are well off and can afford to pay RM2K rent p.m. as for fengshui, heard it too. when u look from afar, you can see the 3 towers are arranged in descending order in a straight line facing the sea. could be buillt that way based on fengshui ..

myPuteri

I'm waiting for the signing as well.
I heard it could be next week.

Hi, I am new here and great to find a place where so much valuable info are shared.

I am also a SPH investor and received the offer letter from UOB. The interest rate quoted was 2.4% below BLR with 3 years lock-in. Have not heard from from HSBC so far. Like to check with fellow Bro what is the rate and lock-in period quoted by HSBC for SPH. Developer have started to arrange signing of the offer letter this week-end. Would be good to compare the 2 banks before signing this week-end.

Another thing, the interest rate clause stated in the UOB offer letter as follows:

"Interest will be charged on the Fixed Loan and Housing Loan Facility at the following rates:-
2.4% per annum below the bank's Base Lending Rate ("BLR") subject to a minimum of 4.2% with daily rest commencing immediately after the expiry of the 1st Period"

This clause seems to suggest that interest will be at least minimum 4.2%. if BLR drop to below 6.6%, interest we will be paying will still be minimum of 4.2%, however, if BLR increase to say 6.8%, then we will need to pay higher interest of 4.4%.

Woah!!! we have upside risk but no down side benefit!!! Please be careful before you sign on the offer letter.

Wonder if HSBC got the same clause or not ???

Cheers!

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I am new here and great to find a place where so much valuable info are shared.

I am also a SPH investor and received the offer letter from UOB. The interest rate quoted was 2.4% below BLR with 3 years lock-in. Have not heard from from HSBC so far. Like to check with fellow Bro what is the rate and lock-in period quoted by HSBC for SPH. Developer have started to arrange signing of the offer letter this week-end. Would be good to compare the 2 banks before signing this week-end.

Another thing, the interest rate clause stated in the UOB offer letter as follows:

"Interest will be charged on the Fixed Loan and Housing Loan Facility at the following rates:-
2.4% per annum below the bank's Base Lending Rate ("BLR") subject to a minimum of 4.2% with daily rest commencing immediately after the expiry of the 1st Period"

This clause seems to suggest that interest will be at least minimum 4.2%. if BLR drop to below 6.6%, interest we will be paying will still be minimum of 4.2%, however, if BLR increase to say 6.8%, then we will need to pay higher interest of 4.4%.

Woah!!! we have upside risk but no down side benefit!!! Please be careful before you sign on the offer letter.

Cheers!

Interesting! Looks like they anticipating interest rates to go down.

I did not see this with HSBC. I think you should try to negotiate this out of the contract or go with another bank. This is very one sided.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it possible to ask for discount for the payment to the lawyer for signing the loan document?

I'm not too sure but i seriously doubt so as the banks are appointed by the developer and esp if you plan to take up with eiher of them, UOB and HSBC. sorry for late reply..busy with work.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi to all SPH bro,

Nice to chat with u guy here!
Have any of u guy tt the 10% to developer?
Is it upon your SPA signing or wait till the letter of offer from bank?
Oops...I'm one of the SPH buyer as well.

my experience is 10% on S&P or TT latest in a few daystime.
This is to seal the S&P contract which demands 10% payment first.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Puteri Harbour Owners,

Qube3 has taken the initiative to form a puteri harbour community forum. May I encourage all PH comments to be directed to this new forum. This will be a more efficient way of communication.

And encourage comments on new developments, launches in Nusajaya region (and beyond) in this forum. much thanks for the efforts...:smile:

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

HSBC has the same rate- 2.4. Its pre-planned.

a/c to my banker, this was negotiated btw the appointed banks with developer to secure a 20% downpayment plus interest rate absorption during construction period.

ehkyang

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not too sure but i seriously doubt so as the banks are appointed by the developer and esp if you plan to take up with eiher of them, UOB and HSBC. sorry for late reply..busy with work.
Checked with HSBC banker that it is possible to ask for 20%-30%.

Qube3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Guys,

I am new here. Thanks to all of you for very kindly and generously sharing weallth of information on this thread and other living in JB threads in this forum.

I am looking to buy a property in JB for a place to live and if feasible also invest in another within 2 years.

I have visited Puteri Harbor few times in the last few months. One of my main intentions was to look at the colour of the sea water at the Puteri Harbour marina. So far I could only note the sea water colour at the Puteri Harbour was dark grey. I was hoping to see greenish blue or something nicer. It could be that I was there during low tide. I wonder if any of you have seen a nicer color of the sea water around Puteri Harbour?

I also checked around sea water color across the JB waterfront area but I have noted no nice color. I wonder if there are projects to make the sea water colour nicer.

I think it may have something to do with the colour of the seabed.

Pristine white fine-sandy beaches would normally mean that the seacolour is green/blueish, but will also be affected by clouds, if any.

Sg_JB

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was on Google earth, found a development at the end of Kampung Ladang road. Looks like there is Sea food restaurant there, with many ponds and to right further in the swamp looks like floating chalets? or residential houses? with a also jetty. Its near Medini to the north and second link bridge to the south. Any one have information on this area?

close up.jpggoogle1.jpg

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the opening of EDL, Setia Tropika, Dato Onn, Adda Heights, Austin Hills, Ponderosa, Redang, Senibong Cove/Villas will be 5 to 15 minutes away from JB CIQ. Most, if not all of these developments are selling fast. Corner units of linked terraces are in fact mostly sold out. Clusters, Semi-Ds and bungalows are also selling very well.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point, upped your points :smile:

With the opening of EDL, Setia Tropika, Dato Onn, Adda Heights, Austin Hills, Ponderosa, Redang, Senibong Cove/Villas will be 5 to 15 minutes away from JB CIQ. Most, if not all of these developments are selling fast. Corner units of linked terraces are in fact mostly sold out. Clusters, Semi-Ds and bungalows are also selling very well.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro, wats ur take on Nusa Sentral precinct?