• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Khaw Boon Wan visited Madam Poh to apologize in person - 9 Dec 2009

FangZiYuen

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://iseeithinkiblog.wordpress.co...dication-error-victim-to-apologize-in-person/

This was published in the above blog on 9 Dec 2009

Khaw Boon Wan visited Madam Poh to apologize in person
December 9, 2009 • Leave a Comment (Edit)

Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan made a personal trip to Kandang Kerbau Hospital to apologize to one of the victims of the medication blunder Madam Poh in person three days ago.

Madam Poh was given an overdose of chemotherapy drug over hours instead of days by two pharmacists who used the wrong infusion pump. She is currently recuperating in KKH.

Mr Khaw wrote on his blog that he was stopped before he could finish his sentence.

He heaped praises on Madam Poh and her family for their magnanimity:

“I apologised to her but she stopped me before I could complete my sentence. This is truly a wonderful family, brought up with sound decent human values. We had a good chat, about many things, including LASALLE’s art therapy as her son is keen on guitar music.”

When interviewed by Chinese paper Lianhe Wanbao, Madam Poh said she was very touched by Mr Khaw who spent 20 minutes speaking to her and her family.

Her husband, Mr Yap said that they had already forgiven to two blundering pharmacists and hoped that they would not be sacked by the hospital.

A devout Buddhist, Mr Khaw who just celebrated his 57th birthday also shared some of his life philosophy with his readers:

“At 57, I have learnt not to get too excited with good news, nor too depressed with bad news. Every dark cloud will eventually pass; just as sunshine does not last forever.

The key is to stick to basic values in life: do as many good deeds as possible, even if minor; do no bad deeds, even if they seem slight.”

One of Mr Khaw’s birthday wishes is to see his daughter recover fully from an injury sustained during a road traffic accident last week.

She was apparently knocked down by a taxi and had been discharged from the hospital.

Mr Khaw declined to divulge more details when asked by reporters.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. come on!, croc tears.
2. no big deal.
3. any idiot can easily vomit out an "apology", simply no effort making things right.
4. why a mil-dollar salaried to apologise.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Mr Cow or rather Khaw

You shouldn't be the one apologizing for the KK mistake.

It should be the cowardly, grossly unaccountable CEO of KK who should do it.

By doing such a thing, you would have given the direct impression that you run the operation, hiring and ultimately issues like whether the toilet cleaners did wash the toilet properly.

How absurd.

Nor only have you directly told the entire population of your own incompetence by approving the appointment high ranking ppl in the medical sphere of yours, you are yet again provided the classis ' my subordiate WONG CAN"T SING cocked up but yet I cover his asshole' tactic for the entire population to see.

by doing so. it weakens your organisational structure and cos many to doubt whether the ppl you hire under you, should be accorded respect.

In simple words...you are digging your own grave.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Hahaha, the taxi driver that langar his daughter is now undergoing air con torture in police station. I sure Khaw would find it in his heart to forgive him to....................NOT!!

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://iseeithinkiblog.wordpress.co...dication-error-victim-to-apologize-in-person/

This was published in the above blog on 9 Dec 2009

Khaw Boon Wan visited Madam Poh to apologize in person
December 9, 2009 • Leave a Comment (Edit)

Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan made a personal trip to Kandang Kerbau Hospital to apologize to one of the victims of the medication blunder Madam Poh in person three days ago.

Madam Poh was given an overdose of chemotherapy drug over hours instead of days by two pharmacists who used the wrong infusion pump. She is currently recuperating in KKH.

Mr Khaw wrote on his blog that he was stopped before he could finish his sentence.

He heaped praises on Madam Poh and her family for their magnanimity:

“I apologised to her but she stopped me before I could complete my sentence. This is truly a wonderful family, brought up with sound decent human values. We had a good chat, about many things, including LASALLE’s art therapy as her son is keen on guitar music.”

When interviewed by Chinese paper Lianhe Wanbao, Madam Poh said she was very touched by Mr Khaw who spent 20 minutes speaking to her and her family.

Her husband, Mr Yap said that they had already forgiven to two blundering pharmacists and hoped that they would not be sacked by the hospital.

A devout Buddhist, Mr Khaw who just celebrated his 57th birthday also shared some of his life philosophy with his readers:

“At 57, I have learnt not to get too excited with good news, nor too depressed with bad news. Every dark cloud will eventually pass; just as sunshine does not last forever.

The key is to stick to basic values in life: do as many good deeds as possible, even if minor; do no bad deeds, even if they seem slight.”

One of Mr Khaw’s birthday wishes is to see his daughter recover fully from an injury sustained during a road traffic accident last week.

She was apparently knocked down by a taxi and had been discharged from the hospital.

Mr Khaw declined to divulge more details when asked by reporters.

GE coming and his KPI is low so he need to do something extra.....

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
ask the minister's wife go apologise la, why someone else go wayang? or because she is not a candidate for General Erection so no need wayang?

really the period of miracles, always see them before General Erection.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the above news article is printed during the cooling-off day, does anyone think it will have a positive impact to Khaw if his ward is being contested ? IMO, it does not infringe the political 'black-out' condition.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1232705050.jpg

Heng ah ..she did'nt die, or not Ivy will be very chia lat

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blackheart Khaw loves the vile means testing to fleece stupid peasants, retribution is slow but surely.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least Khaw Boon Wan is much more better than the bloody Wang Kan Seng.

That mother fucker let Mas Selamat ran away under his nose, not only he never apologized, that asshole went and find some scapegoat to take his rap.

woofy

Alfrescian
Loyal
'croc tears' is not appropriate in this case, at least he behave like a gentlemen to take up responsiblity and acknowledge his blunder. Many other Pappies will look for excuses and explanation to cover their sins. Among all the PAP hypocrites, he still one who preserve some humanities

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it? Where was it reported?

The person is just illustrating a point, but left out the, "if". If you knock down any of the MIW's children, even a slight bump, I am sure you will be hung by your balls in some lockup.

You apologize......you better volunteer to stay at Buangkok Health Centre to "COOL OFF" for a month...:biggrin:

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
The person is just illustrating a point, but left out the, "if". If you knock down any of the MIW's children, even a slight bump, I am sure you will be hung by your balls in some lockup.

You apologize......you better volunteer to stay at Buangkok Health Centre to "COOL OFF" for a month...:biggrin:

ministermentor.jpg

In MY Kingdom; only me have all the rights to drive and knock someone down without any penalty; and not the other way round.

Understand you Sinkies ah???