• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Economists warn 200,000 jobs may go in Australia

Powerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/5088479/economists-warn-200000-jobs/

Economists are warning 200,000 jobs in Australia may go by the end of next year as the global financial crisis takes hold.

National Australia Bank economists predicted growth would drop to 1.25 per cent by the middle of next year, with an interest rate cut to 4.5 per cent and unemployment at about 6 per cent by the end of the year, meaning the loss of 200,000 jobs, Fairfax newspapers report on Sunday.

The bank's chief economist, Alan Oster, said the uncertainty over jobs could also lead to a quiet Christmas for retailers.

He said he expected October into December to be "lousy", despite the federal government's economic stimulus package designed to keep money flowing.

"I think Christmas is going to be a lot slower and weaker and then it will continue getting weaker into next year," Mr Oster told Fairfax.

Professor Guay Lim, from the Melbourne Institute for Applied Economics and Social Research, said problems would occur if people decided to save and not spend the $10.4 billion the government will grant to pensioners, eligible families with children and new home owners.

"We expect slow growth and an increase in unemployment," he told Fairfax.

"We think unemployment will go up a notch to 4.8 per cent or 5 per cent by the middle of next year.

"People need to maintain a level of spending and buying Christmas presents. We cannot save excessively because the economy will go into a tailspin."

A spokesman for the NSW Business Chamber said consumers were resilient and businesses were hoping people would spend the extra cash from the government.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
article-1078509-0226F383000005DC-135_468x286.jpg

Australians have so much natural resources and they are still queuing for free food. Singapore got bricks and walls. Why are we not queuing for free food and free handouts? We're luckier than the lucky Australians. Cheers!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The aus knows what is being generous and giving free stuffs to pple. Sinkie govt do not understand what is free for the better cause.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Aussie economy is not completely immune. Having said that, the Rudd administration has taken some action, and its only the initial state. Hopefully Rudd will undertake some reform, some which is difficult, but will hopefully make Australia stronger against any future turmoil, and be more resilient.

busy123

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/5088479/economists-warn-200000-jobs/

Economists are warning 200,000 jobs in Australia may go by the end of next year as the global financial crisis takes hold.

National Australia Bank economists predicted growth would drop to 1.25 per cent by the middle of next year, with an interest rate cut to 4.5 per cent and unemployment at about 6 per cent by the end of the year, meaning the loss of 200,000 jobs, Fairfax newspapers report on Sunday.

The bank's chief economist, Alan Oster, said the uncertainty over jobs could also lead to a quiet Christmas for retailers.

He said he expected October into December to be "lousy", despite the federal government's economic stimulus package designed to keep money flowing.

"I think Christmas is going to be a lot slower and weaker and then it will continue getting weaker into next year," Mr Oster told Fairfax.

Professor Guay Lim, from the Melbourne Institute for Applied Economics and Social Research, said problems would occur if people decided to save and not spend the $10.4 billion the government will grant to pensioners, eligible families with children and new home owners.

"We expect slow growth and an increase in unemployment," he told Fairfax.

"We think unemployment will go up a notch to 4.8 per cent or 5 per cent by the middle of next year.

"People need to maintain a level of spending and buying Christmas presents. We cannot save excessively because the economy will go into a tailspin."

A spokesman for the NSW Business Chamber said consumers were resilient and businesses were hoping people would spend the extra cash from the government.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Oz is the current victim of the economic global crisis.

Expect crisis to worsen down under.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
at least the australians got so much natural resources and so much food and meat...200,000 jobs lost in singapore will be a major catastrophe....where to feed these people...no food and no natural resources...damned jialat liao!

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
The aus knows what is being generous and giving free stuffs to pple. Sinkie govt do not understand what is free for the better cause.

KNN if the scene is in Singapore you will mock but when it happens in Australia you say the government is generous. WTF crap are you talking about? Both countries are facing the same problems. All is not rosy in Australia, Thailand, Singapore or anywhere else.

busy123

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN if the scene is in Singapore you will mock but when it happens in Australia you say the government is generous. WTF crap are you talking about? Both countries are facing the same problems. All is not rosy in Australia, Thailand, Singapore or anywhere else.

This is true.

There are several Singaporeans on this forum who have migrated to Australia and no doubt feel the pinch there.

Lucky for us in the internet age we can see the truth for ourselves.

Australia is to be avoided at all costs, unless you dont care about your financial health or being discriminated against by white Ozzies.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is true.

There are several Singaporeans on this forum who have migrated to Australia and no doubt feel the pinch there.

Lucky for us in the internet age we can see the truth for ourselves.

Australia is to be avoided at all costs, unless you dont care about your financial health or being discriminated against by white Ozzies.

Its just that people are too proud to say that their newfound home is not as rosy as it seems. Yes I am from Spore and it sucks here but doesnt mean that I have to defend Spore like hell wat when people criticise.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oz is the current victim of the economic global crisis.

Expect crisis to worsen down under.

Well, Oz is not exactly crying for people like you. Stay on in your Leeapura and be prepared to drive a taxi and pick up cardboards in your twilight years. :eek::eek::eek:

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its just that people are too proud to say that their newfound home is not as rosy as it seems. Yes I am from Spore and it sucks here but doesnt mean that I have to defend Spore like hell wat when people criticise.

Well, is your Sinkeepore so rosy then? At least in Oz if you don;t have a job, you get welfare from the govet. In your Sinkapore if you don't have a job, you'll have to jump MRT. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its just that people are too proud to say that their newfound home is not as rosy as it seems.

It depends what is your objectives in your new found home. Singaporean likes to complain and compare.. If it is about money and career.. Forget it.. Australia is not a place for you.

If the objectives is for the family & small business setup and enjoy... Bingo ! You have just landed on the land of Happiness !

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, is your Sinkeepore so rosy then? At least in Oz if you don;t have a job, you get welfare from the govet. In your Sinkapore if you don't have a job, you'll have to jump MRT. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I say oredy what Spore sucks. U got read or not?

I just say that even if you migrate elsewhere be it Australia, Canada, Mars etc, there's bound to be discomfort. So if people sees some problem at your new home and it really exists, no point defending it so much la. No place is perfect what.

E.g. If the bloody economist say 200,000 jobs may go in Australia, then be it. Why you need to say Australia is not affected at all by the crisis. Got make sense or not?

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
It depends what is your objectives in your new found home. Singaporean likes to complain and compare.. If it is about money and career.. Forget it.. Australia is not a place for you.

If the objectives is for the family & small business setup and enjoy... Bingo ! You have just landed on the land of Happiness !

People's behaviour and needs differ.

E.g. Tee Kee despite complaining about Singapore would still not want to migrate to NZ cos the sheeps won't understand a single word he says.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is true. There are several Singaporeans on this forum who have migrated to Australia and no doubt feel the pinch there. Lucky for us in the internet age we can see the truth for ourselves. Australia is to be avoided at all costs, unless you dont care about your financial health or being discriminated against by white Ozzies.

I came to Australia 3-4yrs ago to search for happiness and a placed for my family.... I never look back since.

You may ask why my wife (a Fin Controller) is willing to give up her job to be a full time housewife ? Ans : Your guess is pretty much my guess :smile:

You may ask the question, did we achieve financial independent.. Well, we dont.. but we are ready to gamble BIG money into the market soon..

Lastly, hows the discrimination doing here/back home? Well, my angmo neighbour is mowing my lawn.. and my angmo superior is coming over to Melbourne to see my family.. To whoever that discriminate me, my job or its fellow citizens..

Eat my middle finger ! heehee..

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
wonder still have people wanting to migrate there now that the economic over there is also so bad.
in fact there are more people from there,moving to other places or coming to other places to look for work and also work.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
I came to Australia 3-4yrs ago to search for happiness and a placed for my family.... I never look back since.

You may ask why my wife (a Fin Controller) is willing to give up her job to be a full time housewife ? Ans : Your guess is pretty much my guess :smile:

You may ask the question, did we achieve financial independent.. Well, we dont.. but we are ready to gamble BIG money into the market soon..

Lastly, hows the discrimination doing here/back home? Well, my angmo neighbour is mowing my lawn.. and my angmo superior is coming over to Melbourne to see my family.. To whoever that discriminate me, my job or its fellow citizens..

Eat my middle finger ! heehee..

not that kind of discrimination that is prohibited by law lah.

how abt when u walking alone on street, and pple call us tupid chink, get out of my land??? tt then is true discrimination