• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAPee Tua Pai, 1 CB Took Up 20 Carpark Lots!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Safety cordon against being firebombed?

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Parking cordon as bad as tissue paper reservation
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->LAST Saturday, I drove my family to Toa Payoh Lorong 5 to have dinner at the hawker centre at Block 75. Some 20 parking spaces were cordoned off with red plastic chairs and manned by parking wardens from Chubb. I was puzzled as it was dinner time and it was difficult to find a parking space.
Curious, I asked one of the parking wardens the reason and whether I could park there to go for a quick family meal at the hawker centre. Her reply was that I could not as the spaces were being reserved for an event involving a Member of Parliament. She told me to park at a multi-storey carpark 15 minutes away.
After a long wait, I found a parking space. At the hawker centre, I read a banner advertising a Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC tree-planting day, which was to start the next morning at 8.30am.
Why would the group representation constituency (GRC) send traffic wardens to reserve public carpark spaces for an event happening only a day later?
And why must the GRC cordon 20 parking spaces if only one MP was the VIP? Were 20 VIPs invited?
The parking wardens were a sorry sight as they had to endure angry remarks from motorists as well as the rain, to make sure that no one used the parking spaces.
Such a practice is no different from boorish customers placing packets of tissue paper on tables in hawker centres to reserve the seats. I hope the practice at Toa Payoh is not repeated at other similar events.
Jonathan Yeo

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Oh dear, 20 precious parking lots got choped!

Many car owners staying in HDB flats with season parking tickets are already finding it difficult every night to get a parking lot.

If they needed 20 lots for an MP or two or a junior Minister just imagine if it was a senior Minister with a bigger entourage coming along with him. They would probably have to chope half of or even the whole carpark overnight!

I thought such things only happen in Malaysia when royalty comes visiting!
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: IamSpeaking at Thu Oct 08 11:06:40 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=AlternatePost cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Brown-nosing by PLP grassroots members. And guess who pays for the Chubb guards? Answer: all of us.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: thegreyguy at Thu Oct 08 10:56:36 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the Grassroots leaders way of telling residents how fuck up their GRC MPs are.
So you know what to do in the coming elections.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Such a practice is no different from boorish customers placing packets of tissue paper on tables in hawker centres to reserve the seats. I hope the practice at Toa Payoh is not repeated at other similar events.
Jonathan Yeo
ah jonathan ...

u r wrong ...

tis is different fr choping seats wif tissue paper ...

if ppl chope seats wif tissue paper, u can still throw ze tissue away ... tis, dey make sure u wun ...

tiz ze typical tyranical bahavior of n ugly giant crab dat woks sideways ...

franker

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is how singapore government works..

No solutions in whatever policies they implement.

We only have to follow and find our own way for solutions.

This is outrageous.

Vote the pap bloody out.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just be thankful that there is some form of democracy in this country.

If not, none of us can KPKB here. Can you imagine not being able to KPPB here? We will be spending tons of money going to health centers and GAylend to release.

So be thankful for little mercies.

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah but then?

PAP = Royalty in Singapore.

HDB people = Lesser Mortals, Commoners, Hoi Polloi, etc.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0

I thought such things only happen in Malaysia when royalty comes visiting!
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: IamSpeaking at Thu Oct 08 11:06:40 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=AlternatePost cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Brown-nosing by PLP grassroots members. And guess who pays for the Chubb guards? Answer: all of us.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: thegreyguy at Thu Oct 08 10:56:36 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is how singapore government works..

No solutions in whatever policies they implement.

We only have to follow and find our own way for solutions.

This is outrageous.

Vote the pap bloody out.

Agreed! Truly Outrageous! The last time LKY came for his pre-election meeting in my housing estate, he took 19 car lots only.

Who is this MP who dares one up the old man?? :confused::mad:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then again we as responsible citizens should strike a point hard !

Whenever VIPs around.
We should vacate and boycott all businesses around since they want to
prevent public from accessing it.

We give them full access by having them lose all businesses traffic in that area.
Until everyone will be wary of VIPs .

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Safety cordon against being firebombed?

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Parking cordon as bad as tissue paper reservation
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->LAST Saturday, I drove my family to Toa Payoh Lorong 5 to have dinner at the hawker centre at Block 75. Some 20 parking spaces were cordoned off with red plastic chairs and manned by parking wardens from Chubb. I was puzzled as it was dinner time and it was difficult to find a parking space.
Curious, I asked one of the parking wardens the reason and whether I could park there to go for a quick family meal at the hawker centre. Her reply was that I could not as the spaces were being reserved for an event involving a Member of Parliament. She told me to park at a multi-storey carpark 15 minutes away.
After a long wait, I found a parking space. At the hawker centre, I read a banner advertising a Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC tree-planting day, which was to start the next morning at 8.30am.
Why would the group representation constituency (GRC) send traffic wardens to reserve public carpark spaces for an event happening only a day later?
And why must the GRC cordon 20 parking spaces if only one MP was the VIP? Were 20 VIPs invited?
The parking wardens were a sorry sight as they had to endure angry remarks from motorists as well as the rain, to make sure that no one used the parking spaces.
Such a practice is no different from boorish customers placing packets of tissue paper on tables in hawker centres to reserve the seats. I hope the practice at Toa Payoh is not repeated at other similar events.
Jonathan Yeo

I think all of you have missed the spot by a very very long shot.

The area we are talking about here is Bishan-Toa payoh. Now think, who is the anchor MP there and who has the habit of having a huge entourment following wherever he goes, heck that entourment is even bigger than PM, SM and MM combined.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The area we are talking about here is Bishan-Toa payoh. Now think, who is the anchor MP there and who has the habit of having a huge entourment following wherever he goes, heck that entourment is even bigger than PM, SM and MM combined.

Agree with Cleareyes. Just go park somewhere else and walk home. Better than parking there and risk taking a bomb meant for him. :eek: (And don't imagine parking charges can be waived or refunded after you're blown up.)

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah lor, all of you miss the spot, bobo king.

you know---entourage big big big one, must be somebody bigger than LKY.

guess who ? Dr Chee and friends ?

no lah, the big big one !

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal

who that anchor?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh, jon, you must remember running dogs and cats also need lots to bark mah!
2. the entire entourage for one "nothing-much-to-do" papayee.
3. best, cook the meal yourself at home.