• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What they didn't tell you about Vancouver and don't want you to know!!

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure, whenever Canada or Vancouver topics gets posted, you have a bunch of people who tell you all things rosy about Vancouver. They will tell you about the beautiful scenery, cheap housing and cars.

But they didn't tell you the whole story. They got screwed migrating to a cold, expensive, high crime, high taxes country. And they want you to be screwed as well so they tell you all the beautiful things! You're better off going to the USA, Australia or New Zealand.

Never mind the gun violence in Vancouver, watch your belts first!

3882794229_615cf30301_o.jpg

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
$2.8B B.C. deficit

'Belt-tightening' budget forecasts balanced books by 2013-14

September 02, 2009

Plunging tax and resource revenues compounded with the most expensive fire season in history will result in a $2.8 billion provincial deficit in 2009, Finance Minister Colin Hansen forecast in Victoria yesterday.

Hansen also revealed — that sometime during the election campaign — he was told revenue projections would be lower than predicted. In February, Hansen predicted a deficit of $495 million for 2009 and the Liberals ran with that number in the spring’s provincial election.

“The government can’t get its story straight,” said New Democrat Leader Carole James. “That certainly contradicts what the premier has said previously. It’s a budget based on deceit.”

Hansen admitted that he had a casual conversation during the election with a member of the finance staff who indicated that revenues were being hit harder than expected, in the order of $200-$300 million. He felt the reduction was “quite doable,” because it would be offset by savings in various government ministries.

Premier Gordon Campbell said yesterday that a week before the election, he too had heard during discussions around the H1N1 influenza A virus (also known as swine flu) that revenues were weakening, but was told that they could be managed within the framework of February’s budget.

Hansen, who forecast consecutive deficits of $2.8 billion, $1.7 billion, $945 million and $140 million, returning to balanced books by 2013-2014, said his budget will protect vital services while laying the foundation for economic recovery.

“This is a very tight budget,” he said. “It is belt tightening not just for one year, but over the entire three years of the plan.”

Hansen blamed the ballooning deficit on a $2-billion drop-off in expected revenues. The largest drop is expected in personal income tax and natural gas revenues. Corporate tax, forest and mineral revenues are also projected to decline.

The province is also spending about $80 million to prepare for swine flu. Blunting the shortfall is $750-million from the federal government, part of a $1.6-billion payout to smooth the transition to the pending harmonized sales tax (HST).

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
!! MAYDAY MAYDAY !!

MILLIONS OF AMERICANS, CANADIANS, AUSTRALIANS & KIWIS migrating to Singapore to escape high crimes, cold, expensive and high taxes.

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for the news.

As I have indicated at another discussion thread, emigration is not for everyone.

Regardless of the crime rate, income tax rates, cheap or expensive motor vehicles (relative to the net after tax income of an average income person), the price of residential properties, other costs which are considered necessities, I believe that the Canadian government and the various provincial governments, do provide a reasonable amount per month for the non-elite and/or non-wealthy. In terms of the Canadian social programs anf medicare, based on living in Toronto for more than 2 decades, there are sufficient merits in the Canadian culture and society, which make Canada a desirable amongs immigrants.

Inspite of the various scandals, adverse publicity, and posts by biased individuals, I believe that Toronto is amongst the top 10 to 20 countries which potential immigrants should consider.

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
B.C. is not just Vancouver. B.C. province is over hundred times bigger than Sinkapore. If Sinkapore lose the balance of its money, everyone wil just eat poo and drink pee from each other; renewable food.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
What in the world are you talking about? Main problem with Vancouver are the dirty toilets and I can never understand why, after migrating all the way to Canada, anyone would want to choose such a Chinese dominant city.

Sure, whenever Canada or Vancouver topics gets posted, you have a bunch of people who tell you all things rosy about Vancouver. They will tell you about the beautiful scenery, cheap housing and cars.
But they didn't tell you the whole story. They got screwed migrating to a cold, expensive, high crime, high taxes country. And they want you to be screwed as well so they tell you all the beautiful things! You're better off going to the USA, Australia or New Zealand.

Never mind the gun violence in Vancouver, watch your belts first!

3882794229_615cf30301_o.jpg

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for the news.

As I have indicated at another discussion thread, emigration is not for everyone.

Regardless of the crime rate, income tax rates, cheap or expensive motor vehicles (relative to the net after tax income of an average income person), the price of residential properties, other costs which are considered necessities, I believe that the Canadian government and the various provincial governments, do provide a reasonable amount per month for the non-elite and/or non-wealthy. In terms of the Canadian social programs anf medicare, based on living in Toronto for more than 2 decades, there are sufficient merits in the Canadian culture and society, which make Canada a desirable amongst immigrants.

Inspite of the various scandals, adverse publicity, and posts by biased individuals, I believe that Toronto is amongst the top 10 to 20 countries which potential immigrants should consider.

Pardon me, it should be Canada rather than Toronto.

One man's meat is another's poison.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pardon me, it should be Canada rather than Toronto.

One man's meat is another's poison.

I am actually quite surprised. Among the different nationalities, Singaporeans have the best potential to enjoy and thrive in emigrating.

Singaporeans understand/speak English, have the wealth (esp after withdrawing CPF for those cash-poor) and the skills to adapt to the new land.

Perhaps what is lacking is the attitude. "This also cannot, that also cannot" and the whineing.

Pity.

Maybe I am wasting my time in this forum???

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What in the world are you talking about? Main problem with Vancouver are the dirty toilets and I can never understand why, after migrating all the way to Canada, anyone would want to choose such a Chinese dominant city.

Let me guess ...
HK people who do not like the idea of the Chinese Public Security Bureau turning up at night and making people disappear.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you for the news.

Regardless of the crime rate, income tax rates, cheap or expensive motor vehicles (relative to the net after tax income of an average income person), the price of residential properties, other costs which are considered necessities, I believe that the Canadian government and the various provincial governments, do provide a reasonable amount per month for the non-elite and/or non-wealthy. In terms of the Canadian social programs anf medicare, based on living in Toronto for more than 2 decades, there are sufficient merits in the Canadian culture and society, which make Canada a desirable amongs immigrants.

Charlie9,
Once you leave that PAPshithole, you should not be so calculative and weigh the merits of Canada like how you do now.
You should learn to be smart with fiance. Be creative. (No more No-U turn syndrome)
You should learn to be UnSingaporean, unworry and enjoy life (which is more than just dollars).

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every Western Nation has drugs, guns and the violence that comes along with it. Canada has it as does Australia the UK and the US.

But at least Canada is cheaper than Australia and that goes a looooong way

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are Singapore and Vancouver at the same level in terms of news reporting (laws, freedom of press, independence, number of newspapers)?

If yes, then the reports of Vancouver can be matched by reports on Singapore.

If no, there is no basis of comparison.

Each city has her own set of evils.

Ask those newspapers' moguls in Vancouver to migrate to Singapore and they will find something equally bad to report.

It may be different from what Vancouver experienced but in content, it can be equally bad.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the best ways to know the truth is to invite that Vancouver owner to migrate to Singapore.

Singapore, as we know, is very good to foreigners who are rich. I presume that newspaper owners are rich. Thus with superior tax laws, gun control laws, efficient and incorruptible government, it will be pure heaven for that Vancouver owner who sees only bad things about his own city.

Now if that owner still prefer Vancouver with all her warts over such a wonderful Singapore, then those who reported such posts are missing some things.

Things like objectivity. Things like what is truly important. Things like belonging. Things like trusting your own government. Things like being valued. Things like being safe; do you feel safe in Vancouver or do you feel safe in Singapore? It all depends on what you are looking at, is it not?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the best ways to know the truth is to invite that Vancouver owner to migrate to Singapore.

LOL ! I have nvr come across anyone (at least for now) who would give up their 1st world status to migrate and obtain a citizenship in SG.. There are good things about SG, but obtaining a SG citizenship is totally a diff issue. Perhaps the 3rd class China-nese or India-nese will consider doing that for stepping stones..

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL ! I have nvr come across anyone (at least for now) who would give up their 1st world status to migrate and obtain a citizenship in SG.. There are good things about SG, but obtaining a SG citizenship is totally a diff issue. Perhaps the 3rd class China-nese or India-nese will consider doing that for stepping stones..
sorry to disappoint you, have you heard of Botak Jones? he has just recently become a sgp citizen.
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_420339.html

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry to disappoint you, have you heard of Botak Jones? he has just recently become a sgp citizen.
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_420339.html

Haha.. i'm wrong this time.. No one will ever give their freedom so easily unless they received something in return.. in this case, it is $$$ and his business..

SG is the land of opportunity for millionaires coz their rights are protected and they're getting cheap labour.. so why not ?

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.. i'm wrong this time.. No one will ever give their freedom so easily unless they received something in return.. in this case, it is $$$ and his business..

SG is the land of opportunity for millionaires coz their rights are protected and they're getting cheap labour.. so why not ?

USA has becomes a Banana Republic already. What's is he giving up?
Even Jim Rogers also "run road" to Sinkapore. But they don't know
Sinkapore is the next Titanic.:biggrin: