• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Zorro Lim opens his cheebye mouth again..

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]Just the right prescription, don[/h]
Published on Apr 13, 2012
<IFRAME style="WIDTH: 56px; HEIGHT: 62px" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-vertical" title="Twitter Tweet Button" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.1333526973.html#_=1334353956924&count=vertical&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.straitstimes.com%2FSTForum%2FOnlineStory%2FSTIStory_788047.html&size=m&text=Just%20the%20right%20prescription%2C%20don&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.straitstimes.com%2FSTForum%2FOnlineStory%2FSTIStory_788047.html" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no></IFRAME>

<g:plusone></g:plusone>

inShare​

<!--start of webspecial icon, if any-->
Purchase this article for republication

Buy SPH photos

<!--close .storyLeft-->PROFESSOR Lim Chong Yah has given Singapore the right dose of wage advice ('Professor's 'shock therapy' to revamp wages'; Tuesday).
His latest prescription should be taken by the accredited cleaning companies, along with best-sourcing practices; this way, the best candidates will be attracted to the industry and be trained.
Productivity will go up. Then other cleaning companies will follow and employ citizens as they see the effects of that wage advice.
Vincent Albert Gabriel

[h=1]Thank you, Prof Lim[/h]
Published on Apr 13, 2012
<IFRAME style="WIDTH: 56px; HEIGHT: 62px" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-vertical" title="Twitter Tweet Button" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.1333526973.html#_=1334353986694&count=vertical&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.straitstimes.com%2FSTForum%2FOnlineStory%2FSTIStory_788050.html&size=m&text=Thank%20you%2C%20Prof%20Lim&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.straitstimes.com%2FSTForum%2FOnlineStory%2FSTIStory_788050.html" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no></IFRAME>
3Share

<g:plusone></g:plusone>

inShare​

<!--start of webspecial icon, if any-->
Purchase this article for republication

Buy SPH photos

<!--close .storyLeft-->
IF WE agree with Professor Lim Chong Yah ('Time to restructure Singapore for the future'; Tuesday), that the lower-income group is seriously lagging, let us do something about it.
Ignoring the dilemma of Singapore's poorer strata will have serious consequences.
Thank you, Prof Lim, for raising the issue and offering an answer.
Jason See

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem with Prof Lim's proposal is that when you increase the wages of those earning below $1,500 overnight, you are not going to get any increase in productivity overnight, if at all.

If you are running a business then you'll understand the pain. The govt make it tough for you to get cheap / low end workers. Then now suppose they want you to suddenly increase their pay 30%. However your revenue isn't going to magically increase by the same amount.

There is a good reason why certain level of workers are only paid low wages. It's got to do with them not having skill set that happens to be highly valued in the present economy. The only way for low wage earners to improve their lot is to gain other skill set, get into other industry. If they can't, they are just fated to be low income earners.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
575119_331777170208938_181333458586644_874061_825171091_n.jpg

ForFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everytime Zorro opens his mouth, it shows how shallow he is. How did he ever become a minister!! :(

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Zorro Lim is right. Prof Lim championed a high wage policy way back in the early 80s with disastrous results. By 1985, Singapore was in the depths of a recession as a result of wage rises far outstripping productivity gains. The crunch came when Philips stated categorically that it was closing its Singapore operations.

It was left to LHL to sort out the mess. He took bold steps to bring labour costs down to a realistic level and saved the day.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Believing in what Lim Swee Say says is like believing someone who says Ho Ching is the sexiest and most desirable woman in the world

hi there

1. don't sell him short!
2. to such specimen, anything with a hole could be desirable & sexy.
3. just look at its fugly face.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
T
Now those earning $1500 and below will hate that stupid Zorro comment.
He better dont walk near cleaner/guard/driver................something might fly around him.

This fake NTUC Chief had too good a life for far too long at the expense of the workers,in other countries ,he would have his balls castrated already,provided he has it.
He walk near cleaner,the cleaner would shut his mouth with a mop.
He walk near guard,the guard would shut his mouth with his baton.
He walk near driver,the driver would jam brake in front of him until he become speechless.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Believing in what Lim Swee Say says is like believing someone who says Ho Ching is the sexiest and most desirable woman in the world

You must be a demi-god to experience such exquisite taste, that is the ultimate ambrosia, we mortals can never have & can never fathom!:p

jw5

Loyal
We must have better jobs for Singaporeans.
If there is pain, let's take the pain together.
If it doesn't rain tomorrow, it will be sunny.
Tomorrow is one day after today.
Today I pang sai and went to take a shower. Tomorrow I will do the same.

Suzie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everytime Zorro opens his mouth, it shows how shallow he is. How did he ever become a minister!! :(

Sometimes, Luck and Chance Play a Big Role ...
We have 4 maybe more Universities in Sinkie Land ; why all the Economists there so Quiet ???
Quote : "Or every month they received their Pay-Checks They feel so Happy ..."

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You see we are all powerless against him and his PAP gang so we can only lan-lan and curse them

死仆街咸家鏟生子没屎弗

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
You see we are all powerless against him and his PAP gang so we can only lan-lan and curse them

not true, bro
folks of Hougang & Potong Pasir had always been our guiding light. was only until the last GE that we're left with folks in Aljunied GRC and Hougang SMC to help carry the torch :o:o:o
the magical number of opposition MPs shall be more than a third of the Parliamentary seats :smile::smile::smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
not true, bro
folks of Hougang & Potong Pasir had always been our guiding light. was only until the last GE that we're left with folks in Aljunied GRC and Hougang SMC to help carry the torch :o:o:o
the magical number of opposition MPs shall be more than a third of the Parliamentary seats :smile::smile::smile:

Ok I agree but maybe I have to say I am powerless, knn Tg Pagar GRC la, KNNBLCBLKY

ayamaclone

Alfrescian
Loyal
zorro is so good at telling jokes. every time he say something, he get a warm reception from everyone. he should retire and be a comedian.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He walk near driver,the driver would jam brake in front of him until he become speechless.

If I was driving and he appeared, I'd step on the accelerator and ram him, to make sure he's speechless. Anyway no murder case, just traffic accident.

ArjanParangToh

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
R

Ajarn, Zorro worship the chee bye mouth god. Sibeh powder one.

Like that arjan me must go up mountain again find my Lersi for powder to handle that powder. Will be back and login by next week , now my lersi songkran also. By next week, I may need more parangtoh from you bro. kum sia very much.

Last edited: