• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Your favourite haunt

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What yours? It can be for nightlife, supper, bike ride, pick-up joints, meet soccer mums etc

Mine
Nightlife - for years wherever Alban and Zul played with Anywhere/Tanglin taking front and centre
Getaway - Changi Beach late nights and fishing
Supper - teochew muay - river valley, kent ridge nasi lemak

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nightlife - there was a disco at a hotel in Katong - forget the names of both
Getaway - Sentosa when there were still villages with goats running about, Kota Tinggi when I finally got my restricted passport
Supper - A&W Drive-in at Bukit Timah, KFC at Kampong Java Park and Adam Road Food Centre (still there).

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nightlife: the Worlds : Great World , Gay World , New World , Happy World
Getaway : Kallang Park, Wonderland
Supper : Waterloo St Sarabat Stall , Rasa Singapura ( ex- STPB now of course they call themselves STB

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must be retro one is it? And preferably the places no longer around?

Nightlife - Xanadu, Europa Changi Village, Dato Rajah, Mechinta (JB)
Getaway - Coney Island
Supper - Under whitley flyover, Lau Pasat/Transit markrt, Bras Braseh Park HC/Beer Garden

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...the day must be slow and the dog refused to go for a pee walk....
must support my idol.....

Night life - nil.....sleep at eight
getaway - ?????
supper - nil...sleep at eight

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha...the day must be slow and the dog refused to go for a pee walk....
must support my idol.....

Night life - nil.....sleep at eight
getaway - ?????
supper - nil...sleep at eight
your life very boring........thought of going to bedok reservoir?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
your life very boring........thought of going to bedok reservoir?
hahaha.....u are more kuku than kukubird...
the key word is "haunt"......we are talking about the past......60s, 70s, 80s; 90s; etc...
good thing must learn (read and discern) but don't blindly follow the bad habits of those idiotic scums who think they can bully their ways through all the time.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha.....u are more kuku than kukubird...
the key word is "haunt"......we are talking about the past......60s, 70s, 80s; 90s; etc...
good thing must learn (read and discern) but don't blindly follow the bad habits of those idiotic scums who think they can bully their ways through all the time.
haunt = past? to be sure i checked the dictionary........the meaning of haunt...nothing to suggest that notion.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
haunt = past? to be sure i checked the dictionary........the meaning of haunt...nothing to suggest that notion.

hahaha....i wonder how many of the following places still around????
Nightlife - Xanadu, Europa Changi Village, Dato Rajah, Mechinta (JB)
Getaway - Coney Island
Supper - Under whitley flyover, Lau Pasat/Transit markrt, Bras Braseh Park HC/Beer Garden

Last edited:

Grace

Alfrescian
Loyal
///
Ridley's at the old ANA Hotel opposite the now Tanglin Mall.
Rumours at Forum Galleria.
Brannigans at Hyatt Hotel.
Oasis for teochew porridge and Newton food ctr for Oyster omellette.
Those were the Good Old Days.
///
xxx
:eek:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Used to be Orchard Rd carpark for makan in the late 60s and early 70s. Tivoli too.

Fishball noodles now probably run by son at Toa Payoh lor 8 hc was from there, still good esp his fishballs but always with long queue and opens for dinner till around 1am.
The stall is facing lor 8 with a small chinese newspaper cutting regarding Orchard rd carpark hawkers.

Teochew porridge just behind is also very good esp. steam fish and also quite cheap. Opens till about 1am also.

Both very popular with queues. Enjoy!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fishball noodles now probably run by son at Toa Payoh lor 8 hc was from there, still good esp his fishballs but always with long queue and opens for dinner till around 1am.
The stall is facing lor 8 with a small chinese newspaper cutting regarding Orchard rd carpark hawkers.

The balding man? Used to open for biz at 2 or 3am. Lots of taxi drivers makaned the noodles. Moved to nearby kpt when HC was under renovation. Haven't been there for a long time. I believe the stall is Khin Kee. While at Orchard Rd carpark, this Ah Khin was with one "Jepun.' Latter really looked like a Jepun kia.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The balding man? Used to open for biz at 2 or 3am. Lots of taxi drivers makaned the noodles. Moved to nearby kpt when HC was under renovation. Haven't been there for a long time. I believe the stall is Khin Kee. While at Orchard Rd carpark, this Ah Khin was with one "Jepun.' Latter really looked like a Jepun kia.

Yes, the balding Jepunese looking guy is running it.