• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

YOG Food Poisoning - Suntec City Convention Kitchen again

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only has he grossly overspent, he still insists that every dollar is well spent. But he doesn't show where the money is spent.......Please lah, let's vote out the PAP once and for all. Then when we look in the mirror, we can be proud that we defeated the PAP and ge our lives back in order.

Be careful what you wish for, you vote him out, you also vote Dr Lily Neo out, there will be one less Chiu Bo in PAP.:mad:

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not even a small time caterer - it is some big company that does the catering!

Food poisoning is something that is easily avoided if the caterer has proper food hygiene and handling methods. This tells you how clean their workers are, how they store their food etc

wahlaneh...
why he never kana?:confused:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
guys who have served NS, you know how different they treat the VIP, they can also claim to eat the 'same food' - specially prepared by the same cook house. :biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>Dr Balakrishnan said: "For myself, I have made it a point everyday to have my meal with the volunteers so that's my way of ensuring quality control - that the food for the volunteers is the same food that I eat. <<

ST_17116311.jpg

U believe he will eat this pile of dog food EVERYDAY? Or is it more likely a case of Dua Kang Yao Siu? :oIo:

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
in summary, sinkieland is always double standards. the znghu will do all it takes to suck & lick foreigners' balls until shiny gilat (can see reflection), but when it comes to treating their own countrymen, they say "u die your problem"

after the investigation, they will say; "we're very satisfied with the sanitation & hygiene standards of the kitchens"

then the question is, if they're satisified with the standards of the kitchen, y they dont dare to serve the athletes & officials the same food?

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>Dr Balakrishnan said: "For myself, I have made it a point everyday to have my meal with the volunteers so that's my way of ensuring quality control - that the food for the volunteers is the same food that I eat. <<

ST_17116311.jpg

U believe he will eat this pile of dog food EVERYDAY? Or is it more likely a case of Dua Kang Yao Siu? :oIo:
based on his background & upbringing, he will say, compared to the old days when growing up.... the YOG 'doggie meal' is a luxury

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
based on his background & upbringing,

Looking up on his background, he is quite interesting:

- Father keling, mother chinese - no wonder he look pariah

- he is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and a Consultant Ophthalmologist - got to respect him for the brains and the fact he don't flaunt the "Dr" salutation. He could have insisted on being address as doctor

- Commanding Officer of the 2nd Combat Support Hospital

- Give in to Dr Lily Neo by raising public assistance from $280 to $360

- Insist it is worth spending $380 million on YOG

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
as a medical practitioner by profession, he should have ensured that the sterility of kitchens should be at a higher standard, than what AVA or NEA may have blindly approved.

i still believe its double standard, that there r 2 categories of food catered for the athletes vs those that the volunteers eat.

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
as a medical practitioner by profession, he should have ensured that the sterility of kitchens should be at a higher standard, than what AVA or NEA may have blindly approved.

i still believe its double standard, that there r 2 categories of food catered for the athletes vs those that the volunteers eat.

I agree on this, he failed in food safety and I bet there is two different menus for YOG and only when exposed, he improved the menu

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
guys who have served NS, you know how different they treat the VIP, they can also claim to eat the 'same food' - specially prepared by the same cook house. :biggrin:

The food is specially cooked by specially selected cook, inspected throughly by the QM, checked by the encik, vetted by the MO.

Of course they will eat in the same mess, as the men, who on that day get good foor like the 1 in a 50 year flood thing.

The area will be thoroughly cleaned by the GD men, scrubbed & sanitized to perfection.

The VIP will proclaim that they had eaten the same food & sat down at same mess as the men.:rolleyes: if that VIP insist on eating the same food that the men eats everyday, prepared by the army cooks & eat in the mess, the same as it is everyday I WILL PERSONALLY SALUTE that person!!

VERNALICK

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's un realistic 2 expect YOG 2 b Food Poisoning free or I'll b worry if there's no Food Poisoning !!! So feel free 2 choose 1 !

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair to the fella, Bala cant be at 2 places at the same time. Maybe he has instructed the staff on the stringent requirements, but clearly instructions falled upon deaf ears. And the reason is?

the F&B industry is flooded by FTs ah-tiong, most of them can't even understand simple english.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is healthy practice as athletes burn lots of calories and fats during training and competition. Volunteers are just on light duties, eat too much will gain unwanted and unhealthy weight.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely right, this person is a poison snake in the grass, better subdue it before it gets into your boots. The next general erection is your chance, peasants.
The last time he promised an inquiry, it never took place. He is becoming most dishonest person in this cabinet.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking up on his background, he is quite interesting:

- Father keling, mother chinese - no wonder he look pariah

- he is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and a Consultant Ophthalmologist - got to respect him for the brains and the fact he don't flaunt the "Dr" salutation. He could have insisted on being address as doctor

- Commanding Officer of the 2nd Combat Support Hospital

- Give in to Dr Lily Neo by raising public assistance from $280 to $360

- Insist it is worth spending $380 million on YOG

Dr. title - He gave it up since becoming CEO of SGH. He didn't want patients to see that title and bother him.

Public assistance - Actually, he f*cked Lily upside down in Parliament about hawker food or foodcourt food. Later in his office, his officials told him, adjusted for GST and inflation, it's actually a decrease, so he OKed.

YOG - Actually, he told his officials, just bid regardless of how much.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
My generation has no problem eating SAF cookhouse food because everybody eats (and throws away in protest) the same garbage the trainee cooks churned out.

I must say that some of the HQ SAF cookhouses during my time has better quality than paid canteen chup-chai-phng or nasi-chumpor hawker fare. This is because the master cooks were the best in SAFs serving at HQ level.

Because of the "specials" some SAF senior officers during my NS days were obese and cannot pass IPPT.:biggrin: