• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Yet Another Screw Up ... SGX is Down! ...

PokeMonk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is becoming very real now.

Disney Singapore is no good. Everybody pretend everything is fine and dandy.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't be a cock lah. remisier is not a stock broker. U can be a remisier in singapore. Or a stock broker. The difference with remisier is that you are self employed commission base. As a stock broker, u are am employee of a brokerage. i think last time, from what i remember, a remisier has to deposit $30K in case he incurs losses for his clients. A stock broker does not have to do that. Any trading losses cost by broker error is covered by his firm's insurance. But the point is moot. Most people doing online trading now.

They have a better name for the stock broker, Trading Representatives....Remisier, have to pay for the desk, & pay for the phone lines, fax line & facilities of the trading room plus other fees, the spilt of commission between the stock broking house & remisier...depends on their agreement. Whereas a stock broker, may have his/her own customers, but they are of the company...they are paid fixed salary, plus comm , bonuses on performance etc. They are working for the company....

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lucky I can't be bothered to trade on Sinkie exchange, today I learned with hands-on experience that a Bollinger squeeze is a powderful continuation pattern. However, bloody boring waiting for the Hantu to escape from the squeeze. At least I was able to get out of my natural short bias and go long to kalang kabok and add more in the afternoon. Not knowing when it will escape and it might go the other way, I have to be alert when I would rather be asleep :smile: Still I was richly rewarded for my efforts but always not enough :rolleyes: Only gazillion bucks will satisfy me! Yeah, greed is good and to hell with SGX.

http://www.aastocks.com/en/stock/detailchart.aspx?symbol=110010&hb=0#GTop

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-halts-all-stock-trading-on-securities-market

Last edited:

Black Swan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would a nice champagne be a squeeze?

bollinger-special-cuvee-brut-nv-champagne-75cl.jpg

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of us are thinking of suing SGX for loss of potential profits. We should also pressure SGX to hire more trained IT personnel from India to ensure this sort of glitch doesn't happen again.

get ur priority right lah... we need more paper generals like desperate quack.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
have been selling some of shares.

hope tomorrow can sell thai beverage. then i will wait for next round liao.

maybe sgx also can sell? or wait for dividend?

Feryl

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is the big hoo haa ? Penang Laksa hits all punters G-spot? Panic mode now?

U see, now Sinkes panic already, Penang Laksa is correct, isn't he?

By the way, SGX save costs on server maintenance fees?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe our dear leader LHL had the right idea by terminating internet access.

I'm sure that we have enough ah nehs in the work force to show how we can go back to doing it manually :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe our dear leader LHL had the right idea by terminating internet access.

I'm sure that we have enough ah nehs in the work force to show how we can go back to doing it manually :smile:

Terminating internet access was to plug, the 'leaking tea bags'....that had been leaking damping information on the misdeeds of their "members' thus culminating in, two by-elections & loss of scholars talents that were , BLOWN away.

Plugging the leak...is the utmost important...

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
yet another scroo up! ...

sgx securities market temporarily ceased trading @ 1138 hours ...

Wonder if is that Indian company HCL that supports SGX. Big news some years ago when they bagged the support contract .

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder if is that Indian company HCL that supports SGX. Big news some years ago when they bagged the support contract .

HCL owns 50 percent of government related contracts.

This Sinke govt will never award any local SME (using excuses like not enough business size, no track record blah blah). Only award to their doggie firms like NCS or Ah Neh firms.

All the talks about supporting SME are BS.

Even their advertising campaigns only awards to Angmo international firms and even (in STB case) to pinoy agency. One with enough contacts in the ad agency world will know about this.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
HCL owns 50 percent of government related contracts.

This Sinke govt will never award any local SME (using excuses like not enough business size, no track record blah blah). Only award to their doggie firms like NCS or Ah Neh firms.

All the talks about supporting SME are BS.

Even their advertising campaigns only awards to Angmo international firms and even (in STB case) to pinoy agency. One with enough contacts in the ad agency world will know about this.

I agree . All talk of supporting SME is BS. For all the support that NCS has, they are nowhere internationally. At least I will give HCL credit for international standing.
Notice nobody mentions the IT company involved in the SGX fiasco ?

Black Swan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree . All talk of supporting SME is BS. For all the support that NCS has, they are nowhere internationally. At least I will give HCL credit for international standing.
Notice nobody mentions the IT company involved in the SGX fiasco ?

SGX mentioned that IBM was their service vendor during the 2014 glitch if I recall correctly. Not sure if IBM is still being contracted.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
SGX mentioned that IBM was their service vendor during the 2014 glitch if I recall correctly. Not sure if IBM is still being contracted.

please lah.... our scholars will tell you the fault lies with speculators like krafty who logged into SGX all at the same time.

all must take turn, even if SQ drop $5 within 1/2 hour, all must take turn to log in.

btw, when will they b shipping the server back to china for repair? i very suspect that the tiongsters will learn from FAP and also take 52 man years to repair.