• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yet another racist tirade - Amy Cheong style.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, the three divide-and-conquer policies. Not just to clip the wings of the powerful Chinese dialect clans, but to forestall the development of strong ethnic enclaves voting along racial lines – in particular the Malays who tend to bring their kampung into the urban setting.

The 4th, the GRC system, ostensibly to ensure minority representation in Parliament, was actually implemented to raise the barrier to opposition entry, after Chiam became the 2nd opposition member to win an election.

Little wonder we're more racially divided today than during the early post-Independence years.

we need to bring back the hokkien huay guan,it is the cornerstone of Singapore history and the symbol of the might and power of the overseas chinese community,and tribute to great overseas chinese like Tan Kah Kee and Lim Nee Soon,sigh....do singaporeans especially the older sinkie generations the pioneer generation know how much of sinkie's culture and history has been lost?or are they truly coolies and peasants who have no clue what was going on outside their kaya and roti and daily exercise routine?the pioneer generation should be teaching the youngsters the culture and history of singapore and passing down the great legends of

Last edited:

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The elephant in the room: how the hell did we ever get to this stage of hypersensitivity and intolerance to the each other's cultural and religious differences and the way we celebrate our festivals and rites?

Growing up in the '60s and '70s there were never any complaints of noisy Malay weddings or Chinese funerals or putrid curries or Indian jagahs or Malay Ahmads, even though most of us lived in crowded – okay, maybe less so than today – HDB estates and kampungs. We ate at the same table, got invited to one another's homes, spoke each other's patois, and no one bothered to look for the 'halal' label on snacks and restaurant signs.

Something went wrong along the way. I suspect this rising inter-ethnic tension and racism to be emblematic of a much deeper problem than just mere primordial instincts at play. And I suspect the finger points, again, to you-know-who.

I am not that old to be able to comment on the 60s and 70s. In my school days we already had SAP schools and the speak mandarin campaign. These were billed as part and parcel of the Singapore identity. I was too young then to think about how other races felt. Did not even know that there was a question that needed to be asked.

I don't disagree with the HDB ethnic quota. But I disagree with race based self help groups. There should be one single umbrella taking care of everyone, with the Chinese contributing the lion share of the funds.

Agree with you and scroobal as to asking why we have come to this state of hypersensitivity and lack of ability to articulate concerns without making a racist tirade. It is a major failure of our country if this problem is not confined to few individuals but is in fact systemic.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The speak Mandarin campaign after a while turned out to have political sinister overtones. It was the more than dog whistle politics. It wrecked a whole generation and the collateral damage is huge. The rich could afford to send their kids overseas. Other were not lucky. There were Indian, Malay and Eurasian kids that even took Mandarin only to complain years later in the ST forum pages that employers who advertised Mandarin were referring to ethnic Chinese.

The Chinese SMEs and banks were notorious for putting up ads for 'Mandarin-speaking' applicants only to reject minority applicants who spoke Mandarin when they turned up for interviews.

The Speak Mandarin Campaign didn't stop there. The Mother Tongue policy entrenched the divide further, forcing pupils to study their respective official mother tongues. This aggravated the job situation so badly for the minorities there was an exodus of Indians and Eurasians from the mid-80s onwards, mainly to Perth and Sydney. The Malays were too poor to emigrate, so they turned to the civil service, ironically, for their iron rice bowl. The police force for the guys, the teaching profession for the women.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Beg to differ. It's not question of money, affordability. Just cannot relate to your last bit, questioning "human decency and value"......... :p
it may well be, when cost is a factor - for the next wedding as divorce rates amongst malays are the highest here.
if and when that happens, virginity is not a factor as there's 72 of them awaiting :wink:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taking this analogy further, most of sinkapore is not halal. Should the Malays carve up a piece of the island for themselves?

In the old days, malays got their kampungs and malay ghetto( malay majority areas). And malay wedding was a gotong royong affair with whole community chipping in and bothering nobody.And umno exist in these areas. Then wicked PAP confiscated the malay reserve land and build hdb's on it, and scattered malays all over the island with no more than 15-20% per constituency. Now malays got no voice despite having special privilege as stated in the constitution.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
The speak Mandarin campaign after a while turned out to have political sinister overtones. It was the more than dog whistle politics. It wrecked a whole generation and the collateral damage is huge. The rich could afford to send their kids overseas. Other were not lucky. There were Indian, Malay and Eurasian kids that even took Mandarin only to complain years later in the ST forum pages that employers who advertised Mandarin were referring to ethnic Chinese.

It was just a Hakka chap that decided that he did not want the Hokkeins, the Teochew and the Cantonese to have an advantage when it came to politics and he conveniently used China as excuse to introduce Mandarin. And in this respect he never had to face another Lim Chin Siong on a national level. And he was right when Low took Hougang using Teochew dialect.

None of this was done to benefit the country. Look at Hong Kong and Taiwan. Any speak the Mandarin campaign? And they have gone into China big time and they dominate among the foreigners.
hahaha....truly an empty vessel....
the speak mandarin campaign started in 1979 for the following reasons...
1. to allow chinese to have a common language for conversation with each other...
of course there collateral damages but the aim was not to make mandarin the working/dominant language.... Nanyang U was shut down in 1980..
in fact many of the older gen were very unhappy with the gahmen that they were unable to enjoy TV/Radio programs with dialect content (teochew/cantonese/hokkien etc.)
as to political gains....LTK only won his seat in 1991 and the naive view was that it was because he spoke teochew...

2. another reason was the thinking that learning different dialects on top of mandarin and english would be a burden for the future gen....

3. that china uses mandarin and we are proficient in mandarin is another advantage....

i do not think that Mandarin was a compulsory subject for Malays, Indians or other races in schools....so what is the beef here????

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Chinese SMEs and banks were notorious for putting up ads for 'Mandarin-speaking' applicants only to reject minority applicants who spoke Mandarin when they turned up for interviews.

The Speak Mandarin Campaign didn't stop there. The Mother Tongue policy entrenched the divide further, forcing pupils to study their respective official mother tongues. This aggravated the job situation so badly for the minorities there was an exodus of Indians and Eurasians from the mid-80s onwards, mainly to Perth and Sydney. The Malays were too poor to emigrate, so they turned to the civil service, ironically, for their iron rice bowl. The police force for the guys, the teaching profession for the women.

this is why multiculturalism will never work,for nearly 4 decades,singapore cant even decide who they want to be,what identity they belong to and what language they should be speaking.we should have followed swizerland's model of each canton sticking to their own mother tongue,french,german or italian and all speaking a common language english and all swiss must learn a 3rd language,one of the other languages spoken by the cantons.ultimately the white folks are simply just a smarter and more intuitive race......look at what a sorry fuck up mess singapore is,2 million trash on this island and a nation of misfits,how can you not be ashamed to be sinkie when u look at the swiss?honestly.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it may well be, when cost is a factor - for the next wedding as divorce rates amongst malays are the highest here.
if and when that happens, virginity is not a factor as there's 72 of them awaiting :wink:

In the old days, malays got their kampungs and malay ghetto( malay majority areas). And malay wedding was a gotong royong affair with whole community chipping in and bothering nobody.And umno exist in these areas. Then wicked PAP confiscated the malay reserve land and build hdb's on it, and scattered malays all over the island with no more than 15-20% per constituency. Now malays got no voice despite having special privilege as stated in the constitution.

syed putred and semaj,i forgot who is the original malay troll?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fully agree with you on the pioneer generation and how it played out. It worked well and achieved its political goal.

Cheers!

we need to bring back the hokkien huay guan,it is the cornerstone of Singapore history and the symbol of the might and power of the overseas chinese community,and tribute to great overseas chinese like Tan Kah Kee and Lim Nee Soon,sigh....do singaporeans especially the older sinkie generations the pioneer generation know how much of sinkie's culture and history has been lost?or are they truly coolies and peasants who have no clue what was going on outside their kaya and roti and daily exercise routine?the pioneer generation should be teaching the youngsters the culture and history of singapore and passing down the great legends of

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The minorities who took up Mandarin for better opportunities and to even to contribute toward integration were badly played out. When the complaints became quite bad, MOE changed tack and told them to take their mother tongue. Those from mixed marriages with a Chinese parent was asked to sign a waiver if they took Mandarin.

Agree on the exodus. Lost friends including Baba families that left because of the damaging family policies.

In the end, old man allowed 2 of his grandsons to move to Singapore American school to avoid Mandarin.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
In the end, old man allowed 2 of his grandsons to move to Singapore American school to avoid Mandarin.

With all the mobile translation apps available nowadays mastery of a language isn't needed anymore. My Ang Moh friend has no problems doing business and fucking his brains out in China despite not speaking a word of Mandarin other than "Ni Hau".

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thru my observation over the years, i find malays rather stupid and they have very strong ego, the indians in s'pore are natural trouble makers, we call them snake not for no reason. the sinkie chinks are hopeless and too obsessed with money, thanks to pap for brain washing them since young in this way.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thru my observation over the years, i find malays rather stupid and they have very strong ego, the indians in s'pore are natural trouble makers, we call them snake not for no reason. the sinkie chinks are hopeless and too obsessed with money, thanks to pap for brain washing them since young in this way.

good observation.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell me about it. Just go to places like Shenzhen etc. lots of foreigners and even Africans doing a roaring trade. Look at Suzhou - all the Mandarin and even knowing Deng did not help one bit.

I acknowledge that language gives someone an edge but not at the expense of screwing someone's education or screwing the integration of one's country. And look at the foreigners who have taken up jobs here - Filipinos, Indians from India, Burmese, Ang Mos etc.

With all the mobile translation apps available nowadays mastery of a language isn't needed anymore. My Ang Moh friend has no problems doing business and fucking his brains out in China despite not speaking a word of Mandarin other than "Ni Hau".

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

lots of mainland chinks cant speak a lick of english in australia either,mutual fuckery.though i wonder whats the point,u isolate urself among the other smelly chinks and see the world thru tinted glasses.ur interactions are superficial and u understand little of others culture.thats why in australia i only appreciate those from first world countries,be it jap or korean or Peruvian or malaysian or european with a decent grasp of english and boldly step forths.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha....truly an empty vessel....
the speak mandarin campaign started in 1979 for the following reasons...
1. to allow chinese to have a common language for conversation with each other...
of course there collateral damages but the aim was not to make mandarin the working/dominant language.... Nanyang U was shut down in 1980..
in fact many of the older gen were very unhappy with the gahmen that they were unable to enjoy TV/Radio programs with dialect content (teochew/cantonese/hokkien etc.)
as to political gains....LTK only won his seat in 1991 and the naive view was that it was because he spoke teochew...

2. another reason was the thinking that learning different dialects on top of mandarin and english would be a burden for the future gen....

3. that china uses mandarin and we are proficient in mandarin is another advantage....

i do not think that Mandarin was a compulsory subject for Malays, Indians or other races in schools....so what is the beef here????

terrific post, jw5! have you found your lifetime companion? need not be female. males boleh. can be doggie too. how?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another example was where a middle aged woman went around ranting about how Singapore's society should be Chinese centric and asked the condo management why they hired all Indian security personnel who allegedly has been giving her trouble.

This is known as Chinese privilege, and it is a problem in Singapore. Certain tuition agencies have the temerity to tell applicants that they want to work only with Chinese tutors.

It is similar to Malay privilege in Malaysia, only there it is far worse because it is institutionalized through the constitution and through government policies and Malaysian leaders are allowed to attack Chinese racially fearing without consequence.

Oh please comparing the policies in mudland to SG is like night and day. Over there chinese are beaten/robbed and denied places in uni, Here it's ppl complaining properly and correctly when m&ds and shit skins do something wrong.

If indians had been giving her trouble of course she wouldn't want shit skin security. If m&ds make noise of course they deserve to get scolded.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Die liao chinesedog m&d and shit skin lover scrooballs is going to flame you.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
seriously i like the malay wedding music alot better than chinese funeral music or chanting......and malays got some kickass rock songs/love ballads.and yeah why not complain about the incense and kim chua burning shit during seventh month and CNY?that is some serious fucked up bullshit.....imagine smelling that smoke 24 hours a day,every fucking day.this country is a piece of shit,not only its hot as fuck 9 months out the year,2 months of the year u get to breathe haze and another month and two weeks u get to smell smoke everyday.why the fuck am i not in australia yet?????

see typical chinese dog posting crap again supporting m&ds and even worse making it seem like his own opinion is better than others opinions.

You hate your race so much why stay in singapore? move to shit skin land or mudland. Oh yes one more thing when you get betrayed by m&ds or shit skins, ang mohs etc don't ask a chinese for help ok.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the sound system is blaring the Police will be called and they will advise the organisers accordingly. It is not uncommon. Carrying out a racist rant is a different matter. Hope you can tell the difference.

fuck you scrooballs. She posted it on her fb and she deserves to write it. Let's assume a m&d or a shit skin wrote the same about chinese ppl would you flame them?

Of course not. I will showcase the ridiculous double standards and also the comparison with other countries where racism is about being truly bullied with violence, cheated, true discrimination and the stupid silly little incidents here like facebook postings, someone didn't smile at him being called racism and then making it seem like SG is equally as racist as other countries.

Chinesedogs like you have been trying to make sure Chinese people bend over backwards and tolerate more of non Chinese behavior especially that of m&ds and shit skins and make sure they become slaves and Chinese dogs like yourself.

Hey you want to be a cuck or be a slave to them that's fine don't expect other Chinese to become a Chinese dog like you.